SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 01-24-15 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oby (Post 2281284)
Hi

Can you tell me where can I find Less accurate AI gunners mod or which files the mod changes and how?

Thanks.

The file is data/library/ship parts/guns radars 01.sim. Tweaks are reduced elevation speeds of the guns and fire tolerances. There is no standalone version yet...

Ship Hunter 01-24-15 01:43 PM

After a few years absence I came back installing SH5 after seeing a good megamod / mod compilation.

I just installed it and everything works so far - so thank you! But...there is one thing, the TAI Map is just showing nothing. It is just a transparent thing when I activate it. I see the maximize button etc. but not the map itsel (yes I activated the TAI - not the problem).

Any ideas please?!

vdr1981 01-25-15 09:50 AM

After some time, I'm uploading a fresh version of the megamod. Here's the rough changelog...

The Wolves of Steel 1.03 - Subsim Community SH5 Megamod Changelog:
- Enabled TAI map
- Rendering distance set to 60Km (TDW generic patcher)
- Waves settings compatible with TDW 60m/s wind patch
- Adjusted menu.txt file for the use with TWoS

Added mods
- TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_168_0
- Updated versions of already contained mods
- sobers removed Z dat ships
- Pascal-sh5-VIIC/B-correct periscope in tube
- torpedoes_g7a-e(.zon)
- Ship zon Files_Capsize
- Sjizzle's - Charts for NewUIs part 4_20.07.2013
* Readme files for added mods can be found in TWoS documentation folder

Removed mods
- HydrophoneFollowNearestContactFix_For_NewUIs_TDC_7 _1_0_To_7_5_0
- Realistic Hydrophones v1.1

Install instructions in the first post are also edited so make sure to check for changes before you start with instalation.
JSGME is now also present in the main archive.

:salute::salute::subsim:

Salvadoreno 01-25-15 12:48 PM

I am having a real hard time with the tdw generic patcher. Before i enabled the WoS mod should i have taken the tdw patcher out? I have a TDW folder in my main sh5 folder which doesnt work, when i click it this error message pops up:

"Missing Folder: c:/Ubisoft/Silent Hunter 5/TDW_Generic Patcher_v_1_164_0/MODS

I also have the TDW generic patcher folder in the WoS mod folder.. Which doesnt work with the same error message also.

I found that when i go to data/applications there is a generic patcher folder in there that works...

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure if i should follow the steps there.. When i first tried it it didnt seem clean as i was going through the mod list and step 6 never applied.

vdr1981 01-25-15 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salvadoreno (Post 2281725)
I am having a real hard time with the tdw generic patcher. Before i enabled the WoS mod should i have taken the tdw patcher out? I have a TDW folder in my main sh5 folder which doesnt work, when i click it this error message pops up:

"Missing Folder: c:/Ubisoft/Silent Hunter 5/TDW_Generic Patcher_v_1_164_0/MODS

I also have the TDW generic patcher folder in the WoS mod folder.. Which doesnt work with the same error message also.

I found that when i go to data/applications there is a generic patcher folder in there that works...

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure if i should follow the steps there.. When i first tried it it didnt seem clean as i was going through the mod list and step 6 never applied.

Are you using latest version? If you're not sure what are you doing it's really better to re-install the game completely and delete all the savegames and settings from my documents folder...

Regarding that message of yours, I really dont get it....The folder is there...

nom4d 01-25-15 02:16 PM

Have some problem with step 6, what I must to do??

vdr1981 01-25-15 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nom4d (Post 2281748)
Have some problem with step 6, what I must to do??

Get familiar with TDW generic patcher, this mod is crucial for SH5...
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=211804
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=205620
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=181433
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGvr8KnDiwY

Rippersport 01-26-15 10:40 AM

Hey.

I have been a fan of Silent Hunter since the first one and I bought Sh5 a couple of years ago but I really didn't get into it because of the bugs and stuff. I have tried to get into the modding and have spent hours reading on forum and downloading mods, but it's just to immensive for me and in the end I get scared away.

