SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Subsim Events & Activities (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=236)
-   -   *** HMS Thanatus Game Thread *** (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=152007)

Silverraptor 05-21-09 04:01 PM

*Appears at Rescue Sub*

"Is there anything I can help with, sir?" *Salutes*

Task Force 05-21-09 04:03 PM

umm... Hey Oberon, anything silverraptor could do...

Raptor1 05-21-09 04:05 PM

*still sitting besides the hatch*

No, we don't, and even if we did, such things are entirely unpredictable and we will probably doom ourselves by resorting to it. No, this has to be fixed using traditional methods, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Task Force 05-21-09 04:06 PM

still standing next to raptor

Yes, and if we did use explosives, the way things have gone so far, the entire front of the sub will likely rip open.

There should be anouther rescue sub comeing in acouple of days.Hopefuly this time everything will go well.

mookiemookie 05-21-09 04:07 PM

*Mookie walks into the hatch where Oberon and Raptor are working*

Well it's no use. I've tried to get the pumps started to get some of this water out but everything is fried. We don't have replacement parts and so it looks like we're stuck with the flooding for the foreseeable future.

What's the deal with Letum? I heard they found....er...what's left of him. What happened?

Silverraptor 05-21-09 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Task Force (Post 1104911)
still standing next to raptor

Yes, and if we did use explosives, the way things have gone so far, the entire front of the sub will likely rip open.

There should be anouther rescue sub comeing in acouple of days.Hopefuly this time everything will go well.

"Wait, we have explosives?! Isn't that a bad idea? We already have flooded corriders, why take the risk?"

Oberon 05-21-09 04:09 PM

"I wasn't being serious about the C4, explosives and submarines lying in high pressure depths really don't mix. I think Nokia wasn't being serious too..."

*To himself*

"Or at least I hope he wasn't..."

*To Silverraptor*

"Ah Silverraptor, huh, you any relation to Raptor? Well, there's not a lot you guys can do, unless you happen to have any way of communicating with the surface."

Nisgeis 05-21-09 04:10 PM

"Ah Raptor, I couldn't help overhearing your previous remarks about a strange beast that layed waste to a village in Norway. As chance would have it, I have heard a very similar story from my grandmother. Apparently my Grandfather was onboard a submarine that pulled into a small coastal village in Norway that was beset by some sort of disease that corrupted the local populace and the disease then spread through the local garrison. My grandmother tells that there were multiple beasts though, not just the one. She also told me that my grandfather was a great hero at the time and was able to single handedly slay at least three of the beasts, before being lynched by the simple village folk in a tragic case of mistaken identify."

Silverraptor 05-21-09 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oberon (Post 1104919)
*To Silverraptor*

"Ah Silverraptor, huh, you any relation to Raptor? Well, there's not a lot you guys can do, unless you happen to have any way of communicating with the surface."

"No sir, no relation to Raptor that I know of."

Raptor1 05-21-09 04:11 PM

Let me clarify, we had explosives, but they were stored below, so it's moot.

*looks at MookieMookie*

One of the civilian scientists, Mr. UnderseaLcpl, I believe, was examining the...err...body, earlier, I tried asking him if he has something but he was too busy to answer, you could try asking him if you run into him.

*replies to Nisgeis*

Well, the captain did say there was more than one beast, but my grandfather was apparently slain by one of them ((Got confused, sorry)). That is, if the story is true...

Task Force 05-21-09 04:11 PM

Yes, considering the sea debth. we might be crushed under the pressure.

"looks towards mookiemookie"
Do you think the pumps are salvageable.

Oberon 05-21-09 04:11 PM

*Oberon climbs out of the hatch and shuts it*

"Mookie, you say the pumps are down...hmmm..."

*He opens up another hatch*

"In theory...we could, I guess, get the pumps out of this thing and put them to use on your boat...but then if the DSRV floods, it's screwed...plus, there's probably a hideously large size difference..."

Silverraptor 05-21-09 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raptor1 (Post 1104925)

*looks at MookieMookie*

One of the civilian scientists, Mr. UnderseaLcpl, I believe, was examining the...err...body, earlier, I tried asking him if he has something but he was too busy to answer, you could try asking him if you run into him.

"If I may accompany him sir, I would like to understand anything there is to know about what happened."

Raptor1 05-21-09 04:18 PM

Of course, sir, go ahead, if you can find him.

*tilts head down*

Oberon, the DSRV's pumps won't work here, the reactor compartment is enormous, bigger than anything yet. It won't be enough, plus, the water might be the only thing keeping the radiation away from us if the reactor is leaking.

Silverraptor 05-21-09 04:19 PM

"Thank you, sir"

*Salutes. Then runs off to look for UnderseaLcpl*