SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Tonci87 01-04-17 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2455981)
Air raid siren...:o:ping:

https://youtu.be/Q8FlRZSAbZo

:salute:

OMG that is awesome.

I live in Germany, and my town has the most intact Air raid siren system in the country. Most towns disassembled the Sirens after the cold war due to cost reasons.
They are now used for disaster warnings and to assemble the volunteer firefighters. So every time when there is a large fire those things sound off all over town. Itīs eerie and really makes you feel uncomfortable, especially when they make those really long sounds, not the short ones as in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LesyXfDhqSc

vdr1981 01-04-17 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonci87 (Post 2456072)
Itīs eerie and really makes you feel uncomfortable, especially when they make those really long sounds, not the short ones as in this video

Yep, listened those a lot back in 1999...:03:

skin-nl 01-05-17 08:52 AM

Everbody a happy new year :up:

Trevally. 01-05-17 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2455525)
Happy New Year everybody ! :salute:

Happy New Year all:Kaleun_Cheers:

Trevally. 01-05-17 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2455981)
Air raid siren...:o:ping:

:salute:

Nice:up:

OT: 120 sec between posts?:o

vdr1981 01-05-17 04:30 PM

Update 04 changelog so far. As always, the update will be patrol friendly although some changes may be visible after campaign restart or after advancement to the next campaign chapter...:yep:
Quote:

No.04
- U-Flak museum missing coning tower rendering fix.
- Monsoon campaign, added missing allied Subs campaign layer.
- Harbors air raid warning sirens in allied and axis ports.
- Addressed rare CTD issue caused by an unknown AI script when friendly warship detects enemy unit while friendly AI subs are present in the area.
- Added docked/inactive sub units to axis ports which will not cause CTDs.
- Submarines generator nodes moved away from home ports.
- Revised Type II campaign layers.
- Added submarines to recognition manual.
- Revised air raids threat zones for all campaigns.
- New historical mission : 1943 Brest Air Raid.
- Added ships warning sirens/horns and star-shell guns for several more merchant types.
- Removed rusty VIIA external textures since many players didn't like them.
- Few minor tweaks and fixes.

blkdimnd 01-05-17 05:59 PM

Awesome!!

Hotjoe 01-06-17 09:18 AM

Hello Everyone :) Just had a quick question

Step 1:
Make a clean SH5 installation and make sure that the game is patched to official v1.2.0. It is recommended for you to use "custom"installation option and to check "German voices". Note that the expansion is optimized for game installation in English language texts with German voices.

I installed via Uplay and it did not give me the option for a custom installation. Or am I missing something here?:06:

fitzcarraldo 01-06-17 09:57 AM

Waiting Update 4!

Many thanks!

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

palmic 01-06-17 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominatus (Post 2455975)
Just come back to the SH world after a few year long break.
Currently playing TWOS, and merely wanted to pop in to say a huge thank you to all those involved in creating this fantastic megamod.
In the midst of a campaign on 93% realism (would have been 100%, but I can't resist the external camera...) and I have to say it's the most engrossing experience I've had in a subsim to date.
Using the Enigma is a fantastic experience & learning about how it worked was fascinating. The 4 bearing method is driving me mad in a pleasant kind of way, and I've finally got used to the RAOBF visual method, after initially playing with the attack disk.
Thanks again to you all, and wishing everyone here a happy 2017 :Kaleun_Salute:

Welcome back sir and congratulations! :Kaleun_Applaud:

If you use RAOBF and 4 bearings method, i hope youll like these 2 approaches:
Real navigation target motion analysis cheatsheet
The Wolves of Steel - How to prepare torpedo Attack with basic trigonometry

:Kaleun_Salute:

blkdimnd 01-06-17 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotjoe (Post 2456297)
Hello Everyone :) Just had a quick question

Step 1:
Make a clean SH5 installation and make sure that the game is patched to official v1.2.0. It is recommended for you to use "custom"installation option and to check "German voices". Note that the expansion is optimized for game installation in English language texts with German voices.

I installed via Uplay and it did not give me the option for a custom installation. Or am I missing something here?:06:

I had to manually copy the German Movie and Sound folders from \Silent Hunter 5\data\LngGameData\Voices\German\Data to \Silent Hunter 5\data

franz_the_cat 01-06-17 03:14 PM

How to use the sextant I have Wolves of Steel 1.06 installed?

Hi

How to use the sextant I have Wolves of Steel 1.06 installed? I do not know what I should click at the mouse or button button so the sun is next to the sea sky hrizont. I have the sextant from the navigator.

palmic 01-06-17 03:20 PM

Most mind blowing fact about enigma mod is that if British had this, it could won ww2 for them with few books from one ubote.

I didn't understand mod tutorial very clearly, so i was looking for more and in the final i learned how to use it from some real world description of enigma machine.

Sent from phone

palmic 01-07-17 11:05 AM

If i switch off monitor - CTD. 3/3 tries.
This never happend at a15, i have the same HW.

vdr1981 01-07-17 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2456547)
If i switch off monitor - CTD. 3/3 tries.
This never happend at a15, i have the same HW.

What do you mean by "switch off monitor"?

"a15" ?