SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

blkdimnd 12-16-16 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2452686)
@ Bidartarra:

First: welcome aboard! :Kaleun_Cheers:

Second:

You must be this when use the officers menu in the center of the GUI.
You can send a weather report, status report or contact report.

http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/...psbvw1tu2f.jpg

Also, when you interactuate with your radioman, you must see this, and select the option you need. In this menu there isnīt a weather report option, only contacts and status:

http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/...pse5vdjhlx.jpg

Or:

http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/...psyd1xlomn.jpg

Also, you can send orders to your radioman via "Fat" Dieter Epp; when interactuate with him, you have a menu with orders for the radioman: send reports, etc.

BTW, in my installation of TWoS, the reports are so bad as those of the weather service in my country. Now Iīm navigating in the Mediterranean, some clouds, calm waters, and the weather report is "Clouds heavy, 15m waves"...I think this is a persistent bug in SH5 stock.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

I have found for me the Radio Reports "Shortcuts" don't work at all. (The ones that you show in the first picture)

The only way I can get reports sent are my directly interacting with the radio man or through the First Officer's dialog when on the conning tower.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Bidartarra 12-17-16 02:44 AM

Thank you all for your replies,

I don't have any other mods besides TWoS and menu items are missing from dialogs for all the officers pretty much. Short cuts don't appear to work either (some do, some don't)

I use the steam version of sh5 and i followed the tutorial to properly install TWoS but I guess it didn't work in the end.

Edit: I reinstalled everything and it seems to be working now.

fitzcarraldo 12-17-16 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bidartarra (Post 2452740)
Thank you all for your replies,

I don't have any other mods besides TWoS and menu items are missing from dialogs for all the officers pretty much. Short cuts don't appear to work either (some do, some don't)

I use the steam version of sh5 and i followed the tutorial to properly install TWoS but I guess it didn't work in the end.

Edit: I reinstalled everything and it seems to be working now.

TWoS "as is" isnīt for an Steam version of the game. I have the downloaded version original since the launch of the game, year ago, bought in Ubisoft, plus the 1.2 patch.

Really I ignore all about Steam, I donīt have any game with that system.

For your security, I recommend you to buy the download or the DVD version (Amazon, for example). Now it is cheap.

Best regards and good luck!

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

Bidartarra 12-18-16 01:40 AM

I got it working now! Maybe I will buy the DVD one of these days though

elder_gutknecht 12-18-16 03:49 AM

Is it possible to add new songs and how many, in the gramophone folder without compromise game stability?

fitzcarraldo 12-18-16 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elder_gutknecht (Post 2452954)
Is it possible to add new songs and how many, in the gramophone folder without compromise game stability?

No problem. I added a lot of music and all works fine.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

pzrshrek 12-18-16 07:54 PM

impossible

I tried now for 3 days getting this to work, all is good exept:

1. despite all help in forum torps cant be shot AT targets, only hvy misses all around. i managed to hit a freighter from 600 metres point blank straight ahead but the other 3 torps missed by some metres. autotargeting with XO off, modded WoS as per instrouction so i can turn it off but it doesnt matter really, torps never go even close to where i want them to

2. deck gun is destroyed with this mod, it cant shoot automatic, so i have to man it and fire it point blank. Since it is impossible to aim due to waves along the gunsight is removed (seriously?!), i must be within 100 metres and even then i must wait for the right wave nanosecond to shoot.

Only way to sink a merchant with this mod is to ram it

No offence but this mod acually does the game even more unplayable than stock.

So my tip for anybody who wants to install this, be forewarned! You need atleast advanced knowledge of computer modding, atleast 5-10 hrs to get it work, and most recommended an exam in submarine navigation and calculation

elder_gutknecht 12-19-16 02:10 AM

Rough sea, big waves turn your deck gun unuseful, you can't move the sight but you can move your sub to see objetive and shoot

vdr1981 12-19-16 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2452988)
No problem. I added a lot of music and all works fine.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

I can confirm this.. .

vdr1981 12-19-16 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pzrshrek (Post 2453107)

Right...

Bidartarra 12-19-16 04:10 AM

Quote:

1. despite all help in forum torps cant be shot AT targets, only hvy misses all around. i managed to hit a freighter from 600 metres point blank straight ahead but the other 3 torps missed by some metres. autotargeting with XO off, modded WoS as per instrouction so i can turn it off but it doesnt matter really, torps never go even close to where i want them to

2. deck gun is destroyed with this mod, it cant shoot automatic, so i have to man it and fire it point blank. Since it is impossible to aim due to waves along the gunsight is removed (seriously?!), i must be within 100 metres and even then i must wait for the right wave nanosecond to shoot.

No offence but this mod acually does the game even more unplayable than stock.

So my tip for anybody who wants to install this, be forewarned! You need atleast advanced knowledge of computer modding, atleast 5-10 hrs to get it work, and most recommended an exam in submarine navigation and calculation

The mod make the gameplay harder for sure but I've had no issues with the deck gun. There is an icon on the top left of your screen for sights btw.

As for the install, it's trickier with the Steam version for sure but quite doable. It took me less than an hour to get it in working order.

Navigation is way harder too especially since you can't plot a route and have the sub follow it automatically. That's maybe then only feature I miss from the stock game.

vdr1981 12-19-16 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bidartarra (Post 2453145)
The mod make the gameplay harder for sure but I've had no issues with the deck gun. There is an icon on the top left of your screen for sights btw.

As for the install, it's trickier with the Steam version for sure but quite doable. It took me less than an hour to get it in working order.

Navigation is way harder too especially since you can't plot a route and have the sub follow it automatically. That's maybe then only feature I miss from the stock game.

Why don't you disable optional real nav addon then and play with stock GPS navigation?

Bidartarra 12-19-16 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2453148)
Why don't you disable optional real nav addon then and play with stock GPS navigation?

I thought the real navigation addon also impacted the torpedo mechanism?

TheBeast 12-19-16 06:09 AM

Quote:

There is also a button on right side to turn on/off manual input. it is located in the middle top area of dials on right side. If manual input is enables auto-target will not work even with XO TDC turned off.
Quote:

Did you even try to shadow the ship/convoy until weather cleared? It may take days for foul weather to pass and clear up.
Quote:

The Silent Hunter series are MOD enhanced game/simulations. Some MOD knowledge is expected, at least the understanding to enable/disable MOD's using JSGME.
RTFM, it always helps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bidartarra (Post 2453145)

I agree with you here. I am the Skipper not the Navigator. It was cool at first but gets old pretty fast.
Using Generic Patcher you can disable Real Navigation so you can Plot a course. Maybe Vecko can help you out here. Maybe a Snapshot without Real Navigation...

Regards!
TheBeast

vdr1981 12-19-16 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bidartarra (Post 2453150)
I thought the real navigation addon also impacted the torpedo mechanism?

no, not at all...