SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Roberbond 06-03-14 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdr13 (Post 2212751)
hi,
when I want to use raobf, there is a problem of distance. my screen resolution is 1920 1080 16:9. I tried to patch after 16:9 wide optical, after wolves of steel but not better
an idea or I can not use the raobf with this configuration? :06:

I have the same problem. I have the same resolution too.
I have tried to use the RAOBF but it is a total mess and it doesn´t work.

As you can see in this picture:
http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/...psaa9040f0.jpg

The ship was at 2050m but with RAOFB the measured was 1500. I followed the tutorials and i did everything ok.

Jester_UK 06-03-14 07:10 AM

Robberbond, what was the magnification setting for your scope in that screenie?

Looks like you were at 1.5x judging by the offset scale visible on the left. If so, you should be aligning the number 11 circled in your picture with the black mark at approx the 4 o'clock position, not with the mark at 12 o'clock..... You use that mark when the scope's magnification is set to 6x.

CaptDudu 06-03-14 12:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The strategic map button is all messed up, it shows up in the left corner of my screen , not like the pic bellow.

Is this supposed to be like this with this mod? If not, anyone got a fix?

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/12a...199b8s2o6g.jpg

Thanks in advance.

wombat778 06-03-14 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptDudu (Post 2213336)
The strategic map button is all messed up, it shows up in the left corner of my screen , not like the pic bellow.

Is this supposed to be like this with this mod? If not, anyone got a fix?

Apparently the disabling of that map is intentional, but it can be turned back on. See this post here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=604

CaptDudu 06-03-14 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wombat778 (Post 2213337)
Apparently the disabling of that map is intentional, but it can be turned back on. See this post here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=604

Thank you for the fast reply! Can you guide a bit more? where do I find this? What folder and file? i'm back to SH5 after years... loving all the mods specially this one, but only 2 issues, this mini-map and the targeting recognizing button missing from the gunner's options.. again, thanks for your reply!

bdr13 06-03-14 01:53 PM

hi captdudu

to enable tai map must go execute data / Aplications / OptionsFileEditorViewer see step6.
good hunt

Auto recognition is disable in this mod but try to edit the file
Silent Hunter 5 \ data \ Cfg \ commands.cfg (see end of post)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2165720)
[I]

All credits go to contributing authors of every individual mod!

Mods included in The Wolves of Steel 1.02:
Code:

Accurate German Flags
Das Boot Departure Theme
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2.2 Patch
gap - Real Diveplane Gauges v. 1
DynEnv v2.9 - 1. Main Mod
DynEnv v2.9 - 2. Main Mod Low Resolution Patch
DynEnv v2.9 - 4.a Camera Filters - Realistic Colors
DynEnv v2.9 - 5.a Ambient Settings - Darker Nights
DynEnv v2.9 - 12. Sounds
DynEnv v2.9 - No U-Mark
DynEnv v2.9 - Sobers Best Ever Tweaks - Wakes Fix
Water reflections intensity varied by available sunlight by TheDarkWraith
SH5_7A_Conning_Fix
Fix clock rear torpedo room VIIA
Fuel Gauge WoGaDi_SteelViking's Interior
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_byTheBeast
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1
#Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1_HotFix
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1 (available by date) V9 by sober
EUF_UBoat_FX_v0_0_3_ byTheBeast
FX_Update_0_0_22_ByTheDarkWraith
FX_Update_0_0_22_Torpedoes (modified for torpedoes failure patches)
FXU_0_0_22_No Starshells (.eqp Files)
FXU_0_0_22_Ship zon Files
FXU_0_0_22_Shells Explosions_No Debris
NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_v17_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_v17_Das_Boot_Crew_Mod_by_Illyustrator
NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_v17_New_radio_messages_German
NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_v17_AltAdvSpeedGraphics_by_naights
NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_v17_gap_Sextant_Mask_No_Eye_Reflection
NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_v17_RadCapTools_0_2_alpha
Disabled Unrealistic Commands_(ini files)_v1.0
HydrophoneFollowNearestContactFix_For_NewUIs_TDC_7_1_0_To_7_5_0
Large Optics for TDW UI for NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0
Large Optics for TDW UI 8 by 5
Large Optics for TDW UI Manos Scopes Glass Effects
Large Optics for TDW UI RAOBF + Nomograph Fix
TDC Graphics by Naights v1.0
Sjizzle's - Charts for NewUIs part1_07.06.2013
Sjizzle's - Charts for NewUIs part 2_07.06.2013
Sjizzle's - Charts for NewUIs part 3_24.06.2013
Sjizzle's - MarineQuadrat Charts for NewUIs v. 0.00.2
IRAI_0_0_41_ByTheDarkWraith
IRAI_0_0_41_Sensors Difficulty Settings (init.aix)
NOZAURIO'S SKIN (Standar No Emblem) v-1.0.0
R.E.M_by_Xrundel_TheBeast_1.2
R.E.M_by_Xrundel_TheBeast_1.2 - no hyd on surface - NewUIs-IRAI compatible
Cerberus62 Corrected Depth Charge Projector 1.0
OPEN HORIZONS II v2.5
OH II v2.5 Grid Request fix Patch SH5
MQK LocationMaps_IO
MQK ShapeTextures_NO
MQK Gradient_IO
IO_StrategicMap_7_5_0_for_TDWv750
SH5 External Cargo 1.0
Church's Compass Dials Mod v2.2 - Option Two
EQuaTool 01.01 by AvM - Large Style
Trevally Tutorial - All v0.2(for OHIIv1.3)
Trevally Automated Scripts v0.6
Trevally Harbour & Kiel Canal Pilot v3.1
Patrolsearch autoscriptsV04
MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Stock faces
MCCD_1.04_MFCM_1.2.1_compatible
Reworked Morale and Abilities v.1.1
Submarine's .sim&cfg (modified for engine ratio + independent control patches).7z
Real U-Boat Performance - Type VII v1.4
Reworked U-boat Guns (incomplete version)
gap - armaments & equipments patch v 0.2
Shells_zon
R.S.D. - Reworked Submarine Damage v5.7.1 by vdr1981_Main mod
R.S.D. & R.E.M. - GHG Hydrophone add-on (no hyd on surface)
R.S.D. - Less Accurate AI Gunners
R.S.D. v5.7.1 - German Patch
DBSM_Music_1_0_4
Speech fixes and additions (german version)
WHF-FUC_We Have Flooding-Flooding Under Control_Fix
Shadow Improvement ModLR
Small_trees_SH5_V1
sobers green crew training V4 SH5
sobers CrewAI mod SH5
sobers no footstep sound mod SH5 V2
sobers smoke screen V1 SH5 (DynEnv compatible)
SM_Flag_Wind_Patch
KDB+GHG Upgrade
My Fog & Underwater v0.1
My Waves v0.1.1
Vecko - Compatibility Patches and Tweaks 7_5_0
TDW_User Options _7_5_0_v17

