SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   War in the Pacific AAR Thread - ML vs JFranzen (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=249520)

Molon Labe 07-17-23 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ostfriese (Post 2876717)
Aren‘t you worried about your opponent watching your videos as well?

Yeah. My solution to that for now is to lag the rollout of the videos by 2 weeks worth of game time. I'm running at -6 days so far (we've finished 12/25).

Ostfriese 07-18-23 07:08 AM

OK, that makes sense.

Ostfriese 08-21-23 08:13 AM

Still watching your videos.

Over the past couple of videos I've noticed that your voice has become rather quiet, and I have to increase the volume to properly understand you. Today's video seems to be especially quiet. Would it be possible to increase the volume (micropohne?) a bit?

Molon Labe 08-23-23 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ostfriese (Post 2881552)
Still watching your videos.

Over the past couple of videos I've noticed that your voice has become rather quiet, and I have to increase the volume to properly understand you. Today's video seems to be especially quiet. Would it be possible to increase the volume (micropohne?) a bit?

Thanks for the feedback. I'll look into fixing the levels. It'll be a few videos before you notice the difference.

I'll give you a spoiler: my opponent has already ragequit, for real this time. 10 January is the last turn. I just finished 7 December with a new guy that's hopefully much more mature.

Ostfriese 08-23-23 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molon Labe (Post 2881950)
Thanks for the feedback. I'll look into fixing the levels. It'll be a few videos before you notice the difference.

I'll give you a spoiler: my opponent has already ragequit, for real this time. 10 January is the last turn. I just finished 7 December with a new guy that's hopefully much more mature.

Yikes, that must have been the shortest World War II ever :DWhat did you do, sink Hornet and Saratoga as well?

Molon Labe 08-24-23 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ostfriese (Post 2881986)
Yikes, that must have been the shortest World War II ever :DWhat did you do, sink Hornet and Saratoga as well?

Hornet isn't in theatre yet.
:Kaleun_Cheers:

Ostfriese 08-28-23 05:57 AM

So, that game is in the bags, and I'll be patient and wait for the next one.

One question, though: in both games both you and your opponent accumulated far higher ship losses in the early stages than in reality. Is that typical for WiTP?

Molon Labe 08-28-23 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ostfriese (Post 2882643)

One question, though: in both games both you and your opponent accumulated far higher ship losses in the early stages than in reality. Is that typical for WiTP?

Hmmmm. I'm not sure. Playing against the AI, yes. Playing against a human, I'd say it probably depends on how aggressive the Allied player is. I'm very much on the aggressive side, and my opponent surprised me a bit by being more aggressive than I thought he'd be, so I'm guessing our early attrition in both games was above average.

Molon Labe 09-10-23 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ostfriese (Post 2882643)

Revisiting this question.
I just compared 12/12 between both campaigns. 12/12 is significant in the new campaign because I just lost my first ship (excluding the minisubs at Pearl). In the last one I lost 11 ships on 12/12 alone and had lost at least that many prior to that.

Ostfriese 10-13-23 10:52 AM

Seems you have taken a break :)

Molon Labe 10-16-23 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ostfriese (Post 2888035)
Seems you have taken a break :)

Yeah, the pace we're playing the game at is just exceeding what I can also do videos on. I'm starting to think managing an AAR thread here was the right way to go. I fell behind a little on that from time to time but it wasn't so bad. And it's searchable!

Ostfriese 10-19-23 08:53 AM

SO, can wie expect a return to the written AARs? I'm looking forward to updates on your game :)