SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter III (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   What am I doing wrong with these mods? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=248827)

Halogen 03-14-21 12:05 AM

What am I doing wrong with these mods?

I'm simply trying to get any U-boat Skin mod to work with LSH3 and they just dont
Am I installing it wrong? Does LSH3 not allow those mods?

Mad Mardigan 03-14-21 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halogen (Post 2736046)
I'm simply trying to get any U-boat Skin mod to work with LSH3 and they just dont
Am I installing it wrong? Does LSH3 not allow those mods?

If it is Uboat compilation mods... they do NOT work with LSH3... that's what is up with them. None of it will... not even the skins.

M. M.

:Kaleun_Salute:

Halogen 03-14-21 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan (Post 2736062)
If it is Uboat compilation mods... they do NOT work with LSH3... that's what is up with them. None of it will... not even the skins.

M. M.

Wow this game is so ****ing ass when it comes to mods then
Wish I was good at modding so I'd just make a better version of the game myself for ****s sake

blackswan40 03-14-21 08:44 PM

Hi Halogen LSH2020 works fine and is stable with the Mods supplied but adding other mods for GWX ect your asking for lots of heartache but its early days with LSH2020.
The LSH2020 team are working on a new GUI in a new LSH2021 update and have other updates in the pipline LSH2022 but it will take time to update and lots of testing within the group and also with the third party testers thats how the LSH2020 team roll they will not release a update that is buggey or is unstable and causes ctd.
I have no timetable or release date for the update it will be done when its done
but in the meantime enjoy LSH2020 with the mods it came with and the mods you got working.

regards blackswan40 Andrew Oldfield LSH2020 Team Salute

Urmel 03-14-21 11:39 PM

Hi Halogen

I apologise for not getting back to you until now.

Full version "LSH3-Edition-2020" is a stand-alone supermod.

Many "old" mods (for GWX/WAC/CCOM) will NOT work for "LSH3-2020".

Many of the old mods would have to be re-adapted for "LSH3-2020".

The LSH3 team decides which mods we want - and which we don't.

We are now working on "Full Version Edition-2021".

Halogen, write here which "old" SH3 mods you would like to have for "LSH3-2021"!

Thanks and greetings
Urmel

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Halogen 03-17-21 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan (Post 2736062)

M. M.

Ok so get this, it actually does work apparently, but not all of them, all but one boat model works, and that one crashes the game lmao

Halogen 03-17-21 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urmel (Post 2736317)
Hi Halogen

I apologise for not getting back to you until now.

Full version "LSH3-Edition-2020" is a stand-alone supermod.

Many "old" mods (for GWX/WAC/CCOM) will NOT work for "LSH3-2020".

Many of the old mods would have to be re-adapted for "LSH3-2020".

The LSH3 team decides which mods we want - and which we don't.

We are now working on "Full Version Edition-2021".

Halogen, write here which "old" SH3 mods you would like to have for "LSH3-2021"!

Thanks and greetings
Urmel

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

The only ones that I'd honestly love is added Crash dive sounds instead of the stock voice lines, as well as the ability to mods boat 3d models easier

John Pancoast 03-18-21 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halogen (Post 2737135)
The only ones that I'd honestly love is added Crash dive sounds instead of the stock voice lines, as well as the ability to mods boat 3d models easier

1. Choose the crash dive sound file you want. Insert it into each one of the nine speech folders you're using found at path <game>/data/sound/speech. Preferably via a JSGME mod format.
2. S3D editor is used for that. Not sure where its available anywhere though anymore. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Halogen 03-18-21 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Pancoast (Post 2737203)
1. Choose the crash dive sound file you want. Insert it into each one of the nine speech folders you're using found at path <game>/data/sound/speech. Preferably via a JSGME mod format.
2. S3D editor is used for that. Not sure where its available anywhere though anymore. Maybe someone else can chime in.

I did attempt to insert them into the folders, but perhaps I did it wrong? I'll try it once more a different way

John Pancoast 03-18-21 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halogen (Post 2737301)
I did attempt to insert them into the folders, but perhaps I did it wrong? I'll try it once more a different way

It has to be the exact same name format as the stock one it is replacing.

Halogen 03-20-21 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Pancoast (Post 2737306)
It has to be the exact same name format as the stock one it is replacing.

Yep, I was doing them wrong was all