SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Jaromaz 02-23-15 08:12 AM

The startup screen (patch 4) is not appropriate. It's just a modification - not the full game.
IO_StrategicMap should be optional (in my opinion :) ).

adrians69 02-23-15 03:00 PM

Is there a 5:4 patch available for Large Optics at all?

Adrian

vdr1981 02-24-15 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaromaz (Post 2290410)
The startup screen (patch 4) is not appropriate. It's just a modification - not the full game.
IO_StrategicMap should be optional (in my opinion :) ).

If we know that stock SH5 is nothing more than piece of unusable and scrawled code where NOTHING works as it should, then mod compilation like this is more then "complete game"...And trust me, Subsim members mods included in this expansion have much, much more developing hours then SH5 it selves...And all for free...
Just take a look in few threads here, like Trevally's OHII thread or TDW new UI's/ generic patcher, IRAI, and you'll understand what I'm talking about.

Anyway, would something like this be more appropriate? :03:


kevinsue 02-24-15 07:44 PM

G'day Vecko,

I finally deleted my modded version after multiple CTD's on "Western Approaches" and started a new career using TWOS.

I set out on the first mission to Danzig, completed it and then sailed on and arrived at the Keil Bunker without a single glitch or CTD!!!!:yeah:

This is the first time I have actually got to Keil and docked since I installed SH5.

Normally after multiple CTD's and frustration, I change that patrol to completed in the .cfg file and start the next one at Wilhelmshaven.

So...after all this time, I now have a stable version to actually play the game and not spend the majority of my time trying to fix things and being angry and frustrated with it!

As far as the the above post:

Quote:

The startup screen (patch 4) is not appropriate. It's just a modification - not the full game.
IO_StrategicMap should be optional (in my opinion ).
You can name it after your Grandmother if you want as far as I'm concerned.

Yourself and all those talented people involved in modding and repairing this flawed program HAVE made it into a new game!!

So Thank You for all the work you have done putting TWOS together and for also being available on the forum to help those people that encounter difficulties or have questions etc.:up:

Best Regards....Kev*

Husksubsky 02-24-15 08:55 PM

I m an avrage middleaged man who enjoyed so much being a daring uboat captain...until time and time again the daring uboat captain was pulled out of action in a split second and was ...again the average man (in underwear) looking at a blue desktop with a square saying thank you for playing silent hunter 5:huh:. Maybe thats how bad a uboat captain feel when he hits a mine. I was in uboatcaptainhell.

Then Wolfes of steel came around. (sorry my inaoppropriate language:smug:)
Fully functional fully modded no CTD s ready to play in a fraction of the time I used from scratch before. (Interesting use of JSGME to ...mod mods btw..I hesitated a bit but ...brilliant)

Thank you!

Flit 02-24-15 10:31 PM

Awesome mod. Works a treat. The only thing holding back the wolves at the moment is my lack of skills.

Can anybody tell me if the stadimeter works in this mod with settings on hard or 100%? It was working when I had settings for the XO dialog box ("use the stadimeter"), but now that the dialog box has gone on hard settings - so has my stadimeter. Any other way I can use it?

Also, as much as I love the authentic looking recognition charts that come with the mod, I think the original would have been nice to have also, if only as an extra. Well, the truth is I couldn't recognise the boat i wanted on the authentic recognition chart. Are we able to bring up the original recognition book thing still? How?

Husksubsky 02-25-15 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flit (Post 2290933)
Awesome mod. Works a treat. The only thing holding back the wolves at the moment is my lack of skills.

Can anybody tell me if the stadimeter works in this mod with settings on hard or 100%? It was working when I had settings for the XO dialog box ("use the stadimeter"), but now that the dialog box has gone on hard settings - so has my stadimeter. Any other way I can use it?

Also, as much as I love the authentic looking recognition charts that come with the mod, I think the original would have been nice to have also, if only as an extra. Well, the truth is I couldn't recognise the boat i wanted on the authentic recognition chart. Are we able to bring up the original recognition book thing still? How?

I m sure theres a way , but I cant help you. Instead I just want to encourage you to use RAOFB and "suffer" not knowing. just use RAOFB for mast height and assume for example most escorts have 20 m and a med size freighter 30 for example. Even if you missjudge mastheight you still can determine approx speed and direction if you use some time between plottings. Thats more important than actual distance.
Needless to say there was no stadimiter in real. Nor could anyone recognize a ship by looking at the smoke . I couldnt help myself using recognition when it was there but Im glad its gone :up:

Flit 02-25-15 06:47 PM

RAOFB it is.

