SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Philbo 06-23-14 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2218632)
It seems to me Dropbox is the same crap like others file hosts...:nope: Looking for solution...

Try mediafire download again...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/6h...Steel_1.02.rar

Thanks!

First it told me "Permission denied".
But after 3-5 times the download started... :doh:

vdr1981 06-23-14 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philbo (Post 2218635)
Thanks!

First it told me "Permission denied".
But after 3-5 times the download started... :doh:

It happens sometimes...I suspect that some files from Das Boot Sound mod are to blame because of "Klaus Doldinger" message...Copy rights issues or something...

Jaystew 06-23-14 03:19 AM

Well I checked with the fools at dropbox they said if you hit the 20gb on a free account that is the daily bandwidth limit. The mega mod is almost a gig so only 20 downloads and its shut down for the day. :(

Anyway just thought I'd ask about a mirror host or something so it can be up all the time.

Thanks

Jaystew 06-23-14 03:22 AM

Ok its working now via mediafire. yay mediafire to the rescue. Thank you sir :)

rav007 06-23-14 04:35 PM

Load game problem

Hi guys i love the mod ,but i got a problem. My save games from yesterday doesent work, i got CTD all the time i load game. Funny thing is that this saves was working fine yesterday, but today it fail to load. You got any solution for this problem ?

vdr1981 06-24-14 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rav007 (Post 2218825)
Hi guys i love the mod ,but i got a problem. My save games from yesterday doesent work, i got CTD all the time i load game. Funny thing is that this saves was working fine yesterday, but today it fail to load. You got any solution for this problem ?

Not really... If you cant find working game save you'll probably have to restart your campaign.

Did you enable any other mod or patch 4 recently maybe?:hmmm:

Check out second post of the thread, you'll find few tips for stable game play there...

rav007 06-24-14 07:58 AM

save games

thx for your help ! i know what i have done wrong. after path 4 ive deleted all old save games, i think its the problem. what to do now ?

ps.really nice work with this mod :)

vdr1981 06-24-14 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rav007 (Post 2218966)
thx for your help ! i know what i have done wrong. after path 4 ive deleted all old save games, i think its the problem. what to do now ?

ps.really nice work with this mod :)

Use "Silentooto" cheat and select one of the campaigns... :yep:

rav007 06-24-14 08:35 AM

but save games will work ???

vdr1981 06-24-14 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rav007 (Post 2218973)
but save games will work ???

I don't understand you..Do you have old game saves or not? Did you install patch 4 in the port or at the sea with some AI units around you?

rav007 06-24-14 08:49 AM

ive played a game without a path 4, make some saves. but when i instal path 4 i delete all old saves. After path i started a new game. my savegames from this new game doesent work. i think its becouse of deleting old saves the new saves doesent work as you said in second post "Never overwrite old/previous game saves. Always make a new one..."

vdr1981 06-24-14 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2218972)
Use "Silentooto" cheat and select one of the campaigns... :yep:

I think this is the best solution...

vdr1981 06-24-14 10:36 AM

Small proof that is possible to sink shiping without minimap, map contact updates or auto.target recognition... :yep:

http://youtu.be/bROqWPlTldg

Jaystew 06-24-14 02:37 PM

Very nicely done.

I also wanted to thank you again for the mega mod. I completed my reinstall of Win 7 and SH5 did all the dancing and patching/building of the Mega mod that you put together. Had some issues with it loading, and removed redistributable and then turned off shadows and now it runs smooth as silk.

Captain_AJ 06-25-14 03:16 PM

Simplicty Of This Mod

VDR .. Is it Possible to add a speech reconition Mod to your current Mod . I once used DBSM Speech Mod and It worked wonderfully, When I orded a 120 heading it was spot on ,, Using Speech Reconnigtion ... now I have to correct with a hot key and mouse on the compass , It may take a few times but it its not exact and on cue , My eyes are not as good as they used to be , However I would Agree that keeping your Mod Simple Would be great . Is there if any suggestions Alias . The Idea of d/l a large group of files and having a 60+ mod soup is a royal pain in the Bottom . Is there a way that I can add speach recongnition to your mod ?
Thanks Again for your input

:yeah: