SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Subsim Events & Activities (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=236)
-   -   *** HMS Thanatus discussion and news ticker *** (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=152009)

baggygreen 05-29-09 06:38 AM

thats a bit of a shame really.. end of the day it is only a game. I dunno if you paid much attention to the last one or not, but similar events happened there with penny as ringleader, and people tried to get around it. In the end, it was a close finish.

Hey, I've been locked in the brig for a number of days with no ingame contact, but you play the hand you're dealt ingame :)

I hope you reconsider the ignore bit, that seems really OTT.:-?

Jimbuna 05-29-09 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JALU3 (Post 1108739)
I have decided to quit the game. I have attempted to ask the group as well as the GM how to use the "power" of my position in order to fish out the "mafia" and have recieved zero response. :down:
I have placed all people who have voted to lynch me on my permanent ignore list.:nope:
Good'ay

You suprise and disappoint me sir....I am probably the only contestant who is publicly challenging not only the leadership but also the two camps that so obviously exist.

It is far better to try and fail than be acquiescent and do nothing.

A polite and respectful "shame on you" :nope:

TarJak 05-29-09 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JALU3 (Post 1108739)
I have decided to quit the game. I have attempted to ask the group as well as the GM how to use the "power" of my position in order to fish out the "mafia" and have recieved zero response. :down:
I have placed all people who have voted to lynch me on my permanent ignore list.:nope:
Good'ay

:nope:Meh.

Jimbuna 05-29-09 06:58 AM

Can you tell us what he was? :hmmm:

I mean in the context of the game...Monster or Human, as opposed to coward, bottler etc? :DL

TarJak 05-29-09 07:07 AM

No blood sample. Refused to give a test so heavily suspect.

baggygreen 05-29-09 07:14 AM

I dont think he was a monster though, there was no description of it in the thread..

Nisgeis 05-29-09 07:37 AM

Well, not that you can read this, but you saying about the mafia game was in the in character thread, so I took it as you were talking about it in character. If you'd have posted here, I would have explained that scientist is not a special class and do not have a special ability like the investigator or policeman, the classes are listed in the first post of the sign up thread and tells you what they are and what you can do.

Oberon 05-29-09 07:55 AM

Jim, you've turned my character into a paranoid man with a knife... :har:
Now I can really have some fun :arrgh!:

Jimbuna 05-29-09 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oberon (Post 1108810)
Jim, you've turned my character into a paranoid man with a knife... :har:
Now I can really have some fun :arrgh!:

Precisely....that's what we are all trying to do :DL

But wait...did you vote or just hide in the rescue sub, shatting your pants? :hmmm:

Oberon 05-29-09 08:28 AM

Didn't vote because I was at work, so yeah, hiding in the rescue sub whilst shatting my pants and sharpening my precious...erm...I mean, my knife, would be the order of the day :yeah:

Jimbuna 05-29-09 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna (Post 1108771)
Can you tell us what he was? :hmmm:

I mean in the context of the game...Monster or Human, as opposed to coward, bottler etc? :DL

BUMP!!

Letum 05-29-09 10:40 AM

He was a human.
Unless I mention different, assume that everyone that dies is a human.

The identity of guardians and seers is reveled to two random survivors after the death of the seer/guardian.
The identity of monsters is make obvious, if not explicit, to all after their death.

Jimbuna 05-29-09 10:56 AM

Oh bugga!

Back to the drawing board.

Silverraptor 05-29-09 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Letum (Post 1108917)
He was a human.
Unless I mention different, assume that everyone that dies is a human.

The identity of guardians and seers is reveled to two random survivors after the death of the seer/guardian.
The identity of monsters is make obvious, if not explicit, to all after their death.

Like me!:up:

I was bugging him alot that if I got lynched to make me transform before hand. If I was going to die and get revealed for it anyways, why go do without a fight, right?:know:

Edit: Just checked the game thread and I found this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderseaLcpl (Post 1108525)
Investigation Lynch vote is for Jalu3
Leader vote Abstain

Jalu3 is being subjected to a lynch vote because he has absolutely refused to cooperate. We are by no means certain that he is an enemy, but he is ading our enemies by forcing us to waste time and effort that would bebetter spent discovering traitors.

And you wonder why so many people came to support me or abstain. The fact that you will lynch them if they don't cooperate is motive enough to rebel against you. I've heard a phrase that I disagree with entirely that states, "Fear ensures loyalty". We'll I think you helped prove that that phrase is false and fear makes people distrust the one who's causing it.

Edit:Edit: Yay! My signature is fixed!:yeah:

UnderseaLcpl 05-29-09 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverraptor
And you wonder why so many people came to support me or abstain. The fact that you will lynch them if they don't cooperate is motive enough to rebel against you. I've heard a phrase that I disagree with entirely that states, "Fear ensures loyalty". We'll I think you helped prove that that phrase is false and fear makes people distrust the one who's causing it.

And yet....