SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Shaefer 11-19-16 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2447207)
I use the secure way (for me), for changes via OFEV: I do the changes, save the py file, then disengage all the mods with JSGME, and reenable the same mods in the same order.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

Thats what I did as well, except the disengaging and engaging stuff, maybe thats where I went wrong.
When i open the OFEV the changes are still there, only they don`t show up ingame.

It is weird, because I've done it before in the same way, but this time I can`t make it work. I will try to disable all mods, and enable them again.
I am in Kiel so it should not mess up stuff.

Have a good one.

fitzcarraldo 11-19-16 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaefer (Post 2447452)
Thats what I did as well, except the disengaging and engaging stuff, maybe thats where I went wrong.
When i open the OFEV the changes are still there, only they don`t show up ingame.

It is weird, because I've done it before in the same way, but this time I can`t make it work. I will try to disable all mods, and enable them again.
I am in Kiel so it should not mess up stuff.

Have a good one.

You need to do the changes in OFEV with the mods (all) engaged. Then, disengage and reengage the mods. Thatīs works.

There is an other way - explained by Vecko some posts ago - changing the route of folders of OFEV, but I prefer this more simple method.

Donīt forget to open OFEV.cfg and change the route of your installation (by default is "C:"), as with TDW Patcher when install the game.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

vdr1981 11-19-16 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2443706)
On a side note...Can anyone confirm water reflection flickering when looking at distant dat (imported) ships or is this only related to my system/drivers? :hmmm: Can be quite annoying when sunlight is strong...

I asked this sometime ago but never got any feedback? :hmm2:

fitzcarraldo 11-19-16 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2447555)
I asked this sometime ago but never got any feedback? :hmm2:

I use an special camera.cam file (only for 16:9), reducing the flickering textures in ships and reflections. The file is in some post in this same thread. Iīm searching it, but I canīt find it....:hmmm:

It was posted this year, july or august.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

Note: I can reupload the file, but I donīt remember the author and I need the authorization....Gap, maybe?

vdr1981 11-19-16 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2447563)

Note: I can reupload the file, but I donīt remember the author and I need the authorization....Gap, maybe?

I have no intention to sell it for money mate...:03: You can send it on PM if you like...

kevinsue 11-19-16 08:22 PM

Does anyone know which files are needed to put back the light halo on the dining table swinging light as it was in TheBeasts Room_QR1 Mod or better still, how to get the light bulb working? :06:

EDIT: And yes Vecko...I checked the fuse and it's not blown! :D

TheBeast 11-20-16 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinsue (Post 2447574)
Does anyone know which files are needed to put back the light halo on the dining table swinging light as it was in TheBeasts Room_QR1 Mod or better still, how to get the light bulb working? :06:

The RayTracedHalo I originally had there was done wrong so I took it out.
Was going to put short range wide angle Search Light there but haven't had time.
- Need to create a small cone 3D Object that fits inside the Lamp shade for Search Light effect. The light from lamp would look like actual swing lamp light.
There is no Lens on the swinging lamp, so you can not add controller like on the other lights or the entire swinging lamp(including wire) may light up.

vdr1981 11-20-16 01:26 PM

https://s21.postimg.org/b75w1x8g7/SH...0_18_52_23.jpg

Quote:

No. 03 [WIP]
- Updated Menu.txt battle stations level 2 tool tips.
- Updated FAQ and Tips pdf documentation.
- Fixed notorious CTD issues involved around German type II AI U-boat, visible in the musem again.
- Aditional AI type II 3D moddel and sensors tweaks.
- Added to campaign AI Type II sub, together with an appropriate campaign layer which will add Type II as static units in German ports and as active operational units in British coastal waters, Baltic and Black Sea areas within historical date span.
- Added Jace's Flower Class Corvette paint and equipment improvements.
- Merged Choum's UpgradePacks.upc tweaks and fixes.
- Fixed stock issue in FY campaign radioman's interaction script (kudos to The Beast).
- Few minor files/controllers fixes on several dat objects.
- Deamplified annoying radio room telemetry sound.
- Removed unnecessary files from the update.
Download TWoS 1.06_Update 03 [WIP/Testing] :up:

kevinsue 11-20-16 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBeast (Post 2447613)
The RayTracedHalo I originally had there was done wrong so I took it out.
Was going to put short range wide angle Search Light there but haven't had time.
- Need to create a small cone 3D Object that fits inside the Lamp shade for Search Light effect. The light from lamp would look like actual swing lamp light.
There is no Lens on the swinging lamp, so you can not add controller like on the other lights or the entire swinging lamp(including wire) may light up.

Hello TheBeast, can you tell me which files were altered to remove the dining table light halo? I have put back a few files such as "Room_Int_LampHalo.dat" and "int_halo_table.dds" but that hasn't worked. As I'm currently in the middle of a patrol, I haven't played around too much in case I break my install. Your plan about adding the short searchlight cone that has the beam moving back and forth across the table in motion with the swinging light would add so much ambiance to the dining room area. :yep: Although the original wasn't perfect, it was better than no illumination at all of the swinging dining room light.

EDIT: Got the halo back on the dining table light. :D Just replaced the Room_QR1_silentmichal.GR2 file with the original from TheBeast's Room_QR1 mod.

http://i68.tinypic.com/nl3igi.jpg

Torpedo 11-21-16 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinsue (Post 2447755)
Hello TheBeast, can you tell me which files were altered to remove the dining table light halo? I have put back a few files such as "Room_Int_LampHalo.dat" and "int_halo_table.dds" but that hasn't worked. As I'm currently in the middle of a patrol, I haven't played around too much in case I break my install. Your plan about adding the short searchlight cone that has the beam moving back and forth across the table in motion with the swinging light would add so much ambiance to the dining room area. :yep: Although the original wasn't perfect, it was better than no illumination at all of the swinging dining room light.

EDIT: Got the halo back on the dining table light. :D Just replaced the Room_QR1_silentmichal.GR2 file with the original from TheBeast's Room_QR1 mod.

http://i68.tinypic.com/nl3igi.jpg

Hi kevinsue!
I'm sorry but I did not understand if you want the halo from the lamp as seen in your picture or how in this image without halo:

http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/w...pspychft9b.jpg[/URL]

In my opinion the power of the light bulb is not sufficient to create a halo. Also the other lamps do not have halo and in normal conditions there isn't a lot of fog in the u boot.
Always in my opinion.

Torpedo

TheBeast 11-21-16 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinsue (Post 2447755)
Hello TheBeast, can you tell me which files were altered to remove the dining table light halo? I have put back a few files such as "Room_Int_LampHalo.dat" and "int_halo_table.dds" but that hasn't worked. As I'm currently in the middle of a patrol, I haven't played around too much in case I break my install. Your plan about adding the short searchlight cone that has the beam moving back and forth across the table in motion with the swinging light would add so much ambiance to the dining room area. :yep: Although the original wasn't perfect, it was better than no illumination at all of the swinging dining room light.

EDIT: Got the halo back on the dining table light. :D Just replaced the Room_QR1_silentmichal.GR2 file with the original from TheBeast's Room_QR1 mod.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torpedo (Post 2447780)
Hi kevinsue!
I'm sorry but I did not understand if you want the halo from the lamp as seen in your picture or how in this image without halo:

Torpedo

I took the Halo out before I uploaded last version to SubSim.
The Halo was not complete at that time as it was supposed to be Yellow for day and Blue for night.

Also, light switching from day to night was not in sync with game play as its time seemed to always be set to GMT time not GMT + or - depending on current Sub position. So Sub would go Red light but table light would stay Yellow for some time before switching to night light.

I was also having problems getting the Lamp Shade to block the light halo like is done in SHIII or SHIV because the entire swinging lamp is one 3D Object.

redline202 11-21-16 05:24 AM

Hi.
I have damaged rudder.. it's on 69%. i'v set it to repair but it doesn't repair it's always on 69%. I have asked the crew for faster repair but that doesn't help. Currently im on a rough sea..wind 15km/s...does that have any impact with repair times or is that a permanent damage to my rudder and cannot be repaired?

Cheers.

kevinsue 11-21-16 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torpedo (Post 2447780)
Hi kevinsue!
I'm sorry but I did not understand if you want the halo from the lamp as seen in your picture or how in this image without halo:
http://i68.tinypic.com/nl3igi.jpg
In my opinion the power of the light bulb is not sufficient to create a halo. Also the other lamps do not have halo and in normal conditions there isn't a lot of fog in the u boot.
Always in my opinion.

Torpedo

The screenshot has the halo...I figured that it was better than nothing. Looking forward to seeing a light bulb in the swinging dining room light. It would be fantastic to have the light beam moving back and forth over the table as the light moves. :D

Anton Beshenov 11-21-16 07:28 AM

Whether it is necessary to ustanalivat the The Wolves of Steel 1.06_Update 02 updating if The Wolves of Steel 1.06_Update 03 is downloaded?
Whether it is necessary to move the folder "3. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Real Navigation" from updating "...Update 03b" to folder MODS in main folder SH5 ??
http://image.prntscr.com/image/ac6ed...e83c214d1.jpeg

THEBERBSTER 11-21-16 08:18 AM

Hi AB
Disable the 02 update
Enable the 03 update.
Always look at the update instructions.
When you click on the update you will see the changes that have been made and it will tell you whether the update can be updated in patrol or only when docked in the bunker.
Peter


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Đ 1995- 2023 Subsim®
"Subsim" is a registered trademark, all rights reserved.