SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL] The Wolves of Steel v2.2 - ready for download (Steam v1.2.0 compatible) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=236598)

Mad Mardigan 02-10-21 07:04 PM

Re: Regars to installs of SH5 via steam...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhorse11ACR2003 (Post 2697386)
I've just gone through the installation of SH5 Megamod and checked off the PDF install guide...when using the Silent Hunter 5.exe I am able to play the game...but the Mod does not load, even with the megamod loaded in JGSME.

When reverting to the SH5.exe which the instructions provided from the link, I am receiving a series of DLL errors.

Attachment 3582Attachment 3583

Attachment 3584

Attachment 3585

Attachment 3586

It also pays to go into Ubisoft Connect & shut down being online with it... as well as shutting off its ability to autoupdate SH5 as well... if you have issues with doing that step, then shut off updating anything you have through them, as a scorched earth approach...

M. M.

:Kaleun_Salute:

Raptor82 03-05-21 07:35 PM

Seems to be running for me S' and thanks for this

Revus 04-09-21 11:52 AM

Quick question to all: Which version is the latest WoS, and is there anyway to check my current version. Its been a little bit since stalking the merchant lanes, and I dont want to corrupt my install(s)

skin-nl 04-10-21 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revus (Post 2741393)
Quick question to all: Which version is the latest WoS, and is there anyway to check my current version.

The latest version is 2.2.24. In the left upper corner of the main menu you can see your current version.

Revus 04-10-21 07:35 AM

Wow. Thanks for the help. Im behind the times with 2.17. New install and 2.24 download here we come.

Sandman_28054 06-23-21 09:47 AM

May 1944, Base: La Pallice, New sub: type VII 42.

Upgraded all weapons. Bought the snorkel. Grid square BF58(?), diving to avoid aircraft. Tell the engineer to "Raise Snorkel".

Does it not work on this boat?

Sandman_28054 06-25-21 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandman_28054 (Post 2754093)
May 1944, Base: La Pallice, New sub: type VII 42.

Upgraded all weapons. Bought the snorkel. Grid square BF58(?), diving to avoid aircraft. Tell the engineer to "Raise Snorkel".

Does it not work on this boat?

Excuse me, it is a type VIIC/41

Topp1967 07-01-21 01:20 PM

Getting TWOS to Work

Hi Fellow Skippers

I used to run SH5 with TWOS mod no problem a year or so ago however when I decided to resume my career the game would not load. I then went to starting from scratch with a fresh install of game and mod, the game without mod works but when I install the mod the game loads but upon leaving the base screen I get a CTD.

I have endeavoured to follow the TWOS instructions to the letter when I substitute the mod exe file after mod installation there is no exe file in my game directory and when I click on KSD Commander I get must be located in root folder message.

I'm kind of at my wits end so if any kind soul could perhaps point me in the right direction I would be most grateful. For info my version of the game was the DVD which I purchased pretty much upon release but Ubisoft Connect describes it as Gold Edition.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

les green01 07-01-21 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topp1967 (Post 2755611)
Hi Fellow Skippers

I used to run SH5 with TWOS mod no problem a year or so ago however when I decided to resume my career the game would not load. I then went to starting from scratch with a fresh install of game and mod, the game without mod works but when I install the mod the game loads but upon leaving the base screen I get a CTD.

I have endeavoured to follow the TWOS instructions to the letter when I substitute the mod exe file after mod installation there is no exe file in my game directory and when I click on KSD Commander I get must be located in root folder message.

I'm kind of at my wits end so if any kind soul could perhaps point me in the right direction I would be most grateful. For info my version of the game was the DVD which I purchased pretty much upon release but Ubisoft Connect describes it as Gold Edition.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

you said the game the dvd version i would try this let it replace the exe then try to reinstall TWoS might be a long shot but might work
http://www.mediafire.com/file/x48vge...5/sh5.zip/file

Topp1967 07-01-21 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by les green01 (Post 2755624)
you said the game the dvd version i would try this let it replace the exe then try to reinstall TWoS might be a long shot but might work

Thanks I'll give it a shot!

Viktor_Prien 07-02-21 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maillemaker (Post 2688561)
One thing I am noticing is that on 4K displays you cannot read the prompts.

https://i.imgur.com/3p9popSl.png

Steve

Easy to be solved. Right click on the program icon. Then select " Properties ". Then select the " Compatibility " tab. In the window that will open select the " Chamge high DPI settings " tab.
In the windows that will open put the check mark on " Override high DPI scaling behaviour. " and then from the cascade menu select " System " ( By default is set on " Application " instead ). Click " Ok/Aplly " and than restart the program. This works for any program that you may have difficulties reading the prompts/writings on a 4K monitor ( Win 10 only obviously )

Toniausmuc 08-14-21 04:03 PM

Installation Problem - Blue Screen

Hello Kaleun's!

I downloaded the 2.2 version of this mod.
I checked the 2.2mod.exe via Kaspersky. All clear.
I uninstalled SH5.
I deleted all SH5 files from the game.
I made a PC restart.
I connected with Ubisoft and downloaded the game.
I run the game once into the main menu and saw the current correct version.

Now the trouble starts:
When I double click as administrator or without on the 2.2.mod.exe,

I will get a blue screen crash after 1 minute of nothing happening.

Do I oversee something?
I never had a Blue Screen crash, but now twice.

Some dates of my PC:
Windows 7, 64 Bit, I run as administrator
i5 Intel 3.4 GHz

The thing is:
Once I had an earlier wolves of steel mod running, without problems.
So, after 3 years today I wanted to restart a campaign, but there my game was crashing, so I uninstalled all and downloaded the newest version of the mod.

Help is much appreciated, thanks :)

Aktungbby 08-14-21 05:36 PM

Toniausmuc!:Kaleun_Salute: after a long silent run!:up:

les green01 08-16-21 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toniausmuc (Post 2762959)
Hello Kaleun's!

I downloaded the 2.2 version of this mod.
I checked the 2.2mod.exe via Kaspersky. All clear.
I uninstalled SH5.
I deleted all SH5 files from the game.
I made a PC restart.
I connected with Ubisoft and downloaded the game.
I run the game once into the main menu and saw the current correct version.

Now the trouble starts:
When I double click as administrator or without on the 2.2.mod.exe,

I will get a blue screen crash after 1 minute of nothing happening.

Do I oversee something?
I never had a Blue Screen crash, but now twice.

Some dates of my PC:
Windows 7, 64 Bit, I run as administrator
i5 Intel 3.4 GHz

The thing is:
Once I had an earlier wolves of steel mod running, without problems.
So, after 3 years today I wanted to restart a campaign, but there my game was crashing, so I uninstalled all and downloaded the newest version of the mod.

Help is much appreciated, thanks :)

did you change the exe

milky 09-17-21 05:02 PM

Anyone have any idea how i increase UI Scale for a 4k screen? I have a 48inch monitor.