SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

palmic 12-25-16 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skin-nl (Post 2453925)
I fully agree with you guys :up:
This mod is AWESOME!!!!!
Thanks Vecko (and other modders) for this great work and to keep the wolves of steel up to date :salute:

Michael

:salute: My favourite SH of all times :salute:

SH3 is great for me (i never tried grey wolves), but i would never ever play without real navigation.
And TWOS really made me looking for realistic torpedo targeting which i never tried before.. I was just using asistents as Lame before :)

I wanted the game would not reveal your position after loading game to make you able to exploit real navigation and such a minor things, but you can override it by your own honesty..
Maybe even environment in u-bote should be more factory-like, and we could have sub full of stocks and groceries at the beginning of voiage while rather empty at the end, but i found if it could be possible to have, it would be already done.

SH5 was so broken after release date, nobody really believed we could have fun with it.
Now i would say modders have done more goodies into it than developers did.
I just can to thank you to all of involved and wish happy christmas and Merry new year to you all! :Kaleun_Cheers:

vdr1981 12-26-16 05:36 PM

New campaign...:salute:

Siegfried Wagner. Personal File. 10/1/1939

http://il2cg.il2sturmovik.net/KSDSer...ptains/534.jpg
-------------------------------------------------------
Commanded: U-28(VIIA)
Current Location: 2ndFlotilla
Home Base: Memel, Kiel, Wilhelmshaven
Merit: 290
Raiting: 0
Sinking tonnage: 7,086
Sunk merchant ships : 2
Torpedoes launched: 5
Impact: 1
Missed: 4
Number of patrols: 2
Total time at sea: 4 days
Current status: is based on Wilhelmshaven
Difficulty level: 100 %
Last update: 12/26/2016 11:24:34 PM
Mods:
1. The Wolves of Steel 1.06
2. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Update 03b
3. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Real Navigation
4. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Encrypted BdU Orders
6. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - 8x5 Resolution Patch
No Rusted Exterior_Type VIIA_for TWoS 1.06
Original SV Interior QR1, QR2 Rooms v2_for TWoS 1.06
Zones.cfg_Reduced Ships Fires and Expl._Incr. Flooding via Zones_for TWoS 1.06

Sone7 12-26-16 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2453812)
I didn't like the prospect of duplicated and instantly sent radio messages that comes with New UIs commands. Check tips section on how to send radio report in v1.06...

Checked everywhere. Tips, download pages... nothing. So can I send status report other than through the officer interaction dialog option?

Aeromech84 12-26-16 08:05 PM

game freezes when placing navigation fix

Hey guys, I thought I'd try out TWOS after a long break from Silent Hunter. Looks really nice so far. I've been having an issue with my game freezing up in the navigation map though.

I have the real navigation options running so I can't see my boat location in real time. A good tool for this is to use the navigation fix marker right? That way you can have a marker with a time stamp on it. Well, sometimes when I place one of the navigation fix marks, it freezes my game up. It does freeze 100% of the time for me when I tell the navigator to report the last known position (the option on the far right on his reports), he marks a black dot so I place a fix there and it locks up on me when I overlap his and mine.. Other times it's just luck of the draw when I place fixes in random spots on the map.

Just wanted to see if you guys know of a solution to this or if there is a work around. I would really like to have a mark with time stamp for plotting purposes.

Thanks

rainiere 12-26-16 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aeromech84 (Post 2454404)
Hey guys, I thought I'd try out TWOS after a long break from Silent Hunter. Looks really nice so far. I've been having an issue with my game freezing up in the navigation map though.

I have the real navigation options running so I can't see my boat location in real time. A good tool for this is to use the navigation fix marker right? That way you can have a marker with a time stamp on it. Well, sometimes when I place one of the navigation fix marks, it freezes my game up. It does freeze 100% of the time for me when I tell the navigator to report the last known position (the option on the far right on his reports), he marks a black dot so I place a fix there and it locks up on me when I overlap his and mine.. Other times it's just luck of the draw when I place fixes in random spots on the map.

Just wanted to see if you guys know of a solution to this or if there is a work around. I would really like to have a mark with time stamp for plotting purposes.

