SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Modern Naval Warfare (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=320)
-   -   Did this game die? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=255602)

Ghost Dog 06-17-23 09:17 PM

Did this game die?

kinda feels like they hit some bumps and may have "paused" development? Anyone heard anything?

Crazy Ian 06-18-23 01:58 AM

It is my understanding that the team showed the 'Pro VR' version of this at the Combined Naval Event 2023 at Farnborough in May.

UglyMowgli 06-18-23 01:30 PM

The developers are working on the sim at a steady pace.

Here the latest news from the Discord channel

Kyrgiannis: We got some professionals drooling over the sonar displays so I guess it went.... Great!

If there is no public news if not their fault, since all the Public Relation is on the hand of the publisher.

Crazy Ian 06-19-23 02:14 AM

... and unfortunately that Publishing team is Slitherine.

Fearless 06-23-23 03:46 AM

I think they placed too much on their plates. Looks like focus is on Pro version. That's where the money is but I could be wrong.. :hmmm:

Ghost Dog 06-23-23 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fearless (Post 2873269)
I think they placed too much on their plates. Looks like focus is on Pro version. That's where the money is but I could be wrong.. :hmmm:

Yeah, and Pro Version wont be for commercial release, just government/military only. I had a feeling that might happen.

kickswitch 06-27-23 01:13 AM

Pro version

Sounds like this is a bit like Steel Beasts in that its developed for a military training thang with a public release for gamer/enthusiasts

chevelle505 06-27-23 01:43 AM

Hehh, love how they get the public all hyped up then yank the rug out from under us. Kinda sounded too good to be true…figures. Maybe another developer/publisher with make something similar, either way, sounds like it will still be a few years before we ever see anything like this.

UglyMowgli 06-27-23 11:12 AM

For all of those who think it's dead, please don't apply for the closed Beta that has been announced by Matrixgames last Thursday in the bi-weekly "It's Tea Time with Slitherine" video (I let you search for it).

zachanscom 07-01-23 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UglyMowgli (Post 2873953)
For all of those who think it's dead, please don't apply for the closed Beta that has been announced by Matrixgames last Thursday in the bi-weekly "It's Tea Time with Slitherine" video (I let you search for it).

haha it's astonishing how people can be so fickle.

ET2SN 07-03-23 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zachanscom (Post 2874487)

..after waiting for only three years. :O:

At this point, I'll believe it when I see it. :yep:

FPSchazly 07-05-23 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zachanscom (Post 2874487)

:Kaleun_Applaud:

All, the game is coming. Patience. Also, why are people acting like they've invested any time or money into this project? I mean, if the game were dead, what have you really lost from that? It's just frustrating to me when people seem to be saying this game is dead for their own amusement.

If anyone is interested in a little context, the "gameplay" footage that was released in Fall 2020 was not gameplay footage, it was the video game equivalent of a movie pitch. There was no game yet. Virtually nothing. It was the last move the Maslas Bros could make to get their game realized. Games take a long time to do, especially one on this scale being made from the ground up and with the size of the team they have.

zachanscom 07-06-23 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ET2SN (Post 2874760)
..after waiting for only three years. :O:

At this point, I'll believe it when I see it. :yep:

not at all uncommon for small companies to spend even more than that to develop one game. i've seen games be in development for 8 years or more. considering the subject matter of this game and the depth and complexity involved, i'm genuinely astonished at their rate of progress. people need more perspective on game development. even star citizens with its huge team and multimillion dollar budget has been in development for a decade.

Grulla 08-29-23 11:04 PM

Anyone know what happened with the logs book? Too long without any news, I hope the project continues.

Aktungbby 08-29-23 11:12 PM

Welcome aboard!

Grulla!:Kaleun_Salute: finally surfaced after a 13 year 'silent run'!:up: