SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [TEC] S3D suddenly stopped working..ugh (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=252468)

Bubblehead1980 04-20-22 07:17 AM

S3D suddenly stopped working..ugh

I was working with S3D when suddenly PC froze (cant recall this happening, very rare if it does). Booted back up, now S3D wont open, just get message that is S3D has stopped working...windows checking for solution, then nothing.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Rather aggravating, never had this issue before. Any ideas?

propbeanie 04-20-22 08:08 AM

Use Task Manager and see if it isn't still running in the background, stuck in perpetuity in the Task List. "Kill" the process, if it is. Try to run again. If it is NOT stuck there, then Windows might have "lost" what to do with the exe. Find your S3D.exe file (C:\Program Files (x86) \skwas \Silent 3Ditor folder), as well as the folder structure there. Try to start it directly from the S3D.exe file. Failing that, un-install the app again, and use a registry cleaner to remove "skwas" and "S3D" and "Silent 3Ditor" references, then re-install. I have had similar happen to me multiple times. Someone a while ago went directly to the issue... if I could only find that post... The main problem it seems, is that it is an older program, written to the WinXP paradigm...

Hah! it was from the swasjer himself! a summary of things you could look at

You might also look to see if maybe MS, in their infinite 'wisdom', did an update on your machine, and wiped-out the netFramework v2, or maybe DirectX v9.0c on your machine. If the game runs, DirectX is OK. To check the framework, you want to "Add/Remove Windows Components", and see if it is selected in the list.

Bubblehead1980 04-20-22 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2804740)
Use Task Manager and see if it isn't still running in the background, stuck in perpetuity in the Task List. "Kill" the process, if it is. Try to run again. If it is NOT stuck there, then Windows might have "lost" what to do with the exe. Find your S3D.exe file (C:\Program Files (x86) \skwas \Silent 3Ditor folder), as well as the folder structure there. Try to start it directly from the S3D.exe file. Failing that, un-install the app again, and use a registry cleaner to remove "skwas" and "S3D" and "Silent 3Ditor" references, then re-install. I have had similar happen to me multiple times. Someone a while ago went directly to the issue... if I could only find that post... The main problem it seems, is that it is an older program, written to the WinXP paradigm...

Hah! it was from the swasjer himself! a summary of things you could look at

You might also look to see if maybe MS, in their infinite 'wisdom', did an update on your machine, and wiped-out the netFramework v2, or maybe DirectX v9.0c on your machine. If the game runs, DirectX is OK. To check the framework, you want to "Add/Remove Windows Components", and see if it is selected in the list.

Looks like I need to edit it from the registry. Which program should I use to do this?

KaleunMarco 04-20-22 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 (Post 2804782)
Looks like I need to edit it from the registry. Which program should I use to do this?

regedit, from the Start button.
just press the Windows key and type r-e-g and it should pop.

Bubblehead1980 04-20-22 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaleunMarco (Post 2804807)
regedit, from the Start button.
just press the Windows key and type r-e-g and it should pop.

Thanks:Kaleun_Salute: Hey I sent you a message on discord as requested in regards to the key assignments for collision alarm.