SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter III (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Tell us what you are upto in your current campaign (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=151090)

pickinthebanjo 04-13-10 11:21 PM

Attacking Gibraltar harbor :arrgh!:
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/6301/24292382.png
More pics to come

Paul Riley 04-14-10 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna (Post 1355238)

BE EVEN MORE AGGRESSIVE!!
http://www.territoriodelobos.com/_im...ves-n-prey.jpg

;)

Jimbuna 04-14-10 02:40 PM

Nope....doesn't quite cut it either :nope:

A real snarl :yep:

LOS!!

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/3...arlingwolf.jpg

Paul Riley 04-14-10 02:59 PM

Sorry jim,this fella will take some beating.
http://img.costumecraze.com/images/v...13BRN-main.jpg

:rotfl2::har:

Jimbuna 04-14-10 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Riley (Post 1359759)
Sorry jim,this fella will take some beating.
http://img.costumecraze.com/images/v...13BRN-main.jpg

:rotfl2::har:

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/2328/blahgc1.gif

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/3...enie9hyoj8.gif

pickinthebanjo 04-14-10 09:26 PM

04:11 Grid CG 96 Ship sunk! HMS Glasgow (Southampton class), 10725 tons. Crew: 821. Crew lost: 73

06:26 Grid CG 96 Ship sunk! HMS Sussex (London class), 13300 tons. Crew: 991. Crew lost: 227

06:40 Grid CG 96 Ship sunk! HMS Liverpool (Southampton class), 10725 tons. Crew: 1094. Crew lost: 21

07:45 Grid CG 96 Ship sunk! SS Asterion (Medium Cargo), 5091 tons. Cargo: Military Stores. Crew: 64. Crew lost: 19

And for my troubles I got demoted:nope:

Paul Riley 04-15-10 06:15 AM

I never DID quite understand jim,whats with the genie you sometimes use? ;)

gmuno 04-15-10 08:54 AM

Have to start a new campaign.
A large convoy was reported, i went to intercept it. Weather worsened (15 m/s, heavy fog) but my sonar guy reported them heading my way. So i decided to have a little surface hunt. I set my torps to varrying depths and prepared for contact. First ship spotted, a large tanker, fired and hit. Well that was a good start. Next ship spotted, the Nelson. Shame was, they had spotted me too...
U98 sunk at Nov. 28th 1941, about 300 miles north west of Ireland after suffering a heavy barrage at point blank range.

gazpode_l 04-15-10 09:32 AM

that's interesting that you have encountered the nelson north of ireland, because I had exactly the same, barely a year earlier, nov15th 1940. :rock:

gazpode_l 04-15-10 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gazpode_l (Post 1360609)
that's interesting that you have encountered the nelson north of ireland, because I had exactly the same, barely a year earlier, nov15th 1940. :rock:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Nelson_(28)
a page of info on the nelson herself

Jimbuna 04-15-10 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Riley (Post 1360465)
I never DID quite understand jim,whats with the genie you sometimes use? ;)

It can convey a variety of sentiments/comments such as 'at your command', 'as you wish', 'your welcome' etc.

Exakt 04-15-10 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna (Post 1360632)
It can convey a variety of sentiments/comments such as 'at your command', 'as you wish', 'your welcome' etc.

Could use this too...
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g55/VAC1012/cylon.gif

since all they said back then was "By your command".

or use the new ones, but they weren't very much talkative...
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g5...012/Cylon2.gif

KL-alfman 04-15-10 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmuno (Post 1360567)
Have to start a new campaign.
A large convoy was reported, i went to intercept it. Weather worsened (15 m/s, heavy fog) but my sonar guy reported them heading my way. So i decided to have a little surface hunt. I set my torps to varrying depths and prepared for contact. First ship spotted, a large tanker, fired and hit. Well that was a good start. Next ship spotted, the Nelson. Shame was, they had spotted me too...
U98 sunk at Nov. 28th 1941, about 300 miles north west of Ireland after suffering a heavy barrage at point blank range.

hmm, what a shame. :cry::wah:
only the good die young. :salute:

Paul Riley 04-15-10 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna (Post 1360632)
It can convey a variety of sentiments/comments such as 'at your command', 'as you wish', 'your welcome' etc.

Right,got it :salute:
http://teamsubmarine.files.wordpress...9/02/genie.jpg

frau kaleun 04-15-10 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Riley (Post 1360786)

This picture, on the other hand, is conveying a whole other range of sentiments, such as "OMG creepy," "someone forgot to take his meds this morning," and "I need to get a restraining order."

:O:

Paul Riley 04-15-10 12:50 PM

Actually he is the latest Kriegsmarine enlisting,Hitler liked his wonder weapons,here is his latest :yeah::haha:

Jimbuna 04-15-10 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Riley (Post 1360809)
Actually he is the latest Kriegsmarine enlisting,Hitler liked his wonder weapons,here is his latest :yeah::haha:


Here was me thinking you'd posted a self portrait :hmmm:

KL-alfman 04-15-10 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna (Post 1360929)
Here was me thinking you'd posted a self portrait :hmmm:


http://www.my-smileys.de/smileys3/lol-schild.gif

http://www.my-smileys.de/smileys3/n-km.gif

KL-alfman 04-15-10 07:00 PM

1944-02-23
U-292 (VIIC)
1.Flotilla (Brest)

for 7weeks U-292 is out in the south-western approaches to hunt and hide. 5-6 air-patrols a day are regular. so it was decided to only surface at dusk and dawn for about one and a half hour to recharge. travel was only submerged at 2knots.
twice a convoy-attack was launched but aborted because of way too many escorts nowadays. once the Bold3 could save our lives. but some loners could be sunk and tonight we got very lucky.
a huge task-force (3BBs, 2Cruisers and a handful of DDs) crossed our path. in fact, we just had to go to PD and wait. problem was, only 3aale left in bow, one of them a steamer. so only two electric were shot from a distance of 3,400m. both hit the Rodney! and stopped her. the DDs couldn't track us because of the great distance and their own speed of 17kn, so we were away around 5,000m.

2hours later U-292 came back to finish work:

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/6612/rodney1.jpg

after the hit she sank within 3minutes:

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/9248/rodney2q.jpg

she's a mighty fine ship, a pity to sink her.
but 36k tons!

we now will slowly head back to base. there's still one aal in stern

Paul Riley 04-16-10 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna (Post 1360929)
Here was me thinking you'd posted a self portrait :hmmm:

You must be kidding! :o:haha:
Just out of interest,I wonder if a laughing genie would make a good conning tower emblem? hmm.Not for me that is,but for yourself jim?,you like genies hehe.
Would it be pronounced "die laufen geist?"


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1995- 2022 Subsim®
"Subsim" is a registered trademark, all rights reserved.