SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

fitzcarraldo 01-01-19 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptJulius (Post 2583937)

I didn´t have luck with this....

When I apply the DynEnv High Visibility addon, the underwater seems Minecraft....a lot of cubic forms....buggy.

What is the procedure to use this? I tried to change only the parameters of TWoS underwater by those of stock and I don´t see any change.

BTW. I´m trying it with savegames from a campaign in course, not in base.

Many thanks for any help!

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

excel4004 01-01-19 03:56 PM

Quote:

Wow! :o I've realize this just now! Thank to all who have voted for TWoS and to all who haven't. Thanks ALL! :salute::subsim::salute:
Congrats Vecko, well deserved! Many thanks for all the great updates in 2018 which brought again the game to a new level.:salute::D:yeah:

Also a thank you to all other forum members who also took their spare time for bringing support here and new input and game reflections for future updates. Thank you all, you are the greatest! :up:

Happy New Year! :subsim:

gap 01-01-19 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2584224)
When I apply the DynEnv High Visibility addon, the underwater seems Minecraft....

:haha:

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2584224)
a lot of cubic forms....buggy.

Post #1 in the Dynamic Environment thread, second to last link in the 'patches, fixes & updates' section: DynEnv v2.9 - No Underwater Impurity Patch :03:

adrians69 01-02-19 05:00 AM

Congratulations Vecko for another year's award. Well deserved and thanks for this amazing megamod, almost a new sim in it's own right by now! :Kaleun_Salute:

Kavil 01-02-19 01:54 PM

Just Returned after a long time. Thanks for awesome work. Need to update my mod folder and stumbled upon your mega mod exe. Extremely good work. Thank you.:Kaleun_Salute:

fitzcarraldo 01-02-19 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2584308)
:haha:

Post #1 in the Dynamic Environment thread, second to last link in the 'patches, fixes & updates' section: DynEnv v2.9 - No Underwater Impurity Patch :03:

I solved it.

My problem isn´t the impurities. I love them.

Simply, I take the High Visibility addon from DynEnv, and delete all the files of the mod except the fog parameters (cfg). Working fine now.

BTW, another question: Is there some way to calm those screaming sailors in the boat?. When I´m submerged, silent running on, 1 knot. speed....ever don´t lack some badass sailor screaming some order: change of course, depth, etc. Is it not supposed to hear whispering voices in that condition? All my crew are a gang of histerical screamers!!! :Kaleun_Mad::Kaleun_Mad::Kaleun_Mad:

I use only TWoS sounds and voices. No voices mod added.

Best regards!

gap 01-02-19 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2584480)
I solved it...

Glad to hear that :up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2584480)
BTW, another question: Is there some way to calm those screaming sailors in the boat?. When I´m submerged, silent running on, 1 knot. speed....ever don´t lack some badass sailor screaming some order: change of course, depth, etc. Is it not supposed to hear whispering voices in that condition? All my crew are a gang of histerical screamers!!! :Kaleun_Mad::Kaleun_Mad::Kaleun_Mad:

:rotfl2:

For a start, have you tried checking if the whispered equivalents of the screamed orders are found in the speech folder? :hmm2:

fitzcarraldo 01-02-19 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2584501)
Glad to hear that :up:

:rotfl2:

For a start, have you tried checking if the whispered equivalents of the screamed orders are found in the speech folder? :hmm2:

I will check that, but I didn´t touch anything of the sound folder of TWoS, and I suppose the sound should be there....

Many thanks.

gap 01-02-19 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2584504)
I will check that, but I didn´t touch anything of the sound folder of TWoS, and I suppose the sound should be there....

Many thanks.

I am afraid that devs might have overseen some sound files, that's why I asked. I the sounds are there but not used, there should be a way to script them in game or to fix their (broken?) scripts. I once had a look in those scripts and, while not a piece of cake, they didn't look like rocket science either :)

fitzcarraldo 01-02-19 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2584506)
I am afraid that devs might have overseen some sound files, that's why I asked. I the sounds are there but not used, there should be a way to script them in game or to fix their (broken?) scripts. I once had a look in those scripts and, while not a piece of cake, they didn't look like rocket science either :)

The folders "whisper" have voices, not screaming, but also not whispering....

In SH3, Thomsen Sound Pack mod, you have real whispering voices for a silent running.

Regards.

fitzcarraldo 01-03-19 10:43 AM

Existential question:

Are the sounds in SH5 related only to Sh.sdl or also are related to the scripts of the characters?

The Stormy´s mod DBSM have whispering voices. The mod uses his own Sh.sdl and scripts for the characters (all changed for more young crewmen).

I think the sounds of Stormy´s are compatible with TWoS, but the Sh.sdl file and the scripts, not.

Stormy´s DBSM without the scripts and conserving the Sh.sdl file from TWoS is useless for me.

Regards.

CWorth 01-03-19 12:53 PM

Been a long time since I was here on this forum.

Just got back into the Silent Hunter games and was wondering how I would go about removing the underwater fog this mod uses.

I know it is realistic but I like to take screenshots and having the stock underwater look would be great or a greatly decreased fog.

fitzcarraldo 01-03-19 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CWorth (Post 2584582)
Been a long time since I was here on this forum.

Just got back into the Silent Hunter games and was wondering how I would go about removing the underwater fog this mod uses.

I know it is realistic but I like to take screenshots and having the stock underwater look would be great or a greatly decreased fog.

See post #11569

tactikalwarfare 01-03-19 01:12 PM

new to sh5 twos mod

hi all.. i am new to playing twos mod. Im trying to find out how or if there is a way to have a chase camera for the exterior of the boat? thanks dave

Fifi 01-03-19 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tactikalwarfare (Post 2584586)
hi all.. i am new to playing twos mod. Im trying to find out how or if there is a way to have a chase camera for the exterior of the boat? thanks dave

Yes, mousing over middle top screen, you’ll see icons for that.