SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Captain_AJ 06-11-14 09:24 PM

questions.. stadimeter and Weps officer Dialouge Missing ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2215546)
Yes

Surely possible, but my photoshop or gimp skills are poor... On the other hand I never had any problems with 2 deg. scale.

Here's example...

Mast height for this tanker is 41m. You can see that measured angle is slightly above 8 degrees...
http://s6.postimg.org/vn2yyvsdt/SH5_...1_15_44_47.jpg

And here's the result...
http://s6.postimg.org/btqv66f01/SH5_...1_15_45_40.jpg

Approx. 2050m +-20m...Not bad...

been reading alotr about this mod and its great because the huge numbetrs of mod soups out there . However . Seems alot of pages in this post about what is and what isnt . I know principles of finding range etc , however my stadimear is not working or the dialouge from my weps officer is is not allowing me to change diaglouge within the weps box for adjusting speed , range with staidemader , or aOB .. Is this something that I should be changeing in Darks options editior? ( when you look at the picks VDr it appaears that your stadi is working along with the weps officers dialouge box .

How I have a the mods installed .. and fianlly comming back after a 2 year break ..

The wolves of steel 1.02

The wolves Of steel 1,02 patch 3

the wolves of steel TDW Real navigation

the wolves of steel realistic hydro phone

The Wolves Of Steel plotting tools fix

Also I was wondering if I can subsitute Mighty Fine crew With beards and not stock faces

Thanks

THEBERBSTER 06-12-14 05:01 AM

Also I was wondering if I can subsitute Mighty Fine crew With beards and not stock faces

Yes you can do that in game play, anytime, either way.

vdr1981 06-12-14 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2215782)

Yes you can do that in game play, anytime, either way.

Are you sure about that? Mighty Fine crew is overwritten by MCCD_1.04_MFCM_1.2.1_compatible. Installing Mighty Fine crew last will probably broke compatibility...:hmmm:

@kimuraijn
You don't need "plotting tools fix" anymore, check step 4 again and remove it...

Captain_AJ 06-12-14 10:01 PM

Question Again

I was at the hydro statio and noticed the 3 buttons below the bearing interface on left hand side . The farthest left i a button to set increased range . for the Hydro . It says use shift to increase range by x number use ctrl Shft to increase Range etc .. Now Iam still learning the uses of the mod and figuring out that you have to be a very skipper to not get as much information as you used to with other mod soups .. So I understand tracking range but It appears that My sonor guy is very lazy I have to ask many times for him to continue repeating bearings for me .. Now what is this ctrl -- shift command when using the hydro . I undrstand it increase range of the hydro but . iam not able to increase as it says in the pop up near the Hydro station , I often track ships just using the hydro and now Iam at a loss as to why My sonor gut is so lazy

I have looked for documentaion about this within the documents of the mod ,, nothing explains this , However I know TDw has had a hex editor with a why to change codes in the Sh5 exe to make the hydro more accurate , These are all tools within the sim to kill ships , need some clarifcation about this , Otherwise I started my first camapain in the med and re-learning how to use the tools to hunt - and stalk ships LOL ..

bandit484 06-13-14 12:49 AM

Game Resolution

Hi VDR, This will probably sound stupid but, is it possible to play with 16-9 Resolution instead of 8-5 ?:hmmm:

vdr1981 06-13-14 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bandit484 (Post 2215990)
Hi VDR, This will probably sound stupid but, is it possible to play with 16-9 Resolution instead of 8-5 ?:hmmm:

Not stupid at all...Sure, just enable large optics 16x9 resolution patch after the optional mods. Here's the link to the thread...http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=209462
Could you post for me few screenshoots of interface without 169x9 patch enabled?

Captain_AJ 06-13-14 08:01 AM

wo0oo hoo

Back in the saddle .. Ok !!! I messed up the install with adding the #4 fix and now I am all good .. I had to re-install the game again and repatch manuley .. but you learn from your mistakes and roll or sail on .. For those (KIDS) that understand the complications of of the sim ..Do me a favor .. READ ... SH5 Modded is a great game .. CTD are caused by in correct Mod Order and adding uncompatable .. Mods .. sometimes , If you love the game you have to experiment and troubleshoot and not blame the modders for your CTDS .. one incorrect file can "F" up your install and game .. So Now U 77 continueing the med .. I hope I dont die too soon .. LOL

vdr1981 06-13-14 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimuraijn (Post 2216074)
Back in the saddle .. Ok !!! I messed up the install with adding the #4 fix and now I am all good .. I had to re-install the game again and repatch manuley .. but you learn from your mistakes and roll or sail on .. For those (KIDS) that understand the complications of of the sim ..Do me a favor .. READ ... SH5 Modded is a great game .. CTD are caused by in correct Mod Order and adding uncompatable .. Mods .. sometimes , If you love the game you have to experiment and troubleshoot and not blame the modders for your CTDS .. one incorrect file can "F" up your install and game .. So Now U 77 continueing the med .. I hope I dont die too soon .. LOL

If you save and reload the game (with exiting to Win completely) approx 100-200km from the port at the beginning and at the and of every patrol (especially if your home port is FPS monster like Kiel) this will further reduce random CTD's at open seas when some AI unit enter sub's rendering area.
This trick is really important because SH5 has some kind of memory problem and this is the good way to bypass it...:yep:

vdr1981 06-13-14 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by World_Devastator (Post 2215361)
Dropbox.com? not sure..... I would be happy to host for you as a mirror download on my website

That would be really nice because media fire is completely screwed up!:up: What should I do?

World_Devastator 06-13-14 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2216092)
That would be really nice because media fire is completely screwed up!:up: What should I do?

Pm'd

THEBERBSTER 06-13-14 10:26 AM

From the readme

You can choose from stock or alternate heads.
Beards are provided for each option.
You can start out with beards or you can choose the no beards option to start your patrol and switch over to the beard option whenever you think appropriate.
I'd eventually like to make the beards 'grow' over time.
In the meantime, it's a manual process of swapping out one mod version for another.

Install only one version at a time.
1. MightyFine Crew Mod 1.1 Stock Head - Stock character heads
2. MightyFine Crew Mod 1.1 Alt Heads - Alternate character heads
3. MightyFine Crew Mod 1.1 Stock/Beards - Stock heads with beards
4. MightyFine Crew Mod 1.1 Alt/Beards - Alternate heads with beards

Save game compatible. You can change between versions at any time.

vdr1981 06-13-14 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2216109)
From the readme

You can choose from stock or alternate heads.
Beards are provided for each option.
You can start out with beards or you can choose the no beards option to start your patrol and switch over to the beard option whenever you think appropriate.
I'd eventually like to make the beards 'grow' over time.
In the meantime, it's a manual process of swapping out one mod version for another.

Install only one version at a time.
1. MightyFine Crew Mod 1.1 Stock Head - Stock character heads
2. MightyFine Crew Mod 1.1 Alt Heads - Alternate character heads
3. MightyFine Crew Mod 1.1 Stock/Beards - Stock heads with beards
4. MightyFine Crew Mod 1.1 Alt/Beards - Alternate heads with beards

Save game compatible. You can change between versions at any time.

This is true for unmodded SH5 + MightyFine Crew Mod 1.1.
In the modlist like this one things are bit more different and installing again MightyFine Crew Mod 1.1 after the main megamod would probably broke MCCD mod.

Captain_AJ 06-13-14 01:44 PM

[QUOTE=vdr1981;2216115]This is true for unmodded SH5 + MightyFine Crew Mod 1.1.
In the modlist like this one things are bit more different and installing again MightyFine Crew Mod 1.1 after the main megamod would probably broke MCCD mod.[/QUOTEI

I installed MCCD Mod With beards and your mod worked fine .. I never liked stock faces ..

vdr1981 06-13-14 01:49 PM

[QUOTE=kimuraijn;2216153]
Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2216115)
This is true for unmodded SH5 + MightyFine Crew Mod 1.1.
In the modlist like this one things are bit more different and installing again MightyFine Crew Mod 1.1 after the main megamod would probably broke MCCD mod.[/QUOTEI

I installed MCCD Mod With beards and your mod worked fine .. I never liked stock faces ...

You probably messed up MCCD "More Crew Commands by Dialog" now...:nope:

I guess your next post will be "why my dialog commands don't functioning?!"...

GUYS, DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES IF YOU YOU ARE NOT 100% SURE THAT YOU KNOW WHAT ARE YOU DOING!

bandit484 06-13-14 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2216028)
Not stupid at all...Sure, just enable large optics 16x9 resolution patch after the optional mods. Here's the link to the thread...http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=209462
Could you post for me few screenshoots of interface without 169x9 patch enabled?

Thank you for the link brother I will get right on it. As far as posting screen shots I don't know how to do that I'm sorry.:oops: PS., I looked at the thread and I already have the mod downloaded and unzipped into JSGME. Do I just enable it on top of your Megamod or do I have to take something out firstG.