SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

morph9833 08-17-16 06:49 AM

great!
ill give it a try :)

THEBERBSTER 08-17-16 07:04 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > morph9833
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
The Wolves Of Steel Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) & Game Tips (Please Look Here First Before Posting A Question) (Do not post your problems here if you have added additional mods to TWOS make a new thread)

fitzcarraldo 08-18-16 11:51 AM

A problem:

I was submerged for more than 5 hours under heavy depth charging, a lot of destroyers persecuting me, at night before dawn. Scenery: the Mediterranean near Malta. Depth (a lot of work to maintain it with hydroplanes, blow ballast, etc), 150 mts. Speed: 3 knots. Battle stations active, without real navigation, maneuvering via compass/rudders. No damage. When the destroyers leave me, after the persecution, I cleared from the enemy formation and emerged, standard speed with batteries recharging. Going to bridge, the watch crew didn´t accompained me. I press many times the button of "Watch Crew" under the watch officer and no effect. I´m navigating alone in the bridge. I disabled the battle stations but no effect. I don´t know how to have my watch crew in the bridge! The watch officer remains with the sonar guy.

I´m using the Stormy´s DBSM mod after TWoS but I think it is not the cause of this annoying problem.

Some solution or help, please!

Many thanks and best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

vdr1981 08-18-16 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2427548)
A problem:

I was submerged for more than 5 hours under heavy depth charging, a lot of destroyers persecuting me, at night before dawn. Scenery: the Mediterranean near Malta. Depth (a lot of work to maintain it with hydroplanes, blow ballast, etc), 150 mts. Speed: 3 knots. Battle stations active, without real navigation, maneuvering via compass/rudders. No damage. When the destroyers leave me, after the persecution, I cleared from the enemy formation and emerged, standard speed with batteries recharging. Going to bridge, the watch crew didn´t accompained me. I press many times the button of "Watch Crew" under the watch officer and no effect. I´m navigating alone in the bridge. I disabled the battle stations but no effect. I don´t know how to have my watch crew in the bridge! The watch officer remains with the sonar guy.

I´m using the Stormy´s DBSM mod after TWoS but I think it is not the cause of this annoying problem.

Some solution or help, please!

Many thanks and best regards.

Save and restart the game...Remember that alt-tabbing the game is not recommended...:yep:

fitzcarraldo 08-18-16 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2427549)
Save and restart the game...Remember that alt-tabbing the game is not recommended...:yep:

OK. :up: I will start this night the game and see if the watch crew is on the bridge. I save it with myself alone seeing a nice dawn in the Med.

BTW, it is the 83rd savegame in the Med and no CTDs.

Many thanks for the answer!

redline202 08-18-16 06:08 PM

Hi all.

I love RUSTED GLORY mod/textures but I like normal not rusted conning tower, anyone know what textures are for conning tower in WoS 1.5?
Keep up the good work with WoS :salute:

Fragtzack 08-18-16 10:45 PM

Misaligned mouse in map

Hi,

After install TWOS, the mouse curser is off in the map so much to be unusable. The item being used in the map (pencil, ruler, etc) will actually be lower and to the right of the mouse cursor.

Tried both aspect ratio mods included with TWOS, both same issue. No other mods installed. Stock game acted fine.

Any ideas?

vdr1981 08-19-16 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redline202 (Post 2427636)
Hi all.

I love RUSTED GLORY mod/textures but I like normal not rusted conning tower, anyone know what textures are for conning tower in WoS 1.5?
Keep up the good work with WoS :salute:

Just remove all uboat7A_***.dds files from "Texture" folder of the update No.15 and re-enable it again with your JSGME...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fragtzack (Post 2427679)
Hi,

After install TWOS, the mouse curser is off in the map so much to be unusable. The item being used in the map (pencil, ruler, etc) will actually be lower and to the right of the mouse cursor.

Tried both aspect ratio mods included with TWOS, both same issue. No other mods installed. Stock game acted fine.

Any ideas?

That was a issue a long time ago...Are you sure that you are using latest TWoS ?

petaduki 08-19-16 01:25 PM

missing file

Hi all,

I need help, i downloaded the update 15 but missing 2. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Update No.15

First donwloaded The wolves of steel and then downloaded update 15. When going to enable mods only have in the list:

1. wolves of steel
3. real navigation
4. resloution fix
5. wind and smoke

Missing point 2 (the update)

fitzcarraldo 08-19-16 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petaduki (Post 2427877)
Hi all,

I need help, i downloaded the update 15 but missing 2. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Update No.15

First donwloaded The wolves of steel and then downloaded update 15. When going to enable mods only have in the list:

1. wolves of steel
3. real navigation
4. resloution fix
5. wind and smoke

You need to put the 2. update into the folder MODS - in your SH5 mainfolder - after you copy/paste the content of the main TWoS download in your SH5 mainfolder.

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[E:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]

1. The Wolves of Steel 1.05
2. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Update No. 15
5. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Wind & Smoke addon
Das Boot Crew Mod For SH5
DynEnv v2.9 - 11.a.I Sea Plants - Atlantic Kelp Forests (high resolution)
DynEnv v2.9 - 8.c Wave Mechanics - Hurricane
Pascal-sh5-Crew-Uniforms-July 2014
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 Basemod
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 HOTFIX 3
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 optional NavMap babelling
RUSTED GLORY SH5
BritishAsdicMkIFinal
sobers talking conning crew mod

(I´m not using Real Navigation).

Good luck and regards!

vdr1981 08-19-16 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petaduki (Post 2427877)
Hi all,

1. wolves of steel
3. real navigation
4. resloution fix
5. wind and smoke

After you have extracted main TWoS archive into your root SH5 directory, update No.15 should be activate just like any other mod with your JSGME...:yep:

Install instructions are pretty straight forward...

Fragtzack 08-19-16 06:49 PM

Mouse mis-aligned.

Mouse is misaligned on map screens. Tried both aspect ratio mod patches that come with WOTS and also no aspect ratio patch. Issue did not occure before TOWS.

Here is my mods:

The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Subsim Community SH5 Megamod
The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Update No. 15
4. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 4x3 path

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/data...AASUVORK5CYII=

vdr1981 08-19-16 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fragtzack (Post 2427990)
Mouse is misaligned on map screens. Tried both aspect ratio mod patches that come with WOTS and also no aspect ratio patch. Issue did not occure before TOWS.

Here is my mods:

The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Subsim Community SH5 Megamod
The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Update No. 15
4. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 4x3 path

Maybe you should go trough install notes once again...
Also you only gave us list of mods which you think you have activated, which is not necessarily true. Upload screenshot of your JSGME or use "export modlist" function...

renard60 08-20-16 11:31 AM

Hello
I search the file
TWoS 1.05 Snapshot.gps
for mod
thank you very much

vdr1981 08-20-16 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2311571)

5. Now, click "File" - "Restore snapshot" and browse "Silent Hunter 5/ TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_168_0/Snapshots" for TWoS 1.05 Snapshot.gps and sellect it...

:salute: