SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Shaefer 05-07-15 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2312080)
You can restore snapshot anytime you like...

Ok, sweet. I thank you. :up:
There is one thing I would like to know. How do I adjust the scope filter? I would like to make it a smidge brighter. Saves me an hour of editing during darkness:O:. I di not find this option in the FileEditorViewer...

THEBERBSTER 05-07-15 06:07 AM

Hi Shaefer

To enable the scope filters you need to go to the UI Tab in TDW's Options File Editor Viewer.

Change the Night Filters patch from false to true.

In the periscope station when you press the Hud button tick the enable at the top.

Click on the number showing opposite the colour you want to change.

Use the mouse wheel to change the number.

http://i60.tinypic.com/fvaas2.jpg

Peter

Lexstock 05-07-15 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZygfrydDeLowe (Post 2311900)
Hi!

I really appreciate that you keep doing this great work instead of UBI throwing logs under players feet every now and then.

I decided to reinstall SH5 and set sail once more.

After sorting some initial CTD's I was able to successfully intercept Polish Task Force, and (as usual) wreak havoc in ports to complete the secondary objective. Both objectives in Baltic Operations (the mission I requested at the start) were marked as Completed (green text).

Next, I waited some time to enter Kiel on 4th September (so I can request British East Coast mission). Now, I have this new mission (and others, as by starting date) active, but I could select Baltic Operations again on the briefing in Kiel, and when I exit the game I see it listed as Incomplete.

Should I worry about that, did I do something wrong and broke the campaign progress? Also, is it necesseray to wait before sailing to port in order to let "new" missions to activate?

I'd like an anwser on this as well. I've noticed this on my own game, I find it really weird and I don't know if it should be this way.

Shaefer 05-07-15 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2312112)
Hi Shaefer

To enable the scope filters you need to go to the UI Tab in TDW's Options File Editor Viewer.

Change the Night Filters patch from false to true.

In the periscope station when you press the Hud button tick the enable at the top.

Click on the number showing opposite the colour you want to change.

Use the mouse wheel to change the number.

Peter

Ah, ok. I had it enabled, and tryed to change the numbers in the filter, but did it wrong. I go and have a try.
Thank you.

alien41 05-07-15 08:08 AM

Hello everybody . I do not know if this is the right topic to ask this, but the camouflage makes any difference in the stealth of u -boats ?

vdr1981 05-07-15 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexstock (Post 2312120)
I'd like an anwser on this as well. I've noticed this on my own game, I find it really weird and I don't know if it should be this way.

It's because you also have tonnage bug which is totally bypassed by latest hotfix...Enable it and restart your campaign or start any you like using "sillentotto" cheat...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaefer (Post 2312121)
Ah, ok. I had it enabled, and tryed to change the numbers in the filter, but did it wrong. I go and have a try.
Thank you.

You should click first on RGB numbers and scrol down/up with mous IIRC...

Quote:

Originally Posted by alien41 (Post 2312140)
Hello everybody . I do not know if this is the right topic to ask this, but the camouflage makes any difference in the stealth of u -boats ?

Hm, good question but I'm really not sure...:hmmm:

ZygfrydDeLowe 05-07-15 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2312150)
It's because you also have tonnage bug which is totally bypassed by latest hotfix...Enable it and restart your campaign or start any you like using "sillentotto" cheat...

But I am playing using the latests hotfix. To be sure I reinstalled SH5 and enabled mods once again before starting new campaign :/
My JSGME shot:

EDIT: Bloody hell, I see there is a hotfix2, how could I have missed that? :oops:
Sorry for the trouble, I feel really stupid now.

Can I apply it in a bunker without restarting the campaign, or is it really necessary to start new one?

vdr1981 05-07-15 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZygfrydDeLowe (Post 2312156)
But I am playing using the latests hotfix. To be sure I reinstalled SH5 and enabled mods once again before starting new campaign :/
My JSGME shot:

EDIT: Bloody hell, I see there is a hotfix2, how could I have missed that? :oops:
Sorry for the trouble, I feel really stupid now.

Can I apply it in a bunker without restarting the campaign, or is it really necessary to start new one?

No need for new campaign in your case...Just enable the hotfix2 anytime and continue campaign...:yep:

Lexstock 05-07-15 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2312164)
No need for new campaign in your case...Just enable the hotfix2 anytime and continue campaign...:yep:

In my case, I already had hotfix 2 installed. So still, I don't know why this happens. I guess only thing to do is do another clean install.

vdr1981 05-07-15 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexstock (Post 2312166)
In my case, I already had hotfix 2 installed. So still, I don't know why this happens. I guess only thing to do is do another clean install.

So what is the problem exactly , you cant select EBCW mission or something else, because once when you reach Kiel, Baltic Ops become irrelevant completely even though whey will be visible for some time on the map...
Drop some screenshot...

Lexstock 05-07-15 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2312169)
So what is the problem exactly , you cant select EBCW mission or something else, because once when you reach Kiel, Baltic Ops become irrelevant completely even though whey will be visible for some time on the map...
Drop some screenshot...

Well, same problem as " ZygfrydDeLowe" really. Altough I'm guessing it's not really a problem to play the game.

I can't put a screenshot, as I'm already past the deadline date of Baltic Operations. But I'll explain what happend.

Basically, followed everything to install WoS as directed in the instructions. Skipped tutorial, first mission, request to kill/report Task force in the Baltic Sea.
I did that, torped some more ships, then headed to Kiel when I got the message. So I started sailing to Kiel, and got there at like 3 september (Baltic Sea deadline is 5 september).

So I docked, looked at upgrades, and went to the Naval Officer to get a new mission. So then it showed me again, Baltic Operations, and a gain the Task Force mission. Altough I had it completed on my Captain screen (I checked it before I headed to port). So I ignored it, launched a new patrol (14 days later on the calendar), and Baltic Seas mission was gone, and I Scapa Flow + East Birtish Coasts was arrived.

Only thing though, I didn't want to redock to request a mission, as I would lose another 14 days (and I really wanted to complete Scapa Flow). So I did Scapa Flow withouth requesting it, shot some more ships down at the British coast, headed back to Kiel.

Again, Scapa Flow was there again.

So I don't get it, is this working as intended by the mod? Because it seems to me, it's not keeping my progression.

I've read about this tonnage bar bug thing, but it's something that never struck me, and WOS hotfix 2 automatically gets rid of the tonnage bar. So I dunno.

Is it supposed to work like this?

vdr1981 05-07-15 11:58 AM

Yes, everything is OK...:up: You will be able to select patrol grid on next patrol...

