SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   How do you edit the marker's text? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=109124)

CruiseTorpedo 03-25-07 11:47 PM

How do you edit the marker's text?

In the manual it says you can change the text on markers that you place on the map! I'd looove to do that, change them to say what the contact is or maybe what time it is for the ship at this point, etc etc.

Has anyone been able to do this?

-Pv- 03-25-07 11:56 PM

I cannot find reference to this "edit" feature in the manual. What page? Just like in SH3 they are automatically given incremented numbers. I don't think you can edit them.
-Pv-

fullmetaledges 03-26-07 01:50 AM

it's in there something about how you can change what the marker says

CruiseTorpedo 03-26-07 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Pv-
I cannot find reference to this "edit" feature in the manual. What page? Just like in SH3 they are automatically given incremented numbers. I don't think you can edit them.
-Pv-

it's on page 60 in bold text in your SH4 manual, doesnt say how just says you can

CruiseTorpedo 03-26-07 03:52 PM

bumping this in case there's anyone who knows how to do this

MONOLITH 03-26-07 04:18 PM

I'm looking for this too. Was trying to do it last night and couldn't find a way.

This is a huge feature that we were asking for during SH3 'wish list' time.

Now it's in the manual, but haven't figured it out in game yet.

fullmetaledges 03-26-07 06:02 PM

bump

CruiseTorpedo 03-26-07 09:15 PM

This must be one of the things that's either bugged or they didnt finish while making the game or else I would think someone had found a way by now to edit the text. Weird they list this option in the manual. Oh well, I was hoping it was just me.

Martijn017 04-03-07 11:17 AM

Marker Editing

Quote:

Originally Posted by CruiseTorpedo
In the manual it says you can change the text on markers that you place on the map! I'd looove to do that, change them to say what the contact is or maybe what time it is for the ship at this point, etc etc.

Has anyone been able to do this?

Someone found a solution jet ?!? :o :dead: :o

tedhealy 04-03-07 11:42 AM

Wait for patch is solution.

Werewolf13 04-03-07 03:07 PM

Along the same line:

You're supposed to be able to link a range circle (compass tool) to a unit and move with the unit or have it stay where you put it.

Can't link it to a unit even though the manual says you can.

Joe S 04-03-07 04:12 PM

In addition to being able to write text on the map, when we send radar or sonar range and bearing to TDC, a mark should automatically be placed on the map indicating the time of the recording. This would simulate the work of the fire control party in maintaining a manual plot. Joe S

Egan 04-03-07 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe S
In addition to being able to write text on the map, when we send radar or sonar range and bearing to TDC, a mark should automatically be placed on the map indicating the time of the recording. This would simulate the work of the fire control party in maintaining a manual plot. Joe S

That one I like! I enjoy running my own manual plots on the Nav map but this would certainly save a bit of time. :up:

-Pv- 04-03-07 07:34 PM

I've been looking for a way to do the linking feature also. Expect one of the patches will address it. Would be real nice to have.
-Pv-

simon1138 08-06-22 08:42 AM

bumperty bump