SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] We Dive at Dawn (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=170639)

Sepp von Ch. 06-05-10 08:41 AM

Well done! Thank you very much!:up:

Beware of my Tally-Ho Japs!:ahoy:

G.K. 06-05-10 10:37 AM

HMS Templar now ready to sail, thanks to all the authors of the mod!:salute:

Bubblehead1980 06-05-10 03:03 PM

Won't have a chance to check this out for a few days.Anyone played it yet? how is it thus far? Hopefully someone can help them get British voices, would add to it big time.Did the Brits really say "action stations!" instead of battle stations or general quarters? saw that in a show once about a Brit sub that sank a German U boat off Norway towards end of war. :arrgh!:

Nisgeis 06-05-10 04:10 PM

Yes action stations is correct.

keltos01 06-05-10 05:32 PM

Thank you !!!!!

looking forward to play this campaign with the T class boat !

keltos

Turbografx 06-05-10 05:57 PM

Hey Lurker,

Will you be doing a higher-res skin for the T-class? It is a neat sub.

keltos01 06-06-10 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbografx (Post 1412779)
Hey Lurker,

Will you be doing a higher-res skin for the T-class? It is a neat sub.

there will soon be a higher resolution model of the T boat and new textures.

The original model was made for GWX for SHIII by JU_88
, he allowed me to import it into SHIV. I made two Dazzle skins if you want higher res skins, but as I said a new one will come quite soon.

Lurker made the campaign, not the T-Class mod.

I had help from Peabody in making the new British gun, I made the British torpedoes too, and the 10 fore tubes setup etc... it took a lot of hard work..

regards

keltos

kiwi_2005 06-06-10 11:16 AM

ah time to try out Keltos sub. :up:

I just realize im running out of drive space for sh4, when i created a partition drive i thought 30gigs would be more than enough for SH4, its hitting 29.2gigs now :o I will have to expand it maybe to be on the safe side i should make it 100gigs :). Doesn't help either that i have 2 of the same mod stored one in the mods folder the other still in its zip form.

GerritJ9 06-06-10 11:45 AM

Not quite sure if these are campaign bugs or inherent to the "T" class sub mod but reporting them anyway:
1) fuel remained at 100% throughout the first patrol, though battery did run down while submerged and recharged when on surface.
2) on first patrol sub was equipped with British torpedoes, just started second patrol and sub is now equipped with US Mk. 14s.
3) at end of first patrol decorated with US Silver Star rather than British medal such as DSC or DSO, but no doubt this will be rectified in update.

Otherwise, well done indeed- this makes a very welcome and refreshing change after umpteen patrols on "S" class and up!

BillBam 06-06-10 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwi_2005 (Post 1413221)
ah time to try out Keltos sub. :up:

I just realize im running out of drive space for sh4, when i created a partition drive i thought 30gigs would be more than enough for SH4, its hitting 29.2gigs now :o I will have to expand it maybe to be on the safe side i should make it 100gigs :). Doesn't help either that i have 2 of the same mod stored one in the mods folder the other still in its zip form.

Time to get a cheap external hard drive for the zip files!:har:

lurker_hlb3 06-06-10 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GerritJ9 (Post 1413242)
Not quite sure if these are campaign bugs or inherent to the "T" class sub mod but reporting them anyway

Quote:

fuel remained at 100% throughout the first patrol
will look into it

Quote:

sub is now equipped with US Mk. 14s
will correct in first patch

Quote:

at end of first patrol decorated with US Silver Star rather than British medal such as DSC or DSO, but no doubt this will be rectified in update.
There were no changes to stock medals. I may correct it in the future

GerritJ9 06-06-10 02:36 PM

Thanks for the quick reply, Lurker! If I find any other bugs I'll report them as well.

cgjimeneza 06-06-10 03:55 PM

tnkx

gracias Lurker....

GerritJ9 06-06-10 05:52 PM

Further to item 2) US Mk. 14s on patrol 2: on patrol 1, with British torpedoes, tubes 7-10 were non-reloadable externals, only 1-6 could be reloaded. With US Mk. 14s on patrol 2, all ten tubes are reloadable until reloads run out- was able to reload 7 and 10 as well as 1 ,4 ,5 and 6.

SkyBaron 06-06-10 06:44 PM

this sounds intersting! Have to try this one out.

Here's an idea, maybe some sound editing guru could edit a few phrases from the original movie and adapt them to use in SH4 like the Das Boot sound mod.

The movie seems to be in public domain and available here:

http://www.archive.org/details/We_Dive_at_Dawn_1943