SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Crash Dive & Crash Dive II (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=270)
-   -   New game: Crash Dive (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=213944)

Aktungbby 06-20-14 02:55 PM

Welcome Aboard

Valdamant and Karok!:Kaleun_Salute:

Jimbuna 06-21-14 07:45 AM

Welcome to SubSim Valdamant and Karok :sunny:

Chad 06-21-14 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v-i-c- (Post 2217822)
https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/2726

A funny side note: I've asked Mighty Vertex Games if they could create some WW2 ships for the Asset Store or what it would costs to hire them to create 3D Models for me (to speed up things). They've released this package a few weeks later (but I never bought it because the style does not fit to my own models)

These models are awesome, but the $275 is an awfully large amount.

If it was half that amount I would be definitely interested.

arkroyal 06-22-14 02:02 AM

Bought it and played, Great Game Scott:salute:

Regards

Julke 06-22-14 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanicEnsues (Post 2218052)
I remembered why I went with m/s: Ranges are given in m, so for players who are doing mental math to calculate travel times, m/s makes that easier.

I still may change it to knots, but that was my logic at the time.

In real life it is always big mess with many different units. Nautical miles are used for sailed distance, knots for speed, meters for calculating distance from the object or for depth measurement, m/s can be used for wind speed. At least for me this "mess" sounds quite normal. So if I see m/s unit for speed of sub, I am totaly lost, I don't know how fast I am :)

TorpX 06-23-14 01:32 AM

I ran into the same thing when I used to do ballistic calculations. Wind speeds are usually given in knots or m.p.h., but it made more sense math wise to have them in ft./sec., the units used for velocity.

Here you are better off:
1 m/s = ~ 2 knots

or more precisely...

1 m/s = 1.9438 kt.

mikedora 06-23-14 02:27 AM

I'm one of those enjoying Crash Dive on my iPad, but I have one gameplay question: in Single Mission mode, how do you end the mission?

Several times in this mode I've encountered a convoy, sunk 3-4-5 ships, and successfully escaped the counterattacks, but I haven't figured out then how to "close" the mission & record a success...

What am I missing please?

Mike

PanicEnsues 06-23-14 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikedora (Post 2218639)
I'm one of those enjoying Crash Dive on my iPad, but I have one gameplay question: in Single Mission mode, how do you end the mission?
What am I missing please?

Well, crap. Looks like you're missing what everyone else (including me) is missing: The "Disengage" button, which is not showing up in the single mission mode menu. It's a bug; thanks for catching that, and I'll fix it ASAP.

Regards,

-Scott

mikedora 06-23-14 05:14 PM

Thanks Scott,

I thought I was going senile or something! Thing is, I started with the Single Missions to get the hang of the game, and because of this hang-up I hadn't progressed to the War Patrol yet..

Cheers

Mike

Eburlh 06-23-14 10:10 PM

Crash Dive

Love the game!! About time a good one came out. :yeah:

I would love it if you could add a campaign to the patrol. It would be great if it would last longer!! Other than that, no suggestions!! Great game!!

e

Aktungbby 06-24-14 02:51 AM

Welcome Aboard

Eburlh!:Kaleun_Salute:

Jimbuna 06-24-14 06:58 AM

Welcome Eburlh :sunny:

valdarrant 06-24-14 08:15 AM

The more I play

The better I like it. There are so many layers to the game. Whether its targeting with periscope or without, or now trying to get inside the fleet before opening up. I also have not successfully gone head with the anti-sub ships after sinking the merchantmen. In WW II did the torpedoes home in via ping like they do today? I assumed that is the reason for the distance to arm besides not wanting friendly fire damage.

What is a good reference to better understand the antisub sonar and therefore how to evade it?

pzgndr 06-24-14 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanicEnsues (Post 2218761)
Well, crap. Looks like you're missing what everyone else (including me) is missing: The "Disengage" button, which is not showing up in the single mission mode menu. It's a bug; thanks for catching that, and I'll fix it ASAP.

Also, I've completed the easy starter mission but can't seem to advance to medium? Are the differences between these difficulty levels defined and can players select them at start of single missions and patrols? I'm not seeing that, assuming hard would be most realistic and I'd like to get there. So far it's fun but pretty easy, so I'm ready to crank it up but can't see how.

PanicEnsues 06-24-14 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by valdarrant (Post 2218970)
In WW II did the torpedoes home in via ping like they do today? I assumed that is the reason for the distance to arm besides not wanting friendly fire damage.

Most of the technology advances in WW2 torpedoes were related to propulsion (allowing them to run submerged without putting out a bubble trail) and detonation (magnetic proximity detonators instead of contact, for greater damage). But the new tech was so unreliable (especially for the Germans) that their dud rate was >80% at some points in the war.

Quote:

Originally Posted by valdarrant (Post 2218970)
What is a good reference to better understand the antisub sonar and therefore how to evade it?

The enemy sonar pings expand in a sphere; they are represented in the Chart view by a 2D ring that shows the ping range as it is affected by A) your depth, B) your noise level (primarily throttle).

Your best bet for evasion is to go to maximum depth, run at half or full speed (not flank), and drop one or two decoys. Then try and keep the decoys between yourself and the enemy ships.

Hope that helps,

-Scott