SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Eternal Patrol (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=327)
-   -   RIP Sailor Steve (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=253473)

Larrywb57 09-04-22 03:34 PM

RIP Sailor Steve

kapuhy 09-04-22 04:23 PM

I'm very sorry to hear of Steve's passing away.

While we barely exchanged a few words here on Subsim, I have a lot to thank him for, as it was his post that inspired me to start working on a coastal ships mod (and to learn a lot about maritime history and 3d modeling in the process).

Rest in peace, Sailor Steve.

Armistead 09-04-22 09:39 PM

Subsim and Sailor Steve sort of go hand in hand. I banged heads with him as well back in the day, but it always worked out. I loved his raw wit and humor and believe I won a Subsim Award for my "Ask Sailor Steve" post that went on for quite awhile as he answered all the crazy questions members posed. The forum wasn't quite the same when he vanished due to health. He was and will be missed.

ReallyDedPoet 09-05-22 09:17 AM

Legend here at SUBSIM in every way. RIP.

Von Due 09-05-22 01:34 PM

Rest in peace, Sailor Steve. I never really knew you but I remember a friendly, helpful man who gave his time to answer a bunch of my questions.

Lucky Starr 09-06-22 01:54 AM

Fair winds and following seas.

RIP Sailor Steve

JU_88 09-06-22 02:39 AM

Thats tough, he was a good guy - a Subsim Legend has been lost :cry:

Rest Well Sailor Steve
:Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Salute:

Ardaeshir 09-06-22 12:53 PM

Sad news indeed. Rest in peace Steve.

As my people say: "Mourn the dead, but rejoice in the memories of a life well lived".

Bilge_Rat 09-06-22 01:06 PM

sad news. RIP Sailor Steve.

Red October1984 09-07-22 08:33 AM

Steve was a massive influence on a young Red October1984 several years ago whether he realized it at the time or not. I found Subsim and kind of dove headfirst even deeper into my hobby of simulation gaming.

Those of you that were around about ten years ago (holy ****, it's been eleven years since I joined :eek:) know that I was extremely active here. I spent nearly all of my spare time under the waves of the Atlantic in Silent Hunter 3, perusing sonar screens in Dangerous Waters, and almost as often dabbling into more serious flight simulators. When I wasn't doing that, I was de-stressing and hanging out on the forum.

Steve was one of the biggest positive influences here during that time and though we butted heads on occasion, we had some very productive and formative discussions behind the scenes. He helped me through several rough times in my life and I am glad to have known him. I was saddened by his continually declining medical situation and I was fortunate to be able to thank him for everything he did for me.

To a genuinely great guy, mainstay of the community, fellow brother in arms, and a friend. Cheers, brother.

:Kaleun_Cheers:

AVGWarhawk 09-07-22 11:52 AM

Very sad news indeed. Steve was a wonderful guy.

stoppro 09-08-22 05:34 PM

WOW I just found out ,bummer RIP steve.

THE_MASK 09-08-22 07:26 PM

Sad news:Kaleun_Salute:

fireftr18 09-08-22 07:45 PM

After signing back on from shore leave, I get the news that one of the better members had passed. Steve, you'll surely be missed. I honestly feel like I lost a good friend. Prayers for your family during this time. Good luck on your eternal patrol.
:Kaleun_Salute:

les green01 09-09-22 10:38 AM

rip sad news i remember our talks in pm and how i would get him fire up with my spelling and grammar when he got sick and wasn't on here much subsim didn't see the same without him