SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Salvadoreno 04-25-19 08:12 PM

BTW, why are all the walkthroughs in SH3 formats? I am assuming the same appliues to SH5? But it just makes it a tad bit confusing.

Mud112th 04-26-19 04:50 AM

Does anybody know how to get rid of this tool when you open the map?

http://soleil-noir.be/112th/SH5Img@2...6_11.41.35.jpg

I have to slide that tool to the side every time I start the game, else I cannot move or interact with the map. It has a big transparent area around it as well.

Clean Windows and SH5 (non-steam) install with the latest version of TWOS.
No other mods installed.

Best regards,

Mud

kapuhy 04-26-19 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mud112th (Post 2605864)
Does anybody know how to get rid of this tool when you open the map?

I have to slide that tool to the side every time I start the game, else I cannot move or interact with the map. It has a big transparent area around it as well.

Clean Windows and SH5 (non-steam) install with the latest version of TWOS.
No other mods installed.

Best regards,

Mud

In data/applications folder, find Options File Editor Viewer application and open TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py file with it. You'll see "Maps" tab (among many others) that allows you to configure which map tools are visible in game by default. I don't know the name of this particular tool though.

Mud112th 04-26-19 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapuhy (Post 2605874)
In data/applications folder, find Options File Editor Viewer application and open TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py file with it. You'll see "Maps" tab (among many others) that allows you to configure which map tools are visible in game by default. I don't know the name of this particular tool though.

I only see the nomograph there which I disabled but I did not notice any difference.

Tonci87 04-26-19 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mud112th (Post 2605875)
I only see the nomograph there which I disabled but I did not notice any difference.

The nomograph is the tool that helps you to compare Speed, time and sistance to each other. You can activate and deactivate it with the third round buttton at the top of the map.

As for that compass that is giving you trouble, I do not know why this appears in the middle of your screen. For me it is always hidden away to the side.

Mud112th 04-26-19 09:55 AM

It is hidden away to the side for me as well, but its big transparent border is not. And unless I move the whole thing to the side, I can't interact with the map.

Not a game-breaker though, just a nuisance.

hauangua 04-26-19 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mud112th (Post 2605919)
It is hidden away to the side for me as well, but its big transparent border is not. And unless I move the whole thing to the side, I can't interact with the map.

Not a game-breaker though, just a nuisance.

Resolution of your screen?

Mud112th 04-26-19 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hauangua (Post 2605923)
Resolution of your screen?

1920x1080 16:9

hauangua 04-26-19 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mud112th (Post 2605927)
1920x1080 16:9

For me too it is always hidden away to the side.
But not give me problems...I no understand if you have really problem or simply you not like this compass.. Have a screenshot when you enter in nav map? Without move compass?

Mud112th 04-26-19 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hauangua (Post 2605933)
For me too it is always hidden away to the side.
But not give me problems...I no understand if you have really problem or simply you not like this compass.. Have a screenshot when you enter in nav map? Without move compass?

The map looks normal then but the mouse cursor is the square. So the compass basically has a transparent area around it which is much larger than the compas itself which I have to move to the edge of the map to be able to interact with the map.

vdr1981 04-26-19 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mud112th (Post 2605937)
The map looks normal then but the mouse cursor is the square. So the compass basically has a transparent area around it which is much larger than the compas itself which I have to move to the edge of the map to be able to interact with the map.

Big transparent area around tools which is preventing you to use mouse? Mouse square? :hmmm:
How big is that transparent area? This doesn't sound like normal game behavior definitely.:yep:
Check out the thread for problems and make a proper post...Cheers!

Mud112th 04-26-19 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2605940)
Big transparent area around tools which is preventing you to use mouse? Mouse square? :hmmm:
How big is that transparent area? This doesn't sound like normal game behavior definitely.:yep:
Check out the thread for problems and make a proper post...Cheers!

You can see the square cursor in the screenshot I posted (8 o'clock position, in the water). Which means the cursor is over an item which can be moved, rather than then map itself. Else you get a arrow cursor.

The transparent area is about as big as the width of the map on either side of the compass.

None of the tools exhibit this behavior. So once I move that tool which is on the map when I open the map to the side, I can zoom in and out, use the ruler, protractor, .... just fine.

Don't break your head on it. Like I said it's just a nuisance and I thought perhaps it's a known something which somebody else may have experienced
as well.

hauangua 04-26-19 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mud112th (Post 2605957)
You can see the square cursor in the screenshot I posted (8 o'clock position, in the water). Which means the cursor is over an item which can be moved, rather than then map itself. Else you get a arrow cursor.

The transparent area is about as big as the width of the map on either side of the compass.

None of the tools exhibit this behavior. So once I move that tool which is on the map when I open the map to the side, I can zoom in and out, use the ruler, protractor, .... just fine.

Don't break your head on it. Like I said it's just a nuisance and I thought perhaps it's a known something which somebody else may have experienced
as well.

Can you post your MOD list?

Mud112th 04-26-19 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hauangua (Post 2605965)
Can you post your MOD list?

- Twos Real Navigation

But with it on or off, makes no difference.

Stock SH5, the issue is not present.
Install twos and the issue is present.

I already had this issue in 2.2.5
In an earlier version I ran I did not have it. Unfortunately I cannot remember which version that was exactly.

Does the map open without any compass for you others, or does it always open with it active? Trying to rule out whether it's the area around the compass that is my issue, or the compass appearing altogether.

Tonci87 04-26-19 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mud112th (Post 2605981)
- Twos Real Navigation

But with it on or off, makes no difference.

Stock SH5, the issue is not present.
Install twos and the issue is present.

I already had this issue in 2.2.5
In an earlier version I ran I did not have it. Unfortunately I cannot remember which version that was exactly.

Does the map open without any compass for you others, or does it always open with it active? Trying to rule out whether it's the area around the compass that is my issue, or the compass appearing altogether.

It always opens with the compass, but it is almost completely of the screen, so that you can drag it on screen by grabbing the edge. There also is no ridiculously large transparent area.