Now I found this and it's just amazing, fast download and easy to install and now I'm finaly playing Sh5 and enjoying it. So a huge thanks from me and everyone who isn't a magician with the computer/modding.

One more thing, I have the steam version so I can't use the generic patcher, so I was wondering is it woth it to get the cd version? What am I missing? If it's just some bugfix and som features I don't thing I'll bother, but if it's like a new game I might get the cd version.

Thanks.

Jimbuna 01-26-15 12:47 PM

Always good to have a physical cd version.

Welcome :sunny:

Myxale 01-26-15 01:03 PM

Coming from the SH3 crowd I only bought SH5 to support the devs, and only played it once, before shelving it and returning to SH3GWX.
It was a incredible mess back then.

But now after many years and tons of mods i gave it another go and installed your Mega-mod immediately. Not regretting it so far. Right now I'm exploring the Sub.

Have a kudos :salute:

vladimir bondarenko 01-26-15 01:26 PM

vdr1981, please give a link to the mod FXU_0_0_22_Shells Explosions_No Debris, and Disabled Unrealistic Commands. and Large Optics for TDW UI 16 by 9, and Large Optics for TDW UI Manos Scopes Glass Effects, and IRAI_0_0_41_Sensors Difficulty Settings (init.aix)_v0.1, Reworked U-boat Guns (incomplete version), Shells_zon, R.S.D. - Less Accurate AI Gunners, sobers removed Z dat ships, KDB+GHG Upgrade, Pascal-sh5-VIIC-correct periscope in tube, pascal-sh5-VIIB-correct periscope in tube, torpedoes_g7a-e(.zon), Ship zon Files_Capsize, TDW_User Options _7_5_0_v18-No Real Nav, Vecko - Compatibility Patches and Tweaks 7_5_0-No Real Nav

vdr1981 01-27-15 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vladimir bondarenko (Post 2281981)
vdr1981, please give a link to the mod FXU_0_0_22_Shells Explosions_No Debris, and Disabled Unrealistic Commands. and Large Optics for TDW UI 16 by 9, and Large Optics for TDW UI Manos Scopes Glass Effects, and IRAI_0_0_41_Sensors Difficulty Settings (init.aix)_v0.1, Reworked U-boat Guns (incomplete version), Shells_zon, R.S.D. - Less Accurate AI Gunners, sobers removed Z dat ships, KDB+GHG Upgrade, Pascal-sh5-VIIC-correct periscope in tube, pascal-sh5-VIIB-correct periscope in tube, torpedoes_g7a-e(.zon), Ship zon Files_Capsize, TDW_User Options _7_5_0_v18-No Real Nav, Vecko - Compatibility Patches and Tweaks 7_5_0-No Real Nav

Those addons/mods/tweaks are specially made for TWoS and they are not available for public download yet, most of them. I'm still working on them...

PrEZeX 01-27-15 02:01 PM

Firstly, thank you vdr for this wonderful mod-pack and thank you all the mod authors for your hard work.
I have a question regarding the use of flak gun/radar/deck gun while surfaced. Sometimes when I'm surfaced I cannot order my crew to man the guns or use the radar. I can also see that the "you are under water" icon is flashing sporadically. You can test it for yourselves using the "air-to-air test" historical mission. The wind speed is just 5m/s (it´s only light breeze) so manning the guns and using the radar should not be a problem.

vladimir bondarenko 01-27-15 02:09 PM

It is clear..... And tell me this moment, fashion SubFlags_0_0_9_byTheDarkWraith, SubExhaust_1_0_5_byTheDarkWraith, Harbour_Mod_by_HanSolo78_reworked_for_OHIIv2.4_by_ Trevally, TDW_Ship_Inertia_1_1_0, and IRAI_0_0_41_Inertia_Damage.., it is possible to install in your Assembly???? I would want to have in this megamode!!!!

PrEZeX 01-27-15 11:12 PM

Does anybody know what's the difference between using the battlestations key (F1) vs the option in the officer menu? I can see that it is possible to use both at the same time (it shows different icons in the upper right corner of the screen). Why is it so and which "version" should I use and why? This also applies to silent running.