SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Lanzfeld 09-18-16 10:05 PM

Kevinsue...thank you for the upload. I can't wait to try them tomorrow.

Ashikaga.......as far as the creaking goes I understand that the pressure hull would creak as you CHANGE depth to deeper and deeper but in the game when you are just cruising around at 30 meters (not very deep) the over loud repeating creaking sound is not realistic because you are not changing depth.

drakkhen20 09-19-16 02:08 AM

I went to use the sexton and found myself stuck on the screen with the sexton box options. When I hit the esc key it didn't even work. So I just started hitting buttons and the external view came up and then CTD. Anyone care to explain all what just happened? Is this a known bug or did I do something wrong or didn't do ?

vudriga 09-19-16 05:25 AM

I like submarine games, I realy do.

SH 3, masterpice.Stable as an Oak tree.

SH 5 looks superb.Sailing with real navigation or without, random CTD.With speech recognition mod or without, random CTD.Teleporting or walking, random CTD.

I also had 3 CTDs during operation drumbeat when nearing refuling ship, yes I did use high TC but wasn't less than 200 km from the red x mark on the map.Can it be that something on that sub is causing CTDs.

PS

Almost forgot, I have changed enemy detected to 1 in main.cfg

vdr1981 09-19-16 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobon (Post 2435411)
Yes, as I already said, I found it in the Museum, "medium PassAnger ship" and it was rendered ok...
[/COLOR]

I'm not following you there but if you ever find the solution for occasional ship textures problem , please let me know...:up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashikaga (Post 2435423)
What annoys me the most is that when I am in a storm and dive I can still hear the wind blowing even at 70 meters.
No solution for that yet I think.
Ashikaga.

As you can see in numerous youtube play trough videos, this should not be the case...

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakkhen20 (Post 2435452)
I went to use the sexton and found myself stuck on the screen with the sexton box options. When I hit the esc key it didn't even work. So I just started hitting buttons and the external view came up and then CTD. Anyone care to explain all what just happened? Is this a known bug or did I do something wrong or didn't do ?

Never had any issues with sextant use...

Quote:

Originally Posted by vudriga (Post 2435471)
SH 5 looks superb..Sailing with real navigation or without, random CTD.With speech recognition mod or without, random CTD.Teleporting or walking, random CTD.

Maybe wejust have different standards regarding our understanding what stable game actually is, but what you described there simply is not the case.

Yes, modded SH5 will never be stable as SH3 and SH4 because those games are not even closely modded as SH5 is, but looking at your previous post , it is pretty obvious that you are probably dealing with messed up installation .

Now , I'm not a psychic so so I can't simply know what did you do with your game (you could at least state your modlist if nothing else).

Those links in my signature are not there for nothing and it is pretty easy to notice when person with problem has ignored my numerous advices. So really, I don't have any more time (or will) to repeat the same story over and over again...:yep:

andycts 09-19-16 09:19 AM

Question about radio contacts

First of all a big thankyou to all the modders for making TWOS possible.I have had SH5 from release but have not played it until now after reading about the
mod in this forum.I never thought SH5 could be this enjoyable. My question is if i get a radio contact on the nav map and click on it is it possible to display the contacts approx speed and heading as in SH3.All i get at the moment is ship type(eg merchant)but no other info.Thanks & good hunting

elder_gutknecht 09-19-16 09:30 AM

A little bug that appears during all my flood emergency
The water drops in the screen are pixeled, only the drops, and looks like squares

chemist92 09-19-16 10:38 AM

Hi, first of all, thanks for this amazing mega mod.
Secondly, I'm translating to spanish the menu.txt, dialogs.tsr, UPCLocations.tsr and RadioMessages folder. My question is if translating the radio messages affects the enigma machine operation.

Thanks you for all and keep up the good work!!

SkyBaron 09-19-16 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chemist92 (Post 2435557)
Hi, first of all, thanks for this amazing mega mod.
Secondly, I'm translating to spanish the menu.txt, dialogs.tsr, UPCLocations.tsr and RadioMessages folder. My question is if translating the radio messages affects the enigma machine operation.

Thanks you for all and keep up the good work!!

Yes it will. The encrypted messages that come with TWOS are in English. If you want to translate the original messages to Spanish(I'm assuming Spanish because of your location) you have to use the EME application to encrypt the translated messages and place them in a new "Encrypted BdU Orders in Spanish" folder for people to enable.

You also may want to create coded representation of letters that use accent marks, for example NN = ñ, AA = á, etc.

Someone in the forum already translated the Enigma manual to Spanish, I asked him permission to upload it to the Enigma main thread but he hasn't answered yet.

chemist92 09-19-16 12:13 PM

Thank you for the answer. I'll try to translate and encript these messages using english intructions you have mentioned. I hope I can do it (with time), but if I can't do, I remain with english version XD

Lanzfeld 09-19-16 02:15 PM

QUESTIONS ANSWERED
Couple of things I noticed that I thought I would bring up as I don't see them anywhere.

1. The scale at the bottom left of NAV map is NOT accurate.........known?

YES...KNOWN.

2. There is a menu in the sonar operators station that allows you to open a menu to adjust the following parameters of the sonar man. Even after I set the angle to 10 degrees from 2 degrees the sonarman continued to report every degree. So conclusion......menu settings are useless?

Still no answer to this ^^^

Ashikaga 09-19-16 02:52 PM

@ Vecko.

I know it is not supposed to happen. But I somehow have a glitch which messes up audio tracks.

Which means I have double voices at times, as wel as voices stating things I never asked for or told them to do, as well as voices telling me we are running on Diesel while we clearly are running on electric, and voices telling me that tube 4 is filling with whater while I selected tube 2 et cetera.

So it must be some sound glitch somewhere. It is just annoying but no big deal. Mind you I run an ISO version of the game.

Still love it, as well as your hard work on the megamod.

Ashikaga.

Von_Stolzenberg 09-19-16 04:46 PM

hmm... I just discovered the new songs on the Grammophone...

found myself grinning and saying out loud "Jetzt sind wir die Tommies"

Good moment xD

Its a long way to Tipperary!

chemist92 09-19-16 05:39 PM

Get stuck in translation by enigma machine

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyBaron (Post 2435575)
Yes it will. The encrypted messages that come with TWOS are in English. If you want to translate the original messages to Spanish(I'm assuming Spanish because of your location) you have to use the EME application to encrypt the translated messages and place them in a new "Encrypted BdU Orders in Spanish" folder for people to enable.

You also may want to create coded representation of letters that use accent marks, for example NN = ñ, AA = á, etc.

Someone in the forum already translated the Enigma manual to Spanish, I asked him permission to upload it to the Enigma main thread but he hasn't answered yet.

I'm translating to spanish, but enigma messages....How to go back to english text from encrypted message? I think in game using enigma machine.... but is there another form to do it or I need to assume that is an impossible task?

Thank you in advance for answers and advices!

drakkhen20 09-19-16 05:54 PM

i posted a question last night but i cant find it. i just started playing WoS and i was trying to get the hane of real navigation and i went to play around with the sexton or sextant however or say it. it wouldnt close or exit the scope view and i started to press other view buttons until i got out to external view and it CTD. is this an ongoing issue or was there something i wasnt suppose to do?

kevinsue 09-19-16 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashikaga (Post 2435666)
@ Vecko.

I know it is not supposed to happen. But I somehow have a glitch which messes up audio tracks.

Which means I have double voices at times, as wel as voices stating things I never asked for or told them to do, as well as voices telling me we are running on Diesel while we clearly are running on electric, and voices telling me that tube 4 is filling with whater while I selected tube 2 et cetera.

So it must be some sound glitch somewhere. It is just annoying but no big deal. Mind you I run an ISO version of the game.

Still love it, as well as your hard work on the megamod.

Ashikaga.

It's not a problem with audio files. What you are hearing is just what is scripted in the Crew .aix files which may call up an animation and sound file depending on the event. Also Speech recognition can trigger some spontaneous events, especially with the Chief if the microphone picks up certain extraneous inputs.