SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

finchOU 12-01-15 05:32 PM

:wah::/\\!!

Small Modern Composite Merchant...3.5 meter draft..........14 m/s weather.....high waves. Well that sucks...

So early war depth keeping issues are modeled? How did you implement that? As a %...or what not?

finchOU 12-01-15 06:23 PM

I've got another issue......

I used to get a bouncing graphics when looking through a scope (attack, UZO, Obs, binocs) at ships and burning ships. I started a thread about it years ago and it seemed that all I had to do to fix the bouncing (more jittery up and down movement) was to mousewheel in. That fix worked...but ever since I've installed TWOS it's back and the mousewheel doesn't fix the problem anymore.

As far as graphics...I have everything max blast...except I have Gamma at about 50% and Anti aliasing is off (0%).

vdr1981 12-01-15 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finchOU (Post 2362914)
So early war depth keeping issues are modeled? How did you implement that? As a %...or what not?

Yes, TDW patcher deals with that although I think that now during entire war torp. depth dial will not be so precise anymore, there will always be some error, just as it should IMO...:yep:
Quote:

Originally Posted by finchOU (Post 2362922)
I used to get a bouncing graphics when looking through a scope (attack, UZO, Obs, binocs) at ships and burning ships. I started a thread about it years ago and it seemed that all I had to do to fix the bouncing (more jittery up and down movement) was to mousewheel in. That fix worked...but ever since I've installed TWOS it's back and the mousewheel doesn't fix the problem anymore.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean, can you post some screenshot?:hmmm:

finchOU 12-01-15 11:27 PM

I'm testing it with V sync turned off....seems to solve some of it....but I'll let you know.

Screen shot wont work because it's video.....

ColorKraken 12-02-15 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finchOU (Post 2362951)
I'm testing it with V sync turned off....seems to solve some of it....but I'll let you know.

Screen shot wont work because it's video.....

There is a program called "Fraps" that can be used to easily record video in games.

ColorKraken 12-02-15 03:29 AM

I have a few simple questions, I have been searching and looking for a chart of hotkeys for the game but cannot find any at all!

How do I pause the game and how do I open my compass?
Also when I open my binoculars I just have one round hole I see trough.
I saw on the a video someone having a more normal binocular and he also had a bearing indicator on top that changed according to what bearing he was looking at, how can I use this binoculars?

Also when I use scroll weel to change bearing, it's not very sensetive, it jumps over a some numbers even on minimal scroll movement. Is there any way to make it go 1 number at a time?
Thanks!

Sjizzle 12-02-15 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColorKraken (Post 2362965)
I have a few simple questions, I have been searching and looking for a chart of hotkeys for the game but cannot find any at all!

I saw on the a video someone having a more normal binocular and he also had a bearing indicator on top that changed according to what bearing he was looking at, how can I use this binoculars?

Also when I use scroll weel to change bearing, it's not very sensetive, it jumps over a some numbers even on minimal scroll movement. Is there any way to make it go 1 number at a time?
Thanks!

pausing the game hit backspace key,
yea the binocular from TwoS is 1 Round Hole and for normal binoculars is the default TDW's one or from MagUI,
to change the course with scroll pres shift key to scroll 1 by 1
and about compass i am not sure which one do mean here

ColorKraken 12-02-15 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2362967)
pausing the game hit backspace key,
yea the binocular from TwoS is 1 Round Hole and for normal binoculars is the default TDW's one or from MagUI,
to change the course with scroll pres shift key to scroll 1 by 1
and about compass i am not sure which one do mean here

Thank you for the fast reply!
Now I can set my bearing properly, very good.
I found another pair of binoculars that was mounted on the sub that had bearing wheel on it that I can use, Id prefer to have those in hand but I don't know if I can undo the modding for just binoculars.

I have a few more question, how to turn off the spacebar hotkey?
I accidentally hit spacebar while on deck and a torpedo was fired without warning:oops:, that is a very dangerous hotkey that is too easy to press by accident..
And does this mod include bug fixes, like for example the Torpedo speed bug?

finchOU 12-02-15 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColorKraken (Post 2362965)

Thanks!

If you click on your ...lets call it your "heading indicator" (using SH5 enhanced UI) it will pop up a compass.

If you've never used binoculars in real life then it might seem that if you look through two eye pieces that you'll get the imagine you desire (aka two semi circles).... but IRL.....you only get One round hole. So that's what's simulated.

As far as the relative bearing (heading) in the binocs ...it was taken out for realism....since you wouldn't get that IRL. I think you can Mod that yourself in TDW's UserOptionsFileEditor....

when you use the mouse wheel to change heading you'll get 5 degree increments as standard.....to go to 1 degree increments...hold the shift key while you scroll the mouse wheel. :rock:

finchOU 12-02-15 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColorKraken (Post 2362971)
Thank you for the fast reply!
Now I can set my bearing properly, very good.
I found another pair of binoculars that was mounted on the sub that had bearing wheel on it that I can use, Id prefer to have those in hand but I don't know if I can undo the modding for just binoculars.

I have a few more question, how to turn off the spacebar hotkey?
I accidentally hit spacebar while on deck and a torpedo was fired without warning:oops:, that is a very dangerous hotkey that is too easy to press by accident..
And does this mod include bug fixes, like for example the Torpedo speed bug?

The Binoculars with the heading.....is called the UZO. It is a targeting optic that is tied to your TDC (torpedo data computer)......exactly like the periscopes are, except it's main purpose was attacks on the surface. The disadvantage of the UZO is that it's attached to the boat so it's not as stable as looking through your binocs (as in IRL you can rock your body to counter the affect of a rocking boat and stablize your sight picture).

I have no idea how to 'turn off' the space bar....and yes I agree it's annoying as it's an auto fire for the deck gun.....which gives away your position rather easily.

ColorKraken 12-02-15 05:27 AM

I found how to see most hotkeys, F1 in game shows a keyboard map with hotkeys! :)

Dodo11 12-02-15 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColorKraken (Post 2362979)
I found how to see most hotkeys, F1 in game shows a keyboard map with hotkeys! :)

Check this link , scroll down for a complete list of keys.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=178048

ColorKraken 12-03-15 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dodo11 (Post 2363045)
Check this link , scroll down for a complete list of keys.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=178048

Thanks for the link!:up:

I have another question about this mod.
I'm playing the very first campaign.
I have now finished my first patrol.
But I cannot find any new mission to accept on the map after the breifing.
There is still 1 or 2 days left until deadline of the mission I did on my first patrol, so the other missions will not show up until then am I right?
What should I do?

Should I load my save when I'm outside of Keil harbor and wait 2 days and then enter bunker or is there any way to wait in bunker or accept the mission after I entered patrol 2?

Sjizzle 12-03-15 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColorKraken (Post 2363262)
Thanks for the link!:up:

I have another question about this mod.
I'm playing the very first campaign.
I have now finished my first patrol.
But I cannot find any new mission to accept on the map after the breifing.
There is still 1 or 2 days left until deadline of the mission I did on my first patrol, so the other missions will not show up until then am I right?
What should I do?

Should I load my save when I'm outside of Keil harbor and wait 2 days and then enter bunker or is there any way to wait in bunker or accept the mission after I entered patrol 2?

if u mean the Danzing bay mission then u must got a radio message which one say to dock at Kiel navigate and dock at Kiel and from there u got another mission from the Officer

THEBERBSTER 12-03-15 06:06 AM

Hi ColorKraken

The Wolves Of Steel Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) & Game Tips (Please Look Here First Before Posting A Question)

- I've arrived in Kiel but I cant select Eastern British Coastal Waters objective, only Danzing objective is available?
Campaign objectives are date controlled and EBCW objective will not be available until 4th September 1939.

Peter