vdr1981 05-07-15 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2165721)
F.A.Q.
- Crew don't entering the sub when diving/ don't leaving the sub when surfacing ?
Use GUI buttons on the left side of the screen to avoid this
- Telegraph acts weird. I order standard speed (3) but it only sets to slow ahead (2) and so on, it is always one speed setting behind the ordered one.
Small side effect from one of the patches but your commands are accepted correctly, works much better with SH3 interface...
- I'd like to have my menus and texts in German for immersion - is there a German version?
Unfortunately not (yet)...German menu.txt is not compatible...
- If I patrol the area for 20 hours , save the game and continue the game the other day , this time I patrolled is also saved ?
Unfortunately , it is not...You shouldn't reload the game until those 48/72 hours are passed.
- How do you access a recognition manual that can feed TDC?
Press "E" key or notepad lookalike charts GUI button on the bar near right edge of the screen.
- I've lost my recognition manual?!
Delete all dragables.TDW files from main game folder and start the game again...
- Where's mine target identify button?!
In this megamod automatic target recognition is disabled due to somewhat unrealistic implementation. There really aren't to many ships to be recognized in SH5 so auto recognition while the ship is 20 km away is a huge gamebraker...
- I wish to change number of days spent in the bunker, 14 days are too low...
Sure, check this mod...Clicky
- How can I pass from one campaign to the next one?
Make sure to be ON PATROL when deadline date of last objective is reached, preferably somewhere at the open seas without AI units in your vicinity . This is important so be careful if you use mods like "Change Days in Bunker"...
- Do I always have to start my career from the first campaign?
No, type "silentotto" while you're in the campaign selection screen to unlock all campaigns and start any you want...
- I've arrived in Kiel but I cant select Eastern British Coastal Waters mission, only Danzing mission is available?
Missions are date controlled and EBCW mission will not be available until 4th September 1939.
- Should I attack neutral shipping?
Despite common belief that the game wont penalize you if you sink neutral ship, it seems that it will by giving you negative rating points which are very important for players progress (medals, new subs and equipment, prom. points)
- Is there any written manual for TWoS?
Unfortunately, there is not. however, in TWoS Documentation folder you'll find readme files of individual mods contained within the modpack. You can also put GWX manual to a good use and/or search for numerous tutorials/playthrough videos found on Subsim and Youtube...
- Should I play without real navigation?
In my opinion absolutely not! TheDarkWraith's Real Navigation is one of the few SH5 features which can separate SH5 from the rest of the franchise and it improves gameplay drastically. It is the best and the most realistic nautical navigation mod ever adopted for SH and it will suit both experienced and new players...
- How can I find assigned patrol grid?
Use grid map tool (Charts-Maps). The tool is resizable...
- Where's mine tonnage bar?! I can't play without it!
I'm sorry...It's dead!

This is a never-ending job. :D Feel free to add something you think that can be useful...:yep:

THE_MASK 05-07-15 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alien41 (Post 2312140)

Everything effects everything in SH5 . Unlike previous silent hunter games you can check it yourself using the detection circles . The first thing I get with renoun is the Camo . One time at night with the my sub between an enemy freighter and the moon and at decks awash , I was at all stopped and the freighter passed at about 500 meters without seeing me . That was with camo and calm water . If they are looking for you then that's a difrent story altogether .

THE_MASK 05-07-15 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexstock (Post 2312176)
Well, same problem as " ZygfrydDeLowe" really. Altough I'm guessing it's not really a problem to play the game.

I can't put a screenshot, as I'm already past the deadline date of Baltic Operations. But I'll explain what happend.

Basically, followed everything to install WoS as directed in the instructions. Skipped tutorial, first mission, request to kill/report Task force in the Baltic Sea.
I did that, torped some more ships, then headed to Kiel when I got the message. So I started sailing to Kiel, and got there at like 3 september (Baltic Sea deadline is 5 september).

So I docked, looked at upgrades, and went to the Naval Officer to get a new mission. So then it showed me again, Baltic Operations, and a gain the Task Force mission. Altough I had it completed on my Captain screen (I checked it before I headed to port). So I ignored it, launched a new patrol (14 days later on the calendar), and Baltic Seas mission was gone, and I Scapa Flow + East Birtish Coasts was arrived.

Only thing though, I didn't want to redock to request a mission, as I would lose another 14 days (and I really wanted to complete Scapa Flow). So I did Scapa Flow withouth requesting it, shot some more ships down at the British coast, headed back to Kiel.

Again, Scapa Flow was there again.

So I don't get it, is this working as intended by the mod? Because it seems to me, it's not keeping my progression.

I've read about this tonnage bar bug thing, but it's something that never struck me, and WOS hotfix 2 automatically gets rid of the tonnage bar. So I dunno.

Is it supposed to work like this?

All missions are based on the time they were historically available , not if you complete a mission or not . You arrived in Kiel before the British coastal waters mission was available , that's all . Maybe vdr1981 could put the OH2 campaign dates sheet in the game . Make it 5 days in base or something like that .