SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Red Storm Rising (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=199)
-   -   I am confused (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=94600)

Sub Sailor 06-16-06 08:59 AM

I am confused

I have been reading the post about Red Storm and down loading it.
I have it on my computer both the singles and the Campaign, in fact, I played the single "Barents Sea Loiter last night.
My question is, if it is not available why do I have it, and is Mr. Nicholas going to come kick my door down and confiscate my computer?:o
I have had it for some time, don't remember when I downloaded and not ever sure whether I got it from CDAC, Subgru, or SubSim.
I guess there must be a major difference between the US DW and the European game. Should I buy it or just stay with the one I have?

Thanks,

Ron Banks MMCM(SS), USN(SS)

Bill Nichols 06-16-06 09:27 AM

RSR campaign and my custom single-player missions were available at my site until Black Bean approached me to include them with their European release of DW as "added content". I then took them off my site as a courtesy, until the European release hit the stores and has had a chance to make some sales.

The RSR campaign and other missions will return to my site in the not-too-distant future. Until then, you are prohibited from playing my scenarios and I'll be sending the Black Bean SWAT after you if you do :lol:

(p.s. only very minor differences between what you have and what is on the European CD, as far as my missions are concerned. There are some brand-new missions and a very nice video about USS Nautilus :up: )

Sub Sailor 06-16-06 09:36 AM

Oh Yeah

Well I will just go back into the mountains and Fly Fish until this all blows over. I will not be taken alive!!! The Blackbean Swat does not stand a chance againist the Clearwater Mountain Boys, we are old but we are bad.:arrgh!:
Thanks for answering me so quickly Sir.
I am testing a scenario for SC that I will be sending you soon for the SC site.

Thanks again,

Ron Banks MMCM(SS), USN(Ret):D

Commander Ryan 04-14-07 09:33 AM

Red storm rising

Is there a problem with the european extras disk as the first mission on red storm rising isnt working or do i have ti plot a course as informed. if this is so could someone give me any hints how to plot a course on the surface vessal.
Thank you SONYLYSTS we arent all Friiging Seaman Come on give me a clue..........
Bilge out..............

Bill Nichols 04-14-07 12:26 PM

Download the latest version of Red Storm Rising campaign from my site. When Sonalysts issued version 1.04 of DW, they increased the draft of the frigate. I had to move the frigate's starting location in RSR mission 1 to deeper waters to keep it from being damaged right off the start.