SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Muckenberg 03-13-21 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2735622)
Which French units would you like to see in Tulon and when? Date spans?

Good day
Thank you very much for your interest in this small game discrepancy.
If we take into account only the port of Toulon, there were ships of the "Forces of the High Sea". The fleet consisted of:
Battleships "Provence", "Ocean", "Concordet".
Battlecruisers "Strasbourg", "Dunkirk"
Heavy cruisers "Algeria", "Colbert", "Dupleix", "Foch".
Light cruisers "Jean de Vienne", "Marsellaise", "La Galissonieére".
There were also units of large, small destroyers and several submarines. I will not discuss these here.
There were also a large number of smaller warships (minesweepers, submarine fighters, etc.).
Some sources state that Dukerque-class ships are listed as battleships.
This composition is valid until November 1942, when the fleet self-sunk.
Then there is the question of what to do with other French colonial ports. Casablanca, Oran, Dakar, etc.
To the question of what date. In my opinion, the best date would be November 1942. There were certainly no major changes to French warships in ports. Although we must take into account that Dunkirk sailed to Toulon for the necessary repairs in February 1942.
I hope I helped a little. :Kaleun_Salute:

vdr1981 03-13-21 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muckenberg (Post 2735873)
Good day
If we take into account only the port of Toulon, there were ships of the "Forces of the High Sea". The fleet consisted of:
There were also units of large, small destroyers and several submarines. I will not discuss these here.
There were also a large number of smaller warships (minesweepers, submarine fighters, etc.).
Then there is the question of what to do with other French colonial ports. Casablanca, Oran, Dakar, etc.
To the question of what date. In my opinion, the best date would be November 1942. There were certainly no major changes to French warships in ports. Although we must take into account that Dunkirk sailed to Toulon for the necessary repairs in February 1942.

You are aware that we only have two french battleships(Bretagne and Strasbourg) and couple of destroyers in the game? Would it be sufficient to dock them in Toulon harbour until november 1942?

Muckenberg 03-13-21 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2735906)
You are aware that we only have two french battleships(Bretagne and Strasbourg) and couple of destroyers in the game? Would it be sufficient to dock them in Toulon harbour until november 1942?

Good day
Yes, I am aware of the ship restrictions that TWoS offers us. Yes, I think that your solution will be as close as possible to historical fidelity. Thank you very much for editing the game :)

gap 03-14-21 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muckenberg (Post 2735873)
Good day

Off the classes that the warships you have mentioned belonged to, only the Suffren class is missing from my collection of 3D models. The ones I have are:

Battleships: Bretagne class (Bretagne and Lorraine), Courbet class (Coubert), Danton-class (Turenne)
Battlecruisers: Dunkerque class (Dunkerque)
Heavy cruisers: Algérie
Light cruisers: La Galissonnière class (La Galissonnière)

Most of them are from World of Warhsips (not ripped but published by the 3D artist who modelled them). I doubt we will ever get a permission to use them in another game (evef if only a free mod), but for sure they will provide an excellent template for creating our own models.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2735906)

You could add the above ship classes to the game as "proxy copies" of similar ships that are already in game, and with the time we could replace them with proper models. If the same class name, unit type, etc. is used for the proxy units and for their proper replacement, no campaign file change / campaign restart would be required for swithcing from the ones to the others :yep:

U-190 03-14-21 09:10 AM

To be honest, I got confused about the TWOS threads on our forum.

TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_168_0 - what function does this patcher perform? What needs to be patched? :o

vdr1981 03-14-21 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by U-190 (Post 2736102)
To be honest, I got confused about the TWOS threads on our forum.

TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_168_0 - what function does this patcher perform? What needs to be patched? :o

In short, a LOT of essential game bug fixes and improvements on hardcore level. Without it, SH5 is still very much broken, despite the regular mods...

U-190 03-14-21 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2736134)
In short, a LOT of essential game bug fixes and improvements on hardcore level. Without it, SH5 is still very much broken, despite the regular mods...

Understood, thank you.
vdr1981 - You the Best of The Best! :up: :yeah: :subsim:

longdog499 03-14-21 07:07 PM

silentotto

Does the silentotto option work with The Wolves of Steel mod?

les green01 03-14-21 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longdog499 (Post 2736297)
Does the silentotto option work with The Wolves of Steel mod?

yes it does

longdog499 03-15-21 04:01 AM

Ok Thanks.

CaptJulius 03-15-21 08:33 AM

Is it me only that having Diesel Engines Animations stuck when longer into patrol , and most of the time fires raging on ships emmits no sounds :06:

gap 03-15-21 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptJulius (Post 2736390)
Is it me only that having Diesel Engines Animations stuck when longer into patrol , and most of the time fires raging on ships emmits no sounds :06:

Did you notice if that happens after minimizing the game while on patrol?

CaptJulius 03-15-21 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2736391)
Did you notice if that happens after minimizing the game while on patrol?

I know that minimizing SH5 breaks the game in many ways like sound etc.. but the engine animations stuck on me without minimizing.. gonna test more, Thanks.

gap 03-15-21 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptJulius (Post 2736437)
I know that minimizing SH5 breaks the game in many ways like sound etc.. but the engine animations stuck on me without minimizing.. gonna test more, Thanks.

Okay :up:

Theoatmeal2 03-16-21 12:26 PM

Do enemy submarines come up for air?

Just started this game, great mod from what little I know...
Anyway I spotted a polish submarine of the coast and gave chase, it dived. I`ve been using hydrophone to track it underwater (and `m somewhat afraid we`ll
collide at some point). The problem is I`m already out of batteries and check the surface every once in a while but the bastard doesn`t seem to ever surface.
Will it, ever? It`s been 1.5 days.

Any tips on dealing with subs would also be appreciated.

Thank you:)

Aktungbby 03-16-21 12:36 PM

Welcome aboard!

Throatmeal2!:Kaleun_Salute:

kapuhy 03-16-21 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theoatmeal2 (Post 2736734)
Just started this game, great mod from what little I know...
Anyway I spotted a polish submarine of the coast and gave chase, it dived. I`ve been using hydrophone to track it underwater (and `m somewhat afraid we`ll
collide at some point). The problem is I`m already out of batteries and check the surface every once in a while but the bastard doesn`t seem to ever surface.
Will it, ever? It`s been 1.5 days.

Any tips on dealing with subs would also be appreciated.

Thank you:)

Our Polish batteries are better than your German batteries! We can outlast you anytime!

Seriously though, I don't think battery level for AI subs is modeled in game.

Jeff-Groves 03-16-21 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapuhy (Post 2736745)
Seriously though, I don't think battery level for AI subs is modeled in game.

I agree. Although the sim file says it should only go 94 miles or so submerged.
BatteryConsume is not used by the AI Subs so It has unlimited range.
One could add that to the Scripts to see what happens.

One could also try setting the Diesel\Electric setting in the sim file to YES.

What is happening is that you are inside the Detection area.
Your to close. How far that area is? I don't know.

CaptJulius 03-17-21 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2736459)
Okay :up:

So i completed another patrol without minimizing game at all to be sure , and once again my diesel engine animations stuck mid patrol or sometimes they move a bit at certain camera angle and then stops again , cant figure out why that happens.. am i only one with this issue ?

vdr1981 03-17-21 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptJulius (Post 2736918)
So i completed another patrol without minimizing game at all to be sure , and once again my diesel engine animations stuck mid patrol or sometimes they move a bit at certain camera angle and then stops again , cant figure out why that happens.. am i only one with this issue ?

Never saw such glitch but I'll recheck what's going in my engine room on my next patrol...:yep: