SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 02-21-17 08:51 AM

Uploading update 05i with correct script files this time...05g was actually missing some files. Check download section in a few minutes...

fitzcarraldo 02-21-17 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2467829)
Uploading update 05i with correct script files this time...05g was actually missing some files. Check download section in a few minutes...

OK. Many thanks!

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

vdr1981 02-21-17 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2467836)
OK. Many thanks!

You're quite welcome !:salute:

As soon as you guys have some results with new update and optional test mod, please bring them up. dbgview view log would also be very useful too...:yep:

Muckenberg 02-21-17 11:40 AM

Hi Vecko
I would like to ask whether it is normal for me BDU does not reply to messages sent to the member or the state of the submarine. The previous version of this mode of communication while seamlessly work with this version so far nothing. Perhaps there is an error in my installation I do not know.
I also want to ask whether, if it was a big deal to equip the destroyer and side thrower depth charges. The game is so armed frigate.
And the last question is can somehow adjust water geyser after the explosion of depth charges? After all, this geyser in the current version is the weakest link in the graphic design of the game. Thanks for any reply and sorry for my English.
And doing a really good job for SH5 community.

OldCoder 02-21-17 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2466655)
Hi OC
It will depend on what keyboard system you are using.
Rudder amidships on my system is the hash key.
Some keys always seem to work differently than the F1 keyboard layout even in the stock game.
Peter

Thanks, it turns out that Keypad 0 is rudder amidships but my numlock was off. Since I can't be hassled with that numlock on/off situation, I used the SH_Keymapper tool from the forum to remap a couple of keys from the keypad to the main keyboard. Problem solved!

fitzcarraldo 02-21-17 06:01 PM

Two test with update 5i:

In the two test, when starting the campaign from main menu, appears the negative message.

Save/reload and now appears the positive meesage (great!).

Change turm to VIIB, go to boat; appears possitive message on the boat in bunker (great!).

Transfers from CW to HT successful in both tests.

Now starting a third test, with dbgview active.

It seems there is a problem, now, when you start the campaign (selecting kaleun name, etc), and load the first display in the bunker.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

fitzcarraldo 02-21-17 06:50 PM

Third test Update 5i with news:

All OK with possitive messages loading campaign, and on boat.

Trip to June 1-1940, I received a radio message about failed transfer (first ever I receive this message in all the tests).

Save/reload campaign.

I receive a possitive message from the script.

Navigation until June 2-1940, save and reload.

I receive a possitive message from the script.

Navigation until June 3-1940. Transfer display appears. Transfer to HT OK.

Load the saved campaign (HT).

I receive a negative message from the script.

Save/reload

I receive a negative message from the script.

Start HT June 15-1940.

dbgview don´t want to save my logs (damn...), goes to CTD. Next test I copy/paste the log in a text file. Sorry for this.

Best regards.

OldCoder 02-22-17 04:34 AM

Thanks, that's looking quite positive for the script to correctly indicate whether the campaign initialised correctly or not.

Quote:

Trip to June 1-1940, I received a radio message about failed transfer (first ever I receive this message in all the tests)
I don't know about that part. Maybe Vecko has some information on it.

vdr1981 02-22-17 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldCoder (Post 2468014)
Thanks, that's looking quite positive for the script to correctly indicate whether the campaign initialised correctly or not.

Yes, it's my "fault"... I'm optimizing various TWoS files for potential campaign transfer issues. :yep: This is one of instructional campaign radio messages which will player receive when close to campaign chapter ending date...

https://s6.postimg.org/qibir0cc1/SH5...0_16_16_03.jpg

fitzcarraldo 02-22-17 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldCoder (Post 2468014)

The script seems working better but there are randomly negative messages with good transfers.

Regards.

OldCoder 02-22-17 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2468076)
The script seems working better but there are randomly negative messages with good transfers.

I would look at it as a stamp of trust, that if the script reports "in good order" you know that the test objective it created live at the beginning of the session has been successfully marked complete by the SH5 campaign and that the campaign advance system (possibly even the tonnage bar/tonnage based missions if they were to be tested again for certain missions) would be predictable.

However, if the script reports "problem detected", the test objective either failed to create or failed to be marked complete. Both are possible, given that I've seen the campaign load fail in those ways, and IMO, the behaviour of that campaign session is unpredictable.

This is all assuming that testing concludes that my detection methods are correct (they may or may not be), and that I removed remaining bugs from the script (I may or may not have!). :) All things considered though, the detection is a useful indicator which, given a lack of a root cause fix to the SH5/OSI communication pipe, may be the only alternative available now.

DbgView log with filter set to to the process id's of osi.exe and sh5.exe always reveals the reason for the "problem detected" test result.

GT182 02-22-17 01:18 PM

I've installed WOS 1.06 and SH5 won't start. It's saying that the Missionterrain.dll is missing and to reinstall it. Where would I get it from... the WOS super mod or from a copy I have of the SH5 install?

One other question... will the Type IX boats show up ingame at a later campaign date. If not can the IX mod be added in after all of the other mods in WOS 1.6?

skin-nl 02-22-17 02:45 PM

With update 5i and the campaign advance verifier installed, i just need 1 reload. So far so good......thnx guys :up:

More testing coming up in the next few days!!!!

Michael

fitzcarraldo 02-22-17 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldCoder (Post 2468082)
I would look at it as a stamp of trust, that if the script reports "in good order" you know that the test objective it created live at the beginning of the session has been successfully marked complete by the SH5 campaign and that the campaign advance system (possibly even the tonnage bar/tonnage based missions if they were to be tested again for certain missions) would be predictable.

However, if the script reports "problem detected", the test objective either failed to create or failed to be marked complete. Both are possible, given that I've seen the campaign load fail in those ways, and IMO, the behaviour of that campaign session is unpredictable.

This is all assuming that testing concludes that my detection methods are correct (they may or may not be), and that I removed remaining bugs from the script (I may or may not have!). :) All things considered though, the detection is a useful indicator which, given a lack of a root cause fix to the SH5/OSI communication pipe, may be the only alternative available now.

DbgView log with filter set to to the process id's of osi.exe and sh5.exe always reveals the reason for the "problem detected" test result.

Now I´m testing Coastal Waters to Happy Times, ever with the CW campaign test by Vecko. I save and reload seven times the game in bunker, first display when game loads (not on boat), until I obtained in the bunker a possitive message. The previous six messages were all negatives. This means should we load and save the game until we have a possitive message for have some security - or all the security - for a succesful transfer? In previuos test I had negative messages and the transfers were successful.
Using Update 5i.

Best regards.

OldCoder 02-22-17 07:54 PM

Yes but dbgview logs will tell us if the message is correct each time. Thx.