*If you recognize your mod and from some reason you don't want your mod included in the Megamod please let me know and I'll react immediately!

Install notes:

Step 1:
Make clean install and patch the game to v1.2.0

Step 2:
Open Main.cfg file (my documents/SH5/data/cfg) and make following changes...
Code:

[TIME COMPRESSION]
; The first value is the default one, the second value is used when 'travel mode' is activated.
; The two values should be separated by a comma.
; If only one value is specified, that value is used for both default and travel mode.
TimeStop=0
RealTime=1
LandProximity=1,256
CriticalDamage=1,256
CrewEfficiency=128
AirEnemyDetected=1
SoundEffects=2
CharacterAnim=32
FriendDetected=1
EnemyDetected=1
RadioReport=256
Particles=32
PrayState=1
HunterState=1
3DRender=512
Maximum=512

and...
Code:

[DEVELOPING]
Modding=Yes
;MenuEditor=Yes
;DebugScripts=Yes

Step 3:
Start new campaign and exit the game. Open CareerHistory.cfg (my documents/SH5/data/cfg) and make following changes...
Code:

HasCompletedTutorial=true
Step 4:
Install The Wolves of Steel 1.02 and selected optional patches via JSGME in this order...
Code:

The Wolves of Steel 1.02
The Wolves of Steel 1.02_Patch_3
*The Wolves of Steel 1.02 - TDW Real Navigation
*The Wolves of Steel 1.02 - Realistic_Hydrophone_1_1

* - Optional patches
All about JSGME - Generic Mod Enabler

Step 5:
Properly activate TDW generic patcher and load "Snapshot 7_5_0_v17.gps" snapshot. The patcher is allready placed in the main game folder. (Skip this step if you use Steam version)
How to use TDW Generic Patcher.

Step 6:
Go to data/Aplications/OptionsFileEditorViewer and start OptionsFileEditorViewer.exe, set correct path for menu.txt (data/menu/menu.txt) and correct SH5 installation path. Click top "open" and browse data/scripts/menu for TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py. Make at least one change, just in case...Save

Step 7:
Start new campaign and choose "skip tutorial".

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2210840)
No, Auto. target recognition is disabled for realism purposes. I don't think it's realistic to identify the ship 20 km away just by clicking one button...Sinking enemy shipping is is already to easy...

Quote:

Originally Posted by wombat778 (Post 2211041)
I think I have an easier (although not perfect) solution. Try opening "Silent Hunter 5\data\Cfg\Commands.cfg", then search for "0x3F130002" in that file. Under that line, insert the following line:

Code:

Key0=0x49,Cs,"Shift+I"

After that, pressing Shift-I should identify the target.

CaptDudu 06-03-14 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdr13 (Post 2213349)
hi captdudu

to enable tai map must go execute data / Aplications / OptionsFileEditorViewer see step6.
good hunt

Auto recognition is disable in this mod but try to edit the file
Silent Hunter 5 \ data \ Cfg \ commands.cfg (see end of post)

Thank you!