:)

kevinsue 02-25-15 07:45 PM

FOR INFO:

This mod is included in TWOS, but "RadCapTools v.0.2alpha" is a MUST have mod when using the RAOBF or Attack Disc in any setup.

It allows you to click and hold left mouse button to drag the moveable parts of these circular slide rule calculators instead of using the toggle switch and mouse wheel. It also allows you to move the periscope without having to switch between modes.

It is so much quicker and saves wearing out your finger as well as your mouse wheel!:D

P.S

Keyboard "E" should should bring up the User Charts selection dialogue box as well as the tab to drag the SOAN out......should stick out about halfway down the left side of your screen. If not, try having a look at your UI setup using TDW's Options File Viewer.

Husksubsky 02-26-15 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flit (Post 2291198)
RAOFB it is.

:)

hehe great. To be honest most times I get a good result of just multiple plottings of myself and target using hydrophone(not sonar) I never learned 4 bearings method though. if I see the target I use raofb to determine wether its its like 10 or 20 km away(if I see it at all). I use when its close to most to comfirm I have a good result. Maybe some are experts but use of only RAOFB to get AOB etc it needs to be so close I simply don t have time :o.Anyway there are so many ways to rome ..sound volume of target, the great help of guy saying wether its closing or moving away, wether it has med slow or high speed , he can track them less than 20 km, all info together gives you a good idea only after two plottings 6 mins apart by drawing lines on the map . you know it doesn t go 2 knots or 30 knots when its med speed etc. Timing them I do when they are close to confirm or maybe it has changed speed..again thinking a med freighter like 130 140 meters, escorts around 90 etc
Now I m at bottom of sea hoping repairs save me. I hammered a freighter with deckgun while an escort "sneaked"up on me. why didn t I torpedo the freighter? I tried but, changed my speedsetting after thinking it was an 80 m long ship when I saw it close..it was not...if it was heavy fog I would have hit it :D
Sorry all the semiofftopic babble I ll stop here. Good hunting
:salute:

Husksubsky 02-26-15 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinsue (Post 2291210)
FOR INFO:

This mod is included in TWOS, but "RadCapTools v.0.2alpha" is a MUST have mod when using the RAOBF or Attack Disc in any setup.

It allows you to click and hold left mouse button to drag the moveable parts of these circular slide rule calculators instead of using the toggle switch and mouse wheel. It also allows you to move the periscope without having to switch between modes.

It is so much quicker and saves wearing out your finger as well as your mouse wheel!:D

I can left click and drag all xpt the outer circle wich I never was able to drag even with that mod:hmm2::hmm2:

Husksubsky 02-26-15 07:25 PM

How many tons for baltic operation? I just get funny dates and zeros on my sinkings and tonnage bar is not moving. I thought that issue was solved. I saw Sober had a tonnage bar fix snapshot but im not eager about messing with the snapshot I got with the modpack. I dont care about the bar but I like to complete missions and get type c eventually.can I put my tonnage manually and get the benefits from it?I have 35 000 tons now I think baltic was less than that
:D

Flit 02-26-15 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Husksubsky (Post 2291288)
I can left click and drag all xpt the outer circle wich I never was able to drag even with that mod:hmm2::hmm2:

I don't think you are supposed to be able to move the outer ring. All calculations are reached by moving the middle ring only and by comparing readings between the outer middle vs the outer ring and the inner middle ring vs the inner ring. The construction of the 'zielkurswinkel' is made of two pieces and a groove has been machined into it to fit the middle ring, the second piece.

I think, lol. :)

Husksubsky 02-27-15 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flit (Post 2291602)
I don't think you are supposed to be able to move the outer ring. All calculations are reached by moving the middle ring only and by comparing readings between the outer middle vs the outer ring and the inner middle ring vs the inner ring. The construction of the 'zielkurswinkel' is made of two pieces and a groove has been machined into it to fit the middle ring, the second piece.

I think, lol. :)

oh dear I didn t know that. I just use it too look at it :)

Kumando 02-27-15 05:54 PM

If you guys like realism you shouldnt use the RAOFB because it was not used in ww2 uboats, it was used in pre war boats and on ww1 boats.


Source: http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtop...f=110&t=203334

As you can see below there was no RAOFB wheel in the scope in ww2 uboats:

http://s16.postimg.org/h767sv1h1/U_b...ime_Museum.jpg


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1995- 2023 Subsim®
"Subsim" is a registered trademark, all rights reserved.