SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 05-30-16 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vudriga (Post 2408206)
Hey

A Question.Is [B]RPM Hydrophone mod compatible wit your megamod.

No...

fitzcarraldo 05-30-16 12:13 PM

Journal

Issue: I want to open the Journal from the main menu and CTD.

Known problem?

Many thanks and best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

palmic 05-30-16 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vudriga (Post 2408206)
Hey

A Question.Is RPM Hydrophone mod compatible wit your megamod.

RPM Hydrophone mod

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...86&postcount=1

It enables ship class identification by hydro.Pretty good idea.

I was asking the same around christmas and VDR explained me its not very realistic feature.
I belive that :)

If you want to learn how to find out complete picture about target only by passive hydrophone usage read this thread :)

LCQ_SH 05-30-16 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2408140)
what :o:doh::dead::/\\!! do u use SH4 mods with sh5 ???? Webster's better waterline. is a Silent Hunter 4 mod !!!!!!!
no wonder that u have problem with the game....do not enable any additional mods after TWOS this is writed with read in TWoS documentation too and was said more then 100 times on this forum .....

Yep. . you are right. It might have mixed with my sh5 stuff when I was downloading stuff and I was not careful enough. . you know how is that called? human mistake. So dude. . chill out! :nope: :stare:

More over, Deckgun friendly wave, is recommended by Vecko, so as rusted Glory. and I am pretty sure the torps explosion fix does not mess up with the sub functionality so keep it cool...... man....

vdr1981 05-30-16 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2408233)
Issue: I want to open the Journal from the main menu and CTD.

Known problem?

Many thanks and best regards.

That is not a ctd. The game has just minimised it self in order to show you log editor.

fitzcarraldo 05-30-16 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2408299)
That is not a ctd. The game has just minimised it self in order to show you log editor.

...But the journal app donīt appears, and I need to restart SH5. More: sometimes I need to reset the PC.

Using W10.

Many thanks.

vdr1981 05-31-16 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2408303)
...But the journal app donīt appears, and I need to restart SH5. More: sometimes I need to reset the PC.

Using W10.

Many thanks.

Dunno...Works fine for me, Win7...:hmm2:Maybe you should post your problem in Win 10 thread...+

EDIT: or maybe is a unwonted effect of Mama's background processes tweak? Can you check that please?

vudriga 05-31-16 02:13 AM

Mitons speech recognition, in tandem with this mod is causing random CTDs.At first I thought it was just teleporting by speech, but yesterday I had a CTD by saying "hide clock".:hmmm:

And no, I don't belive it's because of TC compression, since I was always on TC 1.The baffling thing is randomness of the CTDs.Yesterday I managed to play historical mission without CTDs.With only WoS 1.05 main mod and Mitons 0.4.1 speech recognition mod.Of course Generic patcher was enabled as it should be, and ini files modified "by the book".:smug:

I suspect it's the updates that are causing the CTDs.Even the update No.03 (which has no added mods).

For me, speech recognition is A MUST for this game, immersion with it is a game changer.

vdr1981 05-31-16 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vudriga (Post 2408334)
Mitons speech recognition, in tandem with this mod is causing random CTDs.At first I thought it was just teleporting by speech, but yesterday I had a CTD by saying "hide clock".:hmmm:

And no, I don't belive it's because of TC compression, since I was always on TC 1.The baffling thing is randomness of the CTDs.Yesterday I managed to play historical mission without CTDs.With only WoS 1.05 main mod and Mitons 0.4.1 speech recognition mod.Of course Generic patcher was enabled as it should be, and ini files modified "by the book".:smug:

I suspect it's the updates that are causing the CTDs.Even the update No.03 (which has no added mods).

For me, speech recognition is A MUST for this game, immersion with it is a game changer.

Thanks for sharing but your comment is more suited for Speech recognition thread...:yep:

IIRC, there were always some random CTDs involved with that mod...:hmm2:

vdr1981 05-31-16 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LCQ_SH (Post 2408128)
WoS 1.05
update 13
Real nav.
Deckgun friendly wave
New torp explosion FX update
Rusted glory
Webster's better waterline.

Typed list of mods desn't mean anything to me because I have witnessed many times that people just don't know how to use JSGME properly...If you don't know how to export your modlist correctly take a screenshot of your JSGME...And if you really want to solve your issue, check my sig for issues report instructions...

THEBERBSTER 05-31-16 04:38 AM

Hi vudriga
I use the speech mod.
This mod is good for the basics like speed, depth,nav map switching, course changing, rig for silent running etc.
The command you are ordering is not recognized in the list of available commands.
Stoianm uses voice commands in some of his YouTube videos.
Peter

Bojanpopovic 05-31-16 10:06 AM

Why is written that Baltic operations is pending even if i had completed objectives? I have intercepted polish task force, than sunk polish merchant, and completed primary and secondary objectives. As Baltic operations deadline is 5 september, i was waiting in the open sea until deadline has passed. Than i came at Kiel on 6 september, enter bunker. When i quit game, it said that "First deployed" is completed and "Baltic operations" is pending.

fitzcarraldo 05-31-16 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2408331)
Dunno...Works fine for me, Win7...:hmm2:Maybe you should post your problem in Win 10 thread...+

EDIT: or maybe is a unwonted effect of Mama's background processes tweak? Can you check that please?

I donīt know. I set the Journal.exe in data/applications with administrator rights, security all off, but when in the main menu I click in my journal, SH5 minimized (unrecoverable), the Journal don't launch, and I must restart my PC. W10 issue, I think. I donīt believe it is because Mama settings.

Good to know if some user of W10 has the same problem with Journal.

BTW, I can see the Journal normally in game, and after save it, I received the panel for accept the new entries. All OK, but then, when go to main menu, I try to open the Journal and "CTD".

Best regards.

vdr1981 05-31-16 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2408454)
I donīt know. I set the Journal.exe in data/applications with administrator rights, security all off, but when in the main menu I click in my journal, SH5 minimized (unrecoverable), the Journal don't launch, and I must restart my PC. W10 issue, I think. I donīt believe it is because Mama settings.

Good to know if some user of W10 has the same problem with Journal.

BTW, I can see the Journal normally in game, and after save it, I received the panel for accept the new entries. All OK, but then, when go to main menu, I try to open the Journal and "CTD".

Best regards.

ShipsJournalEditor.exe is located in Silent Hunter 5/data/Aplications/Ships Journal Viewer-Editor folder...Can you start it manually and outside of the game?

fitzcarraldo 05-31-16 01:49 PM

I
Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2408464)
ShipsJournalEditor.exe is located in Silent Hunter 5/data/Aplications/Ships Journal Viewer-Editor folder...Can you start it manually and outside of the game?

Not yet. I will do that.

Only ingame: working on patrol and not working from main menu.

Many Thanks!