SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Cyborg322 08-30-17 10:10 AM

WOS Bugs Glitches

Dear Vecko

Game not stable with update 2.07 as previously reported note that you have temporary solution ( hopefully ! ) . I also noticed a missing texture on 1 off the non intractable crew members in the control room I've not noticed before (optional warmer weather clothes) No big deal obviously and may be just local to me
I experienced the thing with the old "tilt" bug that was not there with previous update it seemed to fix itself by using the Icon commands at the bottom of the screen but I not 100% percent sure and possibly inadvertently aided CTD

Apologies if this is not appropriate place to mention this please redirect me if so ( I get lost sometimes try to follow links )

Best regards, Simon

Windows 10
Intel i5 3570k 4.4GHz
Nividea GTX 980ti driver version 382.05

THEBERBSTER 08-30-17 10:55 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community >CVeezy23 & crazeek
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community

crazeek 08-30-17 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CVeezy23 (Post 2509576)
Crazeek: Try pressing 'e' to show all of the charts; then look to the left of your screen. It's hidden, but you'll see a brown edge and you can pull it out to see the ship identification book you're referring to.

Thanks a ton!

vdr1981 08-30-17 04:03 PM

Due to recent findings I decided to remove archer9's extended dialog mod until I learn more about the problem with crew interaction dialog scripts which can cause occasional game crash in certain situations.
This of course won't actually fix the mentioned problem but also it won't provoke it neither...

Quote:

The Wolves of Steel v2.0.8 Update CHANGELOG:

v2.0.8
- Removed EMCCD v0.3.2 by archer9 extended dialog menu commands until I manage to track down source of game instability caused by interaction with the crew in some situations.

Removed mods:
v2.0.8
- EMCCD v0.3.2 by archer9

Installation:
1. Install "The Wolves of Steel 2.0_Update 2.0.8.exe" to your main Silent Hunter 5 install folder (e.g. "C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5"). Make sure to specify correct path when asked. After the installation, your Generic Mod Enabler will start automatically.
2. Deactivate all activated mods with your JSGME except "The Wolves of Steel 2.0.0" main mod.
3. Enable the Update 2.0.8 2nd in your activated modlist, right after the "The Wolves of Steel 2.0.0" main mod, like this:

The Wolves of Steel 2.0.0
The Wolves of Steel 2.0.8 Update
[other optional TWoS 2.x.x mods/addons]

* Enable the update in port or patrol.
* Update 2.0.8 contains changes from all previous updates. Remove/delete previous update(s) from your JSGME.

Main TWoS package will also be updated with latest v2.0.8 update.
Have fun! :salute:

vdr1981 08-30-17 05:33 PM

I also have to officially send one big Thank You for all captains outhere who have sent me donations during the last few months trough my PayPal link.
Your support guys really means a LOT to me and to my family in these hard times, and gives me even more will to continue my work on further TWoS improvement.

Thank You very much!

:Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Salute:
:subsim:

fitzcarraldo 08-30-17 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2509671)
I also have to officially send one big Thank You for all captains outhere who have sent me donations during the last few months trough my PayPal link.
Your support guys really means a LOT to me and to my family in these hard times, and gives me even more will to continue my work on further TWoS improvement.

Thank You very much!

Many thanks for all the work and you deserve all our gratitude.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

Cyborg322 08-30-17 08:51 PM

Happy too

:agree::agree::agree:
Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2509671)

Thank You very much!

Well deserved THX for all your efforts :agree:

Best Regards

Simon

palmic 08-31-17 03:51 AM

If i could pick 10 project in my gaming history which i should pay for, twos would not be missing for sure :salute:

You spend so much time working on it without asking a penny even when we was asking you to allow us to support you.

Respect :up:

skin-nl 08-31-17 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2509736)
If i could pick 10 project in my gaming history which i should pay for, twos would not be missing for sure :salute:

You spend so much time working on it without asking a penny even when we was asking you to allow us to support you.

Respect :up:

:agree::agree::agree:

I can't say more......Good work herr kaleun :salute:

Michael

palmic 08-31-17 03:32 PM

Yeahhh! This is community! :Kaleun_Applaud::salute::yeah::arrgh!:

alexv86 08-31-17 04:21 PM

TDW's OFEV

Hey guys,
*I thought I should post this on the release page for OFEV, but i couldnt find such a page.

This one just happened all of a sudden when I tried to open TDW's Options File Editor/Viewer, whenever I ask it to 'Open' it has an error pop-up that says :
*********Invalid option entry found. Missing VALUES's COUNT entries/r/nLine read was #DEFAULT=[ "Heir ist ein U-Boat Cocktail!!"," Chalkboard Tally","edit your favorite" ] @ line #3262 *********

It wont let me open my user options file to make any changes, has anybody had this problem before?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

palmic 08-31-17 04:33 PM

i would try to set again root directories and paths for OFEV option files (i expect you already did this) and then i would completely reinstall whole SH5 with last version of TWOS update by manual (see first post of this thread).
You have to be clean by this sollution.. There's no other option.

vdr1981 08-31-17 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexv86 (Post 2509849)
Hey guys,
*I thought I should post this on the release page for OFEV, but i couldnt find such a page.

This one just happened all of a sudden when I tried to open TDW's Options File Editor/Viewer, whenever I ask it to 'Open' it has an error pop-up that says :
*********Invalid option entry found. Missing VALUES's COUNT entries/r/nLine read was #DEFAULT=[ "Heir ist ein U-Boat Cocktail!!"," Chalkboard Tally","edit your favorite" ] @ line #3262 *********

It wont let me open my user options file to make any changes, has anybody had this problem before?

Thanks

you can also try to deactivate and then activate main TWoS mod with your jsgme. Did you check ofev instructions in twos doc folder?
You'll also find short instructional video o my YT page which I posted some time ago...

alexichri 08-31-17 04:50 PM

nicee

nicee cool:D

fitzcarraldo 08-31-17 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexv86 (Post 2509849)
Hey guys,

Thanks

You have in SH5\Data\Applications\OptionsFileEditorViewer this file:

OptionsFileEditorViewer.cfg:

Open with text editor:

SH5InstallPath=E:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5
LastMenuTXT=E:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Menu\menu.txt
LastOptionsFilePath=E:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Scripts\Menu\
ClientAreaWidth=1014
ClientAreaHeight=736
LanguagePackInUse=E:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Applications\OptionsFileEditorViewer\Langua gePacks\English
LastChosenOptionsFilePath=E:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Scripts\Menu\

This is MY file with MY paths. Check YOUR paths for Silent Hunter 5. If they are OK, try activating/deactivating the mods with JSGME. Or take the way written by Palmic.

No other solution for me.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute: