SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 12-17-19 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excel4004 (Post 2640824)
What a christmas gift is this new update!! Wohoo! :D:o:yeah:

Thank you ALL for this great work!!! :salute:

@ Vecko please upload the file (create a link) for the icons-mod you posted in the past (instead the new faces-with-icons-mod). For me it looks so nice, i would love to use that one!! Thank you.

:subsim:

I think the mod in question is already there ...:yep:

Quote:

- Added three new optional addons - "Remove Map Plastic Cover", which will make various nav map elements much more visible, "Officer Icons as Stations", Captain America's alternative officer icons adopted for TWoS and "Env Settings - Brighter Nights", a gap's Dyn Env solution for nights being excessively dark for some users.
And excel4004, thank you very much for your donation mate! Merry Christmas and all the best to you and your family Sir! :salute::salute::salute:

boogieman335 12-19-19 03:41 AM

Thank you for this great update. In particular for the new weather effects. I am enjoying them very much. They are visually stunning, and now that I have discovered a version of Reshade that actually adds proper ENB effects this game is graphically modernized as well. Well Done!:Kaleun_Salute:

GrenSo 12-19-19 06:23 AM

This update is great and I have to say thx very much vdr1981. :Kaleun_Applaud:

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogieman335 (Post 2640991)
They are visually stunning, and now that I have discovered a version of Reshade that actually adds proper ENB effects this game is graphically modernized as well.

Which one do you mean or do you speak just about the Reshade you talk about in past here?

THEBERBSTER 12-19-19 06:27 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > GreenSo
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

boogieman335 12-19-19 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrenSo (Post 2640996)
This update is great and I have to say thx very much vdr1981. :Kaleun_Applaud:

Which one do you mean or do you speak just about the Reshade you talk about in past here?

If you look back on page 849 of this thread you will see the post I made about using the latest version of Reshade with SH5 TWoS. There is a link to download screenshots I made in game so you can see the effects. Older versions of sweet fx and reshade caused problems with the reading the text in the log file or radio messages,also some of the scope resoultions. The new version with the preset.ini I am using does not and gives me shadow blending, luma sharpen , color vibrancy, and smaa anti aliasing. There are links on the next page to my reshade preset .ini in the conversation I had with Fitz. I don't know if he solved his problem with launching with KSD or not. The screen shots also were made using my graphics mod for TwoS so it will give you some Idea of whats included in it as well. It is available In the SH5 downloads section, and works fine with TWoS as it only alters graphics and the internal HDR filter so it does not cause any problems with the mod. It also greatly improves the internal details of the boat in my opinion. ver 1.2 of the mod has crew uniforms in a separate folder so it can be used by those who use a different version of the mighty fine crew mod than comes included in TWoS. or the base game and some other mod pack. The uniforms In the pack are for use only with TWoS as it is now as that is what I use. I have no idea how they would look on another version of the mighty fine crew mod.

Wolfcat 12-19-19 11:08 PM

Hi, I just bought SH5 from steam. I realized that I cannot enter the game without recreating a UPlay account first. Would that cause me not be able to use TWoS mod? I am not sure what is Uplay version and what is not? Would linking my game to Uplay automatically turn it into a Uplay version?

boogieman335 12-20-19 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfcat (Post 2641098)
Hi, I just bought SH5 from steam. I realized that I cannot enter the game without recreating a UPlay account first. Would that cause me not be able to use TWoS mod? I am not sure what is Uplay version and what is not? Would linking my game to Uplay automatically turn it into a Uplay version?

The Steam version and Uplay versions are different. But you need it updated to version 1.20. Once you have it updated run the TWoS installer and be sure to run the Steam conversion. Then follow the directions for the rest of the install. When you launch the game after that do not launch it from steam. Either launch it directly from the SH5.exe or make a shortcut to it on your desktop and launch the game from there. This will cause it to bypass Steam because the conversion process sort of turns it into a CD version of the SH5.exe but if you launch it from steam then steam will be trying to update it. I use the Steam version and I actually don't even launch Steam to play this game after the conversion. It will still launch uplay but you can use it in offline mode.

GrenSo 12-20-19 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogieman335 (Post 2641053)
If you look back on page 849 of this thread you will see the post I made about using the latest version of Reshade with SH5 TWoS.

Ok, than it is this one you told in past and I already use. :Kaleun_Salute:

boogieman335 12-21-19 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrenSo (Post 2641113)
Ok, than it is this one you told in past and I already use. :Kaleun_Salute:

OK sorry for the confusion. They have updated the Reshade. exe since I made that post but my understanding is it is just fixes for use with the Vulkan API, so it won't affect use with SH5 which runs on the DX9 API.

Wolfcat 12-23-19 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogieman335 (Post 2641102)
The Steam version and Uplay versions are different. But you need it updated to version 1.20. Once you have it updated run the TWoS installer and be sure to run the Steam conversion. Then follow the directions for the rest of the install. When you launch the game after that do not launch it from steam. Either launch it directly from the SH5.exe or make a shortcut to it on your desktop and launch the game from there. This will cause it to bypass Steam because the conversion process sort of turns it into a CD version of the SH5.exe but if you launch it from steam then steam will be trying to update it. I use the Steam version and I actually don't even launch Steam to play this game after the conversion. It will still launch uplay but you can use it in offline mode.

Oh, I see. Thanks for the tips.

palmic 12-23-19 09:13 PM

Shonne Weinachten!

Merry Christmas to you all and especially to you Vecko! :salute:

https://i.etsystatic.com/18815367/r/...02646_dwud.jpg

wzartz 12-24-19 04:16 AM

Is it necessary to request a mission from port? I dont want to have negative ratings from starting a new patrol and dock again for the sake of new missions to pop up

vdr1981 12-24-19 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2641685)
Merry Christmas to you all and especially to you Vecko! :salute:

https://i.etsystatic.com/18815367/r/...02646_dwud.jpg

:salute::Kaleun_Salute::salute:

skin-nl 12-24-19 10:51 AM

Thanks for the update Vecko :up:

And i wish all of you Happy Holidays :salute:

Michael

fitzcarraldo 12-24-19 11:10 AM

Happy Holidays to all!

Fitzcarraldo :salute: