SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 ATO Mods (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   [REL] Knights of the Sea Depths II: Ace Edition (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=250525)

Niume 10-28-21 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan (Post 2776292)
On # 2., if not mistaken... in DW's... it is possible to request an air patrol out ahead... they may see enemies ahead of your transit path... or they may not.

The skill level of the (simulated air crew) is what makes it dependent on the report capabilities from such a flight.

Not sure is requesting an air strike is a capability, though... has been a bit, since I last went out on patrol in OM: DW's...

Hope this info helps... :shucks: :yep:

:Kaleun_Salute:

M. M.

The author of the "Wolfpack" mod believes this is unrealistic.

SnipersHunter 10-28-21 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niume (Post 2776295)
The author of the "Wolfpack" mod believes this is unrealistic.

I have to agree a Uboat commander wasnt able to simply direct airplanes at his disposal.

John Pancoast 10-28-21 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnipersHunter (Post 2776319)
I have to agree a Uboat commander wasnt able to simply direct airplanes at his disposal.

No, but BdU did at times, though not as often as they wished since Doenitz/Goering hated each other and the Condor crews were never very good at the job.
Sometimes a game/mod function can be used to represent something that occurred in reality, but isn't in the game. So the function is meant to represent something vs a literal interpretation.
I tend to think this function fits well into that catagory vs. representing the act of a u-boat commander doing it.

SnipersHunter 10-29-21 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Pancoast (Post 2776338)
No, but BdU did at times, though not as often as they wished since Doenitz/Goering hated each other and the Condor crews were never very good at the job.
Sometimes a game/mod function can be used to represent something that occurred in reality, but isn't in the game. So the function is meant to represent something vs a literal interpretation.
I tend to think this function fits well into that catagory vs. representing the act of a u-boat commander doing it.

You are right even though it would be nice to have it limited a bit. Dönitz touched that topic really nicely in his memoirs. There were a few instances of Condors and Uboats operating together but the position call outs of the Condors often proved to be unreliable as you already stated.

lederhosen 10-29-21 02:27 AM

download complete...danke

Niume 10-29-21 01:06 PM

Maybe in the future I will add it.

Kongo Otto 11-01-21 05:36 PM

KSD 1.1

Training mission Artillery school

When I take over the gun and fire at the target ship, everytime when the target ship explodes the game crashes, forcing me to hard restart my pc.

Niume 11-02-21 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kongo Otto (Post 2776781)
KSD 1.1

Training mission Artillery school

When I take over the gun and fire at the target ship, everytime when the target ship explodes the game crashes, forcing me to hard restart my pc.

Thank you.

Kongo Otto 11-02-21 08:50 AM

I just checked out the Torpedo shooting mission in the submarine school section and it's the same as with the deck gun mission there. The first torpedo hits the ship just fine and the ship starts flooding, but when I fired a second one the ships explodes and the game crashes again.

SnipersHunter 11-02-21 10:15 AM

The submarine school missions seem to have issues in general and should be revised. I recommend to avoid them for now.

Niume 11-02-21 10:36 AM

Will look into it. Perhaps I will recreate SH3 naval academy missions.

propbeanie 11-02-21 10:50 AM

Look at the ship Type= and Class= lines for mis-matches with the mod's Roster.

Kongo Otto 11-02-21 11:04 AM

Maybe it is important, the ship used in both the torpedo and the deckgun mission is a paddle steamer, I couldn't find that ship in the recognition manual tho.

SnipersHunter 11-02-21 01:32 PM

Yeah I am pretty sure that propbeanie is right. We will check it :Kaleun_Salute:

propbeanie 11-02-21 08:19 PM

Kongo Otto, if you had a previous mod activated, and did not clear your Save folder after activating the new mod, you can also end up with that situation.