SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

LCQ_SH 05-14-16 02:21 PM

woops

woops, nvm, didn't read the stock resolution :D

vdr1981 05-14-16 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2404504)
During storm :-)

Storm with lightnings? :hmm2:

Derp 05-14-16 06:33 PM

Sorry if i shouldn't ask it here but what are some minor mods that i can use together with WoS?

LCQ_SH 05-14-16 06:35 PM

stock game crew avatars?

Hi,

For this version are the crew avatars back to the originals? I am asking because mines went back so I don't know if this is normal or something weird is going on in my update from 1.04 to 1.05. I did not reinstall the whole game as it said that it was recommended but not mandatory and I am lazy :D

Tnx!!

stuka80 05-14-16 08:18 PM

nvm figred it out

palmic 05-14-16 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2404538)

I believe it was without lightnings, but i cant say for sure, i was at the bridge very rarely..

kylania 05-15-16 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derp (Post 2404565)
Sorry if i shouldn't ask it here but what are some minor mods that i can use together with WoS?

Welcome to Subsim Derp! :salute:

What mods in particular were you wondering about?

Sjizzle 05-15-16 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derp (Post 2404565)

don't use any additional mods with TWoS if u wanna have a stable game play .....

kylania 05-15-16 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2404588)
don't use any additional mods with TWoS if u wanna have a stable game play .....

I had to use the Das Boot crew images mod at least. :)

palmic 05-15-16 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2404538)

It looks ok now, no storm arrived and i'm at u12 now :)

THEBERBSTER 05-15-16 05:27 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Derp
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
The Wolves Of Steel Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) & Game Tips (Please Look Here First Before Posting A Question) (Do not post your problems here if you have added additional mods to TWOS make a new thread)

Adding mods to TWOS is a touchy subject and not to be asked here.
TWOS contains well over a 100 mods.

Jimbuna 05-15-16 08:18 AM

Welcome to SubSim Derp :salute:

fitzcarraldo 05-15-16 06:28 PM

Welcome to SUBSIM, Derp!

My actual list with TWoS:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[E:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]

1. The Wolves of Steel 1.05
2. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Update No. 12
5. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Wind & Smoke addon
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 Basemod
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 HOTFIX 3
DasBootSehrohr
BritishAsdicMkIFinal
NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0_Das_Boot_Crew_Mod_by_Illyustrator
Pascal-sh5-Crew-Uniforms-July 2014
RUSTED GLORY SH5
sobers talking conning crew mod
TWOS Contact Color
All sounds March 2014
d3d_antilag101

This is a "light gameplay" with TWoS. Stormy´s DBSM (only Basemod and Fix, both complete), seems work fine, no problems in the problematic Med Campaign (Battle of the Med), with 58 savegames and reloads.

The DBSM mod remaps the key commands but all works. F7 is Battle Stations and F8 is Rig for Silent Running. I have a tendency to use the buttons command of the UI, so not many keys pressed.

I use SH3 UI style, not tested the list with the others styles.

I have a problem with the weather reports. They tell me ever the same, except in rare cases. I save a game with 15 m wind, and reload with 5 m wind and the report continues to tell 15 m wind. Same with cloud reports. This problem is present with the basic TWoS list, without my additional mods. With my list, the problem persists.

Many thanks for the new update and all the support, Vecko, and best regards. (BTW, I changed to patch 12 and reloaded my old savegames of the Med campaign and worked, no need to restart the campaign).

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

Ijustwanttoplay 05-16-16 12:31 PM

Hi,

I'm new to sub gaming (always been a huge fan of sub movies and history) and I recently picked up SH5. I was advised to install TWOS before even firing it up, and I did just that. I elected not to install Real Navigation as I have no idea how to do it. I'm finding the game very intimidating and overwhelming. I've gone through a lot of in game tutorial texts but I still feel lost.

Is there is "how to" youtube series to help me get up and running? The only thing I can really compare it to Kerbal Space Program and youtube was instrumental for me to learn and enjoy the game.

I started watching Norsecast playthrough, but he doesnt seem to explain the HOW behind a lot of what he does.

Thanks!

kylania 05-16-16 01:40 PM

Welcome Ijustwanttoplay!

Is there any particular part of the game that's causing you confusion? Navigating? Plotting intercepts? Actually conducting an attack?

TheNorseCast's play through is pretty great and he tries to put enough detail into why and how he's doing things.

For my part here's a video of how to intercept a hydrophone contact step by step. It's using an earlier version of the UI from TWOS, but most things should work the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MXE5Vm3Cgw