Thanks

I sometimes experience the same game freeze when relocating a navigation fix. Hovering over a fix, pressing 'c' and clicking on the map at the desired location to place the fix will sometime result in a freeze. It seems related to your description.

My mod list: Main mod, Update 3a, Real Navigation, Wind & Smoke, 1.06 Deck Gun Friendly Waves, EQuaTools Large Compass. I tried without the latter as it is not a TWoS mod but that made no difference.

Aeromech84 12-26-16 09:27 PM

Mine is fresh too with no other mods but what was provided.
1. WOS 1.06
2. WOS 1.06 update 03b
3. WOS 1.06 real navigation
4. WOS 1.06 Encrypted BdU orders
5. WOS 1.06 Wind & Smoke

:06:

THEBERBSTER 12-27-16 06:08 AM

Hi rainere
Never experienced anything like that with TWOS.
Vecko will probably have a better idea of what is happening.
Ctrl + F8 will show your frame rate in the game.
Quote:

EQuaTools Large Compass.
Already in TWOS

Post #9 JSGME How To Export Your Mod List To A Subsim Post
Peter

vdr1981 12-27-16 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aeromech84 (Post 2454404)

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainiere (Post 2454408)
I sometimes experience the same game freeze when relocating a navigation fix. Hovering over a fix, pressing 'c' and clicking on the map at the desired location to place the fix will sometime result in a freeze. It seems related to your description.

My mod list: Main mod, Update 3a, Real Navigation, Wind & Smoke, 1.06 Deck Gun Friendly Waves, EQuaTools Large Compass. I tried without the latter as it is not a TWoS mod but that made no difference.

This wasn't reported until now and I have never had similar issues. Could be something driver/OS/hardware related but it's just a guess...:hmmm: Maybe you two should exchange few private messages in order to track down what do you have in common which can lead to this problem...:yep:

BTW, do you guys run your game with administration rights?

vdr1981 12-27-16 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sone7 (Post 2454397)
So can I send status report other than through the officer interaction dialog option?

No, you can't...

Aeromech84 12-27-16 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2454446)
BTW, do you guys run your game with administration rights?

:yeah: I think this is what my problem was. I ran as administrator and couldn't get it to freeze up at all. I'll set it in the launch options now to always run as admin.

Thank you sir:Kaleun_Cheers:

vdr1981 12-27-16 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aeromech84 (Post 2454461)
:yeah: I think this is what my problem was. I ran as administrator and couldn't get it to freeze up at all. I'll set it in the launch options now to always run as admin.

Excellent ! :yeah: One more useful info for FAQ and Tips section...:yep:

THEBERBSTER 12-27-16 11:30 AM

Hi Vecko
IIRC all SH versions seem to restrict the ram used to 2gb.
Would it be useful to use Large Address Aware (LAA) to patch both the SH5.exe and JSGME.exe.
This should allow any free system ram to be used in the game?
Peter

rainiere 12-27-16 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aeromech84 (Post 2454461)

Could it be that? That would be great! I run as a user with administrative rights and have also disabled User Account Control, but I will run as Administrator and report back. Thanks for suggesting!

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Sone7 12-27-16 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sone7 (Post 2454397)
send status report other than through the officer interaction dialog option?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2454448)
No, you can't...

Thanks. Did you consider leaving it as an option? In Wind&Smoke for example?
If not, could you just point where to look for that change? I might as well adjust it myself, for my own use.

vdr1981 12-27-16 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2454485)
Hi Vecko
IIRC all SH versions seem to restrict the ram used to 2gb.
Would it be useful to use Large Address Aware (LAA) to patch both the SH5.exe and JSGME.exe.
This should allow any free system ram to be used in the game?
Peter

As far as I can remember there was a talk on the forum that SH5 actually doesn't need any memory allocation fixes. I wouldn't recommend it...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sone7 (Post 2454531)
Thanks. Did you consider leaving it as an option? In Wind&Smoke for example?
If not, could you just point where to look for that change? I might as well adjust it myself, for my own use.

I'll upload ini file with original radio messages UI commands...

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/uuh...dditional_mods