SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

fitzcarraldo 12-17-18 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2581947)
:hmmm: didn’t noticed it

Yes there is a bug with destroyed marks from very long time now.
You will see that they are all in south Atlantic near west African coast.
My turn over is to copy paste every destroyed mark coordinates (in document/SH5/data/Cfg/savegame/destroyedunits) in a bloc note page, and then before launching game copy paste them in last SH5 save.
Just because game save corrupt each kill coordinate (1.000000 instead of real coordinates)
I have to take care of the capt log bug too (also in save game) and restore the date of the sinking so it could work (otherwise it say 0000.00.00)

A bit tricky but it works :yep:

Not only coordinates: there is an old bug with time of destroyed marks. You are playing in 1940 and see ships sunk in 1943...

I deactivate destroyed marks in the map with each game load (upper right buttons in the map view). I can live without them.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

pokara 12-17-18 11:15 AM

ill try it anyway thanks for the tip ^^
about TC i use to setup to 128, just a little up. so in ofv go to 'time compression'. the first value is "tc level at which the tcx on constant distant...."
change 128 to 256. save it. now you can go up to 128 while ships close to you. there is still a 64 near to land you know..

pokara 12-17-18 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2581966)
I deactivate destroyed marks in the map with each game load (upper right buttons in the map view). I can live without them.

or you can use the two vanilla dds files and overwrite twos files.(AirDestroyed.dds,ShipDestroyed.dds in data\Menu\Gui\Units).
so, when twos is not showing destroyedmarks, the engine it always show the vanilla mark, better than nothing.
when twos is working and showing, youll see the 2 marks on the same position. thats what im doing now, at least i have a mark when its not working

fitzcarraldo 12-17-18 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokara (Post 2581970)
or you can use the two vanilla dds files and overwrite twos files.(AirDestroyed.dds,ShipDestroyed.dds in data\Menu\Gui\Units).
so, when twos is not showing destroyedmarks, the engine it always show the vanilla mark, better than nothing.
when twos is working and showing, youll see the 2 marks on the same position. thats what im doing now, at least i have a mark when its not working

Interesting. Many thanks!

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

Fifi 12-17-18 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokara (Post 2581970)

Doesn’t work at all here...
I keep my method :03:

pokara 12-17-18 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2581983)
Doesn’t work at all here...
I keep my method :03:

mm strange, it does for me.. just be sure you dont have "blank-white-null-image" when you open and look the dds file.. if you see the mark on the file (i can see it on thumbs explorer), its oks and it should appear always on the map.. (assuming you have all the other stuff oks, like 'show destroyed marks' activated on foev, etc)

Zinmar 12-19-18 09:54 PM

This is a sad question but what key allows the camera to track a target in the exterior view? I want to hop into the exterior and watch my boat sail along. I thought there was a way to do it but when using F1 and looking at key commands I can't find it listed.

Fifi 12-20-18 02:52 AM

I don’t think there is a key for that, but mousing over top screen you’ll see buttons that allows to go external and switch targets view around you.
First view is your sub from external.

Fifi 12-20-18 10:54 AM

Am i alone with this problem: Beno (sound man) has everything maxed out (full boxes checked) and he can’t hear a ship close/medium range?? :doh:
Is he drunk or something?
It’s not the first time i noticed this...periscope depth or even 80m depth!
I have both hydro systems.
Any hint?

DieSauergurke 12-21-18 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieSauergurke (Post 2581615)
Hello and thanks for this great mod.

Just a small question:
Is there a way to remove the annoying "closing tube x" sound files that are played when you switch to another tube?
They can get pretty annoying if you just want to set up all the torpedos.

Already tried to remove the corresponding sound files in "Silent Hunter 5\data\Sound\Speech\TorpedoMan", but unfortunately nothing changed.

Thanks in advance.

Found a solution for the issue if anyone is interested.

You have to edit the following file:
Silent Hunter 5\data\Cfg\Message_WE.cfg

There you have to set Param0-2 to 0 like this:
Code:

[Msg7]
MsgId=7
Priority=2
Timeout=30
Param0=0
MsgOgg0_0=MC_CR_SO_43;Flooding tube
MsgOgg0_1=MC_CR_SO_44;Closing tube
Param1=0
MsgOgg1_0=0;Number
Param2=0
MsgOgg2_0=MC_CR_SO_43B;english - nothing / german - <something>
MsgOgg2_1=MC_CR_SO_44B;english - nothing / german - wird geschlossen

Furthermore you can also get rid of the other annoying soundfiles (magnetic/impact pistol, salvo/single shot) played while setting up your torpedoes.
You have to delete the Sound_* entries below [Cmd326] and [Cmd329] in the file Commands.cfg inside the same folder as Message_WE.cfg.

See below:
Code:

[Cmd326]
Name=Set_salvo_mode
Contexts=1

[Cmd327]
Name=Set_torpedo_depth
Contexts=1

[Cmd328]
Name=Set_torpedo_speed
Contexts=1

[Cmd329]
Name=Set_torpedo_pistol
Contexts=1

jorca2 12-22-18 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieSauergurke (Post 2582581)
Found a solution for the issue if anyone is interested.

You have to edit the following file:
Silent Hunter 5\data\Cfg\Message_WE.cfg

There you have to set Param0-2 to 0 like this:
Code:

[Msg7]
MsgId=7
Priority=2
Timeout=30
Param0=0
MsgOgg0_0=MC_CR_SO_43;Flooding tube
MsgOgg0_1=MC_CR_SO_44;Closing tube
Param1=0
MsgOgg1_0=0;Number
Param2=0
MsgOgg2_0=MC_CR_SO_43B;english - nothing / german - <something>
MsgOgg2_1=MC_CR_SO_44B;english - nothing / german - wird geschlossen

Furthermore you can also get rid of the other annoying soundfiles (magnetic/impact pistol, salvo/single shot) played while setting up your torpedoes.
You have to delete the Sound_* entries below [Cmd326] and [Cmd329] in the file Commands.cfg inside the same folder as Message_WE.cfg.

See below:
Code:

[Cmd326]
Name=Set_salvo_mode
Contexts=1

[Cmd327]
Name=Set_torpedo_depth
Contexts=1

[Cmd328]
Name=Set_torpedo_speed
Contexts=1

[Cmd329]
Name=Set_torpedo_pistol
Contexts=1

Ok, thanks. It´s works!!!!:Kaleun_Cheers:

Fifi 12-22-18 12:50 PM

Good find! :up:

Hoping Vecko could implement it for next update...

Para92 12-24-18 07:07 PM

good job thanks. Merry Christmas

Aktungbby 12-24-18 11:06 PM

welcome aboard!

Para92!:Kaleun_Salute:

gap 12-25-18 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Para92 (Post 2583047)
good job thanks. Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas and welcome to our community Para92 :salute: