SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 01-18-19 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosenoodles (Post 2587226)
both situations.

Then it must be an installation problem...

finchOU 01-18-19 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oIMADMANIo (Post 2587212)
I understand that - but my NavOfficer was not able to make one single celestial fix until the last 24h even though the weather was ideal. The only celestial fixes I got are this which comes from the Game by loading the Savegame.

Let me make sure you aren't over looking something.

When you hit the button to get a fix via Celestial.....it can take up to 45 mins game time (if I recall)...and a min time of like 20-25 mins game time. DR takes about 5 mins game time. Are you sure you just are not waiting long enough? Or are you just not getting them? Does crew moral effect this ability?

gap 01-18-19 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finchOU (Post 2587234)
When you hit the button to get a fix via Celestial.....it can take up to 45 mins game time (if I recall)...and a min time of like 20-25 mins game time.

That's right, but if memory serves me well those delays can be edited using OFEV. Maybe oIMADMANIo could shorten them to see if anything changes for him in game...

Quote:

Does crew moral effect this ability?

Good question. I have no idea. Vecko might know better :hmm2:

moosenoodles 01-18-19 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2587227)
Then it must be an installation problem...

What would of that been then I wonder. Everything in game is working as far as I can tell but that one keypress on my keyboards tilde key, the actual representation of the F1 help keys does not even show same symbols its like its using a different keyboard.

The only other quirky thing ive seen is sometimes when u select ahead slow for example the highlighted selection works but the red arrow at bottom does not match it, so u can be on 0 speed with red arrow on that, yet u are selected on engine 1 setting highlighted and doing the correct kts.

and it follows up the scale as well like that so ud get to max speed 5 but red arrow is on 4.

ive added nothing to the generic mod tool other than a couple of things that u can do it says at anytime later in future before running game, i.e the food crates and something else that said the same.

Otherwise the installation gave no errors and the snapshot was all good. This was a fresh install of the game, run to make sure it was 1.2 version quit out, did the mod install, and the snapshot, run game new campaign/realistic/saved in bunker before moving character then exited to menu and loaded that save to start.

Fifi 01-18-19 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosenoodles (Post 2587238)
The only other quirky thing ive seen is sometimes when u select ahead slow for example the highlighted selection works but the red arrow at bottom does not match it, so u can be on 0 speed with red arrow on that, yet u are selected on engine 1 setting highlighted and doing the correct kts.

and it follows up the scale as well like that so ud get to max speed 5 but red arrow is on 4.

It’s a known thing, coming from TDW electric engine ratio patch.

If you want to get back normal telegraph needle, you have to deactivate in generic patcher all the Electric Engine Ratio patches (and all dependencies)
From memory there are 2 or 3 to deactivate.
Keep in mind you will lost TDW electric settings doing so.

oIMADMANIo 01-18-19 04:34 PM

Quote:

Let me make sure you aren't over looking something.

When you hit the button to get a fix via Celestial.....it can take up to 45 mins game time (if I recall)...and a min time of like 20-25 mins game time. DR takes about 5 mins game time. Are you sure you just are not waiting long enough? Or are you just not getting them? Does crew moral effect this ability?

So - shame on me - the Dead-ReckoningAutomationScript runs every 5 Minutes and has break the order to make a celestial position fix :D

Thanks for helping me out to understand this! :)

vdr1981 01-19-19 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2587240)
It’s a known thing, coming from TDW electric engine ratio patch.

If you want to get back normal telegraph needle, you have to deactivate in generic patcher all the Electric Engine Ratio patches (and all dependencies)
From memory there are 2 or 3 to deactivate.
Keep in mind you will lost TDW electric settings doing so.

Sure, but he said that the problem can be observed both while submerged or surfaced, which should not be the case. I'm not really sure what is going on...

vdr1981 01-19-19 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosenoodles (Post 2587238)

You should really check TWoS documentation folder and quick start manual first. It will clear a lot of doubts for you...:yep:

Tonci87 01-20-19 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonci87 (Post 2587080)
So, I´m quoting this really old post because I´m bothered by the gyro stabilized deck gun sight, and I can not find a solution for that.

If you use the deck gun the sight will be stabilized, but the gun barrel will swing up and down with the movement of the sub. If you are in the optics mode, there is no way to judge when the gun is actually pointing at your target instead of the sky, or the sea in front of your boat.
Is there any way to remove the sight stabilization, so that the sight aims down the barrel at all times?

Thank you.

$$Does nobody have a solution for this?

Fifi 01-20-19 07:13 AM

The deck gun sight allows you 2 different magnifications.
The first one, you see your gun extremity, the second you don’t see it.
I almost always use the first one, and i wait for the gun to be quite stabilized near the horizontal aiming line before firing :yep:

Tonci87 01-20-19 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2587505)
The deck gun sight allows you 2 different magnifications.
The first one, you see your gun extremity, the second you don’t see it.
I almost always use the first one, and i wait for the gun to be quite stabilized near the horizontal aiming line before firing :yep:

That doesn´t really help though, because you are basically forced to use the gun without magnification.

Fifi 01-20-19 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonci87 (Post 2587538)
That doesn´t really help though, because you are basically forced to use the gun without magnification.

No, use the first magnification

Tonci87 01-20-19 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2587553)
No, use the first magnification

Yes, that is what I mean, its a very low degree of magnification.

Fifi 01-20-19 04:01 PM

:hmmm: it’s enough for any gun engagement up to 3000m at least IMHO
I never use the big magnification unless sea is very calm.
Are you firing for very far?

Tonci87 01-20-19 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2587583)
:hmmm: it’s enough for any gun engagement up to 3000m at least IMHO
I never use the big magnification unless sea is very calm.
Are you firing for very far?

I´m trying :D
But even on medium ranges it is not easy to hit the target if your barrel is swinging up and down, and you do not have an indication when exactly it is centered on the range you dialed in.