SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Mehring1917 11-16-16 10:51 AM

Looks brilliant. Just reinstalled sh5 to try this and for the first time ever, I cannot update to 1.2.0.

The game isn't installed in C drive and cannot be. All the links I've found to the patch are broken or viral. Can anyone help please?

fitzcarraldo 11-16-16 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mehring1917 (Post 2446911)
Looks brilliant. Just reinstalled sh5 to try this and for the first time ever, I cannot update to 1.2.0.

The game isn't installed in C drive and cannot be. All the links I've found to the patch are broken or viral. Can anyone help please?

When installing go to "custom" installation and select another location for the game. Reset the PC, and after, install 1.2.

That works for me.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

Mehring1917 11-16-16 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2446937)
When installing go to "custom" installation and select another location for the game. Reset the PC, and after, install 1.2.

That works for me.

Not sure what you mean there. Reset= restart? If so it doesn't work for me.

I made a custom install on another drive and it doesn't update from gu or anywhere. I get this-

Trying to get update information to C:\Users\US\AppData\Local\Temp\ubiD93A.tmp.
File parsing unsuccessful.
Update service cannot continue.

xxxxx

It can't get update information from C drive as the game isn't there.

TheBeast 11-16-16 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mehring1917 (Post 2446943)
Not sure what you mean there. Reset= restart? If so it doesn't work for me.

I made a custom install on another drive and it doesn't update from gu or anywhere. I get this-

Trying to get update information to C:\Users\US\AppData\Local\Temp\ubiD93A.tmp.
File parsing unsuccessful.
Update service cannot continue.

xxxxx

It can't get update information from C drive as the game isn't there.

Something has your SH5.exe file locked.

Try rebooting the Operating System and run the ~\Silent Hunter 5\Support\GameUpdater\GU.exe again.

Or you can try opening a Command window (CMD) with Administrator access and run the unlock command. i.e. "unlock ~\Silent Hunter 5\SH5.exe"

~ == the rest of the install path for Silent hunter 5

Regards!
TheBeastBelow

THEBERBSTER 11-16-16 02:10 PM

After uninstalling run a free Registry Cleaner like Ccleaner and then re-boot your system before re-installing.
Peter

fitzcarraldo 11-16-16 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mehring1917 (Post 2446911)

I mean restart. Do you have the Steam version?

Do you have an independent exe file for the update 1.02? I have the update as an independent file, downloaded years ago from Ubi.

Or is it downloaded from Ubi when you try to install it?

Try also with and independent Uplay; download it from Ubi.

Uninstall all, clean all with CCleaner or Wise365, restart your PC, install SH5 1.0, restart, and try to install the update. If it works, restart, and start the game, go to new campaign, start it, when the film starts (you are sleeping), exit to main menu. Exit the game. And start to set TWoS as explained in post 1 and the videos.

https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/Faqs/0...-1364550360467

Good luck!

Mehring1917 11-17-16 05:46 AM

Thanks for your suggestions, all. It looks like it was simply the "wrong" drive for the game and maybe Windows 10 and the game directory not being in a Program Files(x86) folder had something to do with it. Whatever, in the end I robbed my D to expand the C drive and installed it there, all updated fine from gu file.

Thanks for the clear, concise, easy to follow mod install instructions, I'm really hopeful I can at last get some use out of SH5 and learn manual targeting without having to worry about corrupted installs and more.

vdr1981 11-17-16 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaefer (Post 2446869)
Hey guys.
Did something change in the 1.6 version regarding immersive HUD?
I did exactly the same thing with the OptionsFileEditorViewer as I did in version 1.5 of the mod.
But the HUD never goes away anymore. Just wanted to mention this incase there is a somethings wrong.

Edit: As a side note, I used THEBERBSTER`s guide on how to do it.

Have a nice one.

No mate, nothing special really...:hmmm:
Try to edit one tab at the time and then save and restart the OFEV...It has to work...:yep:

vdr1981 11-17-16 09:36 AM

OK, Update 02 is up bringing some important and very cool changes, so make sure to grab it...:yep:

vdr1981 11-17-16 12:29 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzphCIMui8s

kevinsue 11-17-16 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaefer (Post 2446869)
Hey guys.
Did something change in the 1.6 version regarding immersive HUD?
I did exactly the same thing with the OptionsFileEditorViewer as I did in version 1.5 of the mod.
But the HUD never goes away anymore. Just wanted to mention this incase there is a somethings wrong.

Edit: As a side note, I used THEBERBSTER`s guide on how to do it.

Have a nice one.

Hey Shaefer, when using the OFEV in TWoS, it defaults to modifying the TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py within the main TWoS mod that is in the MODS folder. Check out this post: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=6287

fitzcarraldo 11-17-16 07:12 PM

Many thanks Vecho for the new update! Downloading now.

Not needed a new campaign start, yes? I´m now near Malta hunting some Tommies.

Best regards.

fitzcarraldo 11-17-16 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinsue (Post 2447195)
Hey Shaefer, when using the OFEV in TWoS, it defaults to modifying the TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py within the main TWoS mod that is in the MODS folder. Check out this post: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=6287

I use the secure way (for me), for changes via OFEV: I do the changes, save the py file, then disengage all the mods with JSGME, and reenable the same mods in the same order.

Regards.

vdr1981 11-18-16 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2447205)
Many thanks Vecho for the new update! Downloading now.

Not needed a new campaign start, yes? I´m now near Malta hunting some Tommies.

Best regards.

No, not really...

fitzcarraldo 11-18-16 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2447258)
No, not really...

OK, many thanks!