SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Cyborg322 04-10-23 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torpedo (Post 2858321)
Thanks Sirius.x for your help.
My installation of SH5, updated to TWoS 2.2.25, is done from an original DVD as soon as the simulator came out. Until a few months ago I had no problems with the recognition manual, perhaps it was the upgrade from W10 Pro to W11 Pro 22H2 that created this problem for me. The recognition manual is the original one and not the one you see in the image of my post.
How do you use the original DVD? For installing or launching SH5? I tried to boot SH5 from the DVD but unfortunately without solving the problem.
Thank you for your interest in my problem!
Best regards!
Torpedo :Kaleun_Salute:

Hello Capt Torpedo :Kaleun_Salute:

Did you update the base game to v 1.2 before installing the mod ? If not it could potentially overwrite some of the mod files

Also have you changed the properties/compatibility mode to an earlier version of Windows. I have run into problems myself after upgrading to Windows 11. Windows 11 (DirectX 12) is only backwards compatible to DirectX 11 and 10. Silent Hunter is v 9.0c ( You may need to run the compatibility troubleshooter to do this, the tab is no longer there as far as I'm aware)

Simon

LCQ_SH 04-15-23 09:51 PM

Time compression faster than 1024

Hi All,

I just re-installed SH5 with the most recent TWS .

Is there anyway I can set up the TC limit higher than 1024?

I tried manually setting in in the Cfg- main.cgf file but it has no effect in the game. :timeout:

Any hints will be very much appreciated. :salute:

Many thanks :ping:

Torpedo 04-16-23 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LCQ_SH (Post 2863183)
Hi All,

I just re-installed SH5 with the most recent TWS .

Is there anyway I can set up the TC limit higher than 1024?

I tried manually setting in in the Cfg- main.cgf file but it has no effect in the game. :timeout:

Any hints will be very much appreciated. :salute:

Many thanks :ping:

Hi LCQ_SH!
To change the Time Compression you have to use the main.cfg file which is in "C:\User\Your nickname\Documents\SH5\data\cfg\main.cfg". In this main.cfg there is the "Time Compression" section and in the last line there is the "Maximum" value which is the one to change. I use the value 2048 but you can also apply 4096. The important thing is to decrease the value 1024 of "AirEnemyDetected" and "EnemyDetected" otherwise you get sunk in no time. For these two parameters you can also use the value "1" bringing the TC to the effective value of the passage of time, without taking away reality from SH5, in my opinion, and to be able to use the action you think is the most appropriate.

Torpedo :Kaleun_Cheers:

LCQ_SH 04-16-23 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torpedo (Post 2863230)
Hi LCQ_SH!
To change the Time Compression you have to use the main.cfg file which is in "C:\User\Your nickname\Documents\SH5\data\cfg\main.cfg". In this main.cfg there is the "Time Compression" section and in the last line there is the "Maximum" value which is the one to change. I use the value 2048 but you can also apply 4096. The important thing is to decrease the value 1024 of "AirEnemyDetected" and "EnemyDetected" otherwise you get sunk in no time. For these two parameters you can also use the value "1" bringing the TC to the effective value of the passage of time, without taking away reality from SH5, in my opinion, and to be able to use the action you think is the most appropriate.

There was my problem! I was doing it in the installation folder :haha:

Many thanks mate! :salute:

GeneralDeath99 04-16-23 08:43 PM

Just out of curiosity, what's the next update bring to TWoS?

Bernardi 04-24-23 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeneralDeath99 (Post 2863376)
Just out of curiosity, what's the next update bring to TWoS?

This ^ i would love a place where we can easily see what is being worked on (if any) or any future plans/news. The forum is good and all but you have to go through a lot of pages to find information on any updates.

Although after further inspection vdr 1981 seems to be offline for quite a while now so the chances of getting any updates are slim.

Josef Mareš 05-07-23 11:35 AM

Thank you for this great mod, everything is perfect, but still missing interior shake when depth charging like it used to be in mods in sh3,4. This is not possible in sh5 ? Thank you

Aktungbby 05-07-23 11:46 AM

Welcome back!

Josef Mareš! After a 2 year 'silent run'!:Kaleun_Salute:

Torpedo 05-08-23 05:14 AM

Silhouettes on the SOAN

Hi everyone!
After many attempts, I managed to solve the problem of silhouettes that had disappeared from my SOAN. In my humble opinion, the problem was caused by the fact that I went from the 2.2.23 upgrade to the 2.2.25 upgrade leaving out the 2.2.24 upgrade. As a last hope I tried to install The Wolves of Steel 2.2_SH5 Exp.Pack_v2.2.25_Full, that is the complete version, ignoring the intermediate upgrades and finally the silhouettes reappeared in the SOAN. So I definitely think that the W11 version of Windows is not the cause of the problem, but in my case that I skipped installing the 2.2.24 upgrade.
I'm sorry if I wasted the time of those who tried to solve my problem but I thank them all.
I hope this opinion of mine can solve the same problem for other captains!

propbeanie 05-08-23 07:05 AM

Interesting discovery... I might try that in a few weeks myself, and see if it makes a difference on my system... Of course, it will be AFTER I get the cpu fan in the HP beast changed... Still under warranty, and I cannot get ahold of HP to get it fixed... I keep getting the run-a-round... sigh - when I can get it to where I can once again run the game, I'll do a fresh install and update here. btw, this is not time wasted, but a case of "discovery"... :yeah:

Josef Mareš 05-11-23 02:08 AM

Depth charge shake

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josef Mareš (Post 2866744)
Thank you for this great mod, everything is perfect, but still missing interior shake when depth charging like it used to be in mods in sh3,4. This is not possible in sh5 ? Thank you

Does anyone know the answer to my simple question please ? :06:

kapuhy 05-11-23 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josef Mareš (Post 2867271)
Does anyone know the answer to my simple question please ? :06:

Simple question, but hardly a simple answer. To know whether it is possible would require someone who knows how SH5 camera movement and effects work, and there are very few people who do have that kind of knowledge. So in order to get answer to your question you'd have to wait until one of those modders drops by.

propbeanie 05-11-23 08:52 AM

TheDarkWraith (TDW) adapted one from an SH3/SH4 mod from nvdrifter, but if I am remembering correctly, it did induce CTDs in SH5... possibly from the camera going "out-of-bounds", but I am not remembering the full story... I did not find the mod just now looking through the SH5 mods from TDW, but I thought that there was a pinch of a shake in SH5 TWoS already...

Josef Mareš 05-11-23 10:43 AM

Thanks for the answers! Unfortunately no, even in TWOS when the depth charge attack the sub wobbles slightly. The attack experience is weak in comparison with sh3/sh4.

kraszus 05-23-23 09:18 AM

Red Light Nav Map

Is there any way to disable the red light when viewing the Nav map at night? I can barely read markers, measurements, protractor angles, etc. [EDIT] Ignore this. This was a problem with Grenso's Submarine Environment mod...not TWoS.