SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   I don't know what to do anymore. (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=257021)

J0313 05-10-24 06:37 PM

I don't know what to do anymore.

I cannot get any installations of SH3 to work. I have tried Fifi's NYGM, Onealex, Toyotas86, and LSH. I ran them as is with no added mods installed. Just the ones required for the megamod. I didn't even add any of the mods that came with the megamod's just the base installations and non of them will load a career. They will lode to the initial screen but that's. I have set up the exe properties the way they should be set up ie emulate win 7 checked, run as admin checked, disabled full screen optimzation checked and overide high DPI scaling behavior. The 4 gig patch is checked in the hsie patch. I'm using a nip file from someone here at subsim for invidia inspector. I don't know what else to check. Also I have 4 installations of SH4 and all of them run just fine. TMOBH, FOTRSU, KSDII and Fifi's Dark Waters. Can anyone please help me figure this out.

John Pancoast 05-11-24 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J0313 (Post 2911878)
I cannot get any installations of SH3 to work. I have tried Fifi's NYGM, Onealex, Toyotas86, and LSH. I ran them as is with no added mods installed. Just the ones required for the megamod. I didn't even add any of the mods that came with the megamod's just the base installations and non of them will load a career. They will lode to the initial screen but that's. I have set up the exe properties the way they should be set up ie emulate win 7 checked, run as admin checked, disabled full screen optimzation checked and overide high DPI scaling behavior. The 4 gig patch is checked in the hsie patch. I'm using a nip file from someone here at subsim for invidia inspector. I don't know what else to check. Also I have 4 installations of SH4 and all of them run just fine. TMOBH, FOTRSU, KSDII and Fifi's Dark Waters. Can anyone please help me figure this out.

Can you run stock SH3?

J0313 05-11-24 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J0313 (Post 2911878)

No sir I cannot. That ctd's loading a career as well.

John Pancoast 05-11-24 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J0313 (Post 2911928)
No sir I cannot. That ctd's loading a career as well.

Most likely a hardware issue then.

J0313 05-11-24 10:27 PM

I don't know what it could be especially since SH4 works just fine. I have never had trouble with SH3 before unless its something with windows10.

rik007 05-12-24 01:55 AM

Can you rename your sh3 folder (safe folder) under documents and try again?

J0313 05-12-24 03:17 AM

I don't know what you mean Rik.

John Pancoast 05-12-24 04:11 AM

Also, what is your install path for the game? If so, don't install it in Programs, etc. Install it seperately somewhere else.

If nothing else, try a re-install. SH3 works as it should on win10/11.

rik007 05-13-24 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J0313 (Post 2911956)
I don't know what you mean Rik.

This folder contains saves:

c:\users\<your username>\documents\Sh3

Rename sh3 and start again.