Edit - I got it : ) Thanks a lot mate.

Edit 2 - Nope... after saving game and returning it is all messed up again.. maybe I should clean install game and do it all over again..

dutchelitex 06-03-14 03:49 PM

Hi all.

I've got the following (minor) problem with this mod: the yellow icon which marks the objective won't be displayed. Alltough it is displayed by a red X-mark on the map when you select your mission, it does not appear on the map after starting patrol.

I've looked in the options editor but I couldn't find anything related to this. Any help will be much appreciated.

dutchelitex 06-03-14 04:12 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosje (Post 2212592)
..-recognition manual: using space and x i can have the XO dialogue box for ID and TDC settings, there is a sort-of-ID-manual included in that dialogue box, but there is no loose ID manual. I do have lots of shipping posters in the optionbox (not sure what to call it, its activated with 'E')but all those ships on those posters look a lot like the many many different ships i know from SH4 Operation Monsun mod. I have not actually seen any of those ships ingame. Is this as designed? (trying to get used to manual targeting and double checking my calculations with contacts on map, its hard to get range, speed and AOB correct just from the scope)

When you press E, you get a window to the left, drag it onto your screen. It's a recognition-manual.
Attachment 1035

Quote:

-When surfacing, the default setting is that batteries are NOT recharged, I have to manually order the chief. Correct? (a huge improvement over auto-recharge without the option to turn that off, as in vanilla, I can't believe ubisoft's decisions in the vanilla game)

You can change this option in the optionsviewer. (data\Applications\OptionsFileEditorViewer\OptionsF ileEditorViewer.exe)
Look under tab Automatics. Turn automatically recharge batteries when surfacing to "true".
Attachment 1036

Quote:

-ran into 2 'neutral' convoys off the English East coast, only reason i know they were neutral is because of map updates which i still have turned on. none of the ships had any flags. is that a common glitch?

Had a similair occassion once, don't know more about it. Maybe someone else in this thread?

Roberbond 06-04-14 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester_UK (Post 2213242)
Robberbond, what was the magnification setting for your scope in that screenie?

Looks like you were at 1.5x judging by the offset scale visible on the left. If so, you should be aligning the number 11 circled in your picture with the black mark at approx the 4 o'clock position, not with the mark at 12 o'clock..... You use that mark when the scope's magnification is set to 6x.

the magnification was set to 6x of course. Did you try it?

Jester_UK 06-04-14 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roberbond (Post 2213509)
the magnification was set to 6x of course. Did you try it?

Yes I use RAOBF all the time and have no trouble getting accurate readings..... But I don't use this mega mod.

If your magnification was at 6x then do you know what scope mod is included in this mega mod? Does that mod have a patch to adjust to the screen resolution ratio you're running?

For example TDW's NewUI's mod ver 7.5.0 (the one I use) includes Mano's scope mod by default. However since I'm on a 16:9 monitor I need to seperately install mano's 16:9 patch. If such a patch is required and not installed you'll never get accurate readings.

Also where did you get the distance reading in the XO dialog box? If that came from the stadimeter, does this megamod include a fix for the bug in the stock game that causes the stadimeter to over-read?

Can't suggest anything else that might help, since as mentioned earlier I don't use this megamod myself. Hope you get it sorted.

telephono 06-05-14 09:59 AM

Finally...

I just wanted to express my thanks for this compilation. I always had trouble selecting the "right" mods and had trouble with their documentation and compatibility.

Thank you very much for this new motivation to play Silent Hunter 5.

Bosje 06-06-14 03:28 PM

dutchelitex
thanks, thats very helpful!!
but pressing E i get the mini menu on the right, but not the manual button on the left...

Vexxey 06-07-14 02:46 PM

Hello guys I have some questions regarding this mod pack. I have some experience in the vanilla game, and I just started to experiment with different mods for my game. This is the first mod pack I have installed.

Now I wounder how the minimap system works in this mod. Before, you would just bring up the minimap, which dosen't exist anymore? And then line your shots up.

Honestly, I haven't even gotten out of port yet. I found some map settings and enabled most of them, but I can't create waypoints for my submarine on the map. ninja edit: I managed to find the options for the map, and I can finally move my submarine!

Maybe this mod is just way too hardcore for me, or am I just missing some really simple stuff? I'm sorry if these questions seem really stupid to you, but for me it's really hard to work around

Also, are there any beginners tips I should stick to when it comes down to this mod pack? Please don't hate on me, I'm quite new to this modding scene.

//Thanks in advance, Vexxey

Bosje 06-07-14 05:15 PM

this is getting pretty cool, got offered a VIIb now and things are great. it all looks just stunning
:salute:

however, running a little test dive and my KDB hydrophone is destroyed at 120 meters...
really? I mean, really? Am I the only Kaleun here scratching his head?
after searching around I believe its the reworked damage mod. but i dont see anyone else commenting about this and asking how to take away this particular little feature.

my questions: Why? Is that actually how it was, historically?? and regardless of either, is there a way to disable this feature? :hmmm: