SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Jimbuna 05-27-20 10:59 AM

Welcome to SubSim Iron Major :salute:

Sokolov 05-27-20 07:04 PM

Whats with a variety of ships in this mod, so difficult to answer my question?

vdr1981 05-28-20 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sokolov (Post 2673383)
Whats with a variety of ships in this mod, so difficult to answer my question?

You can see all available ships (and planes) for all nations in the museum...

WildBlueYonder 05-28-20 08:01 AM

Contact reported in your area

I have been instucted to investigate a contact reported in my area with coordinates, precise course, but no speed. The message has a yellow background until I click on it, it's present only in radio messages, but does not appear in the box down to the right where normal convoys or task forces are reported with their coordinates, approximate course (i.e. WNW) and speed.

Are these "yellow radio message" contacts actually real enemies? Do you just assume their speed when trying to intercept them? Thanks!

Texas Red 05-28-20 12:12 PM

Hey vdr1981,

Could you add a hotkey that would release oil into the ocean when you are being depth-charged to give the illusion of being sunk? Also, in rough seas, ASDIC was almost impossible to use, could you model this into the game please?

vdr1981 05-28-20 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the beast (Post 2673536)
Hey vdr1981,

Could you add a hotkey that would release oil into the ocean when you are being depth-charged to give the illusion of being sunk?

Heh no...:) That would be quite pointless anyway since AI can not see oil trace.

Quote:

Also, in rough seas, ASDIC was almost impossible to use, could you model this into the game please?
Active sonar penalties in rough sea are modeled in the game. I'm not sure what do you assume by "almost impossible to use" but you can play a bit with settings in sim.cfg in order to achieve what you want. Just be careful not to brake AI completely...:yep:

Texas Red 05-28-20 12:30 PM

OK thanks. :Kaleun_Applaud:

Really great mod you have!

vdr1981 05-28-20 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildBlueYonder (Post 2673473)
I have been instucted to investigate a contact reported in my area with coordinates, precise course, but no speed. The message has a yellow background until I click on it, it's present only in radio messages, but does not appear in the box down to the right where normal convoys or task forces are reported with their coordinates, approximate course (i.e. WNW) and speed.

Are these "yellow radio message" contacts actually real enemies? Do you just assume their speed when trying to intercept them? Thanks!

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...75&postcount=3

Kavil 05-28-20 02:58 PM

I am just posting this to thank and give you my best regards dear Sir vdr1981. even after all these years you are still updating this patch really means a lot for me and whole other subsimmers out there. I wish i could donate you and whole others who are involved in this absolutely brilliant mod but living in third world country is a huge setback people like me who want to do something but can not due to economic reasons.
Anyways thank you for all your service:Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Salut e:

vdr1981 05-29-20 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kavil (Post 2673591)
I am just posting this to thank and give you my best regards dear Sir vdr1981. even after all these years you are still updating this patch really means a lot for me and whole other subsimmers out there. I wish i could donate you and whole others who are involved in this absolutely brilliant mod but living in third world country is a huge setback people like me who want to do something but can not due to economic reasons.
Anyways thank you for all your service:Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Salut e:

:salute:

Sokolov 05-29-20 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2673437)
You can see all available ships (and planes) for all nations in the museum...

Yes, but how i wrote already, i meet the same liner and Cimmaron class tanker. There are may be tons of ships in museum, but why in game i meet the same ships? one harbor defended well, but another (where this liner and 2 Cimmaron class tankers) undefended absolutely. Don't you think that there are have to be the destroyer near harbor? And may be more coastal defence? I think you understand my question well, what with a variety of ships in game?

vdr1981 05-29-20 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sokolov (Post 2673714)
Yes, but how i wrote already, i meet the same liner and Cimmaron class tanker. There are may be tons of ships in museum, but why in game i meet the same ships? one harbor defended well, but another (where this liner and 2 Cimmaron class tankers) undefended absolutely. Don't you think that there are have to be the destroyer near harbor? And may be more coastal defence? I think you understand my question well, what with a variety of ships in game?

Game chooses randomly ships by type, tankers and liners aren't so numerous like regular cargo ships and this is the reason why you see same ship types occasionally. Destroyers can not operate near coast due to AI limitations...

DackSter94 05-29-20 07:23 PM

Hey guys,
I wanted to ask, if Rules of engagement are to be respected in the mod? I am at the beginning of the war (start of October) and I found a big liner (or hospital ship, but without markings) under British flag.
There were a lot of confusing restrictions during that period(in the beginning of the war, one couldn't even engage unarmed British merchants without attempting to stop them and then arrange safety of the crew before it was sunk ???). Passenger ships were off limits too.
Anyone knows if mod will penalize for sinking something that could be historically off limits? Also is there any historical summary of what and when particular types of ships were allowed to be attacked?

vdr1981 05-30-20 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DackSter94 (Post 2673844)
Hey guys,
I wanted to ask, if Rules of engagement are to be respected in the mod? I am at the beginning of the war (start of October) and I found a big liner (or hospital ship, but without markings) under British flag.
There were a lot of confusing restrictions during that period(in the beginning of the war, one couldn't even engage unarmed British merchants without attempting to stop them and then arrange safety of the crew before it was sunk ???). Passenger ships were off limits too.
Anyone knows if mod will penalize for sinking something that could be historically off limits? Also is there any historical summary of what and when particular types of ships were allowed to be attacked?

Hi DackSter94, :salute:
As far as the game is considered, anything under British flag can be engaged and you will be credited for that. Of course, it's entirely up to you will you decide to follow historical RoE and play realistically. :yep: For now you'll only have to hold your torpedoes in case of neutrals even if they are clearly bound to British waters but this may change in future updates...

Texas Red 05-30-20 11:11 AM

Oooohhh a bit of some foreshadowing I see!

:timeout:

:p2: