SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

fitzcarraldo 02-21-17 06:01 PM

Two test with update 5i:

In the two test, when starting the campaign from main menu, appears the negative message.

Save/reload and now appears the positive meesage (great!).

Change turm to VIIB, go to boat; appears possitive message on the boat in bunker (great!).

Transfers from CW to HT successful in both tests.

Now starting a third test, with dbgview active.

It seems there is a problem, now, when you start the campaign (selecting kaleun name, etc), and load the first display in the bunker.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

fitzcarraldo 02-21-17 06:50 PM

Third test Update 5i with news:

All OK with possitive messages loading campaign, and on boat.

Trip to June 1-1940, I received a radio message about failed transfer (first ever I receive this message in all the tests).

Save/reload campaign.

I receive a possitive message from the script.

Navigation until June 2-1940, save and reload.

I receive a possitive message from the script.

Navigation until June 3-1940. Transfer display appears. Transfer to HT OK.

Load the saved campaign (HT).

I receive a negative message from the script.

Save/reload

I receive a negative message from the script.

Start HT June 15-1940.

dbgview donīt want to save my logs (damn...), goes to CTD. Next test I copy/paste the log in a text file. Sorry for this.

Best regards.

OldCoder 02-22-17 04:34 AM

Thanks, that's looking quite positive for the script to correctly indicate whether the campaign initialised correctly or not.

Quote:

Trip to June 1-1940, I received a radio message about failed transfer (first ever I receive this message in all the tests)
I don't know about that part. Maybe Vecko has some information on it.

vdr1981 02-22-17 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldCoder (Post 2468014)
Thanks, that's looking quite positive for the script to correctly indicate whether the campaign initialised correctly or not.

Yes, it's my "fault"... I'm optimizing various TWoS files for potential campaign transfer issues. :yep: This is one of instructional campaign radio messages which will player receive when close to campaign chapter ending date...

https://s6.postimg.org/qibir0cc1/SH5...0_16_16_03.jpg

fitzcarraldo 02-22-17 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldCoder (Post 2468014)

The script seems working better but there are randomly negative messages with good transfers.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

OldCoder 02-22-17 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2468076)
The script seems working better but there are randomly negative messages with good transfers.

I would look at it as a stamp of trust, that if the script reports "in good order" you know that the test objective it created live at the beginning of the session has been successfully marked complete by the SH5 campaign and that the campaign advance system (possibly even the tonnage bar/tonnage based missions if they were to be tested again for certain missions) would be predictable.

However, if the script reports "problem detected", the test objective either failed to create or failed to be marked complete. Both are possible, given that I've seen the campaign load fail in those ways, and IMO, the behaviour of that campaign session is unpredictable.

This is all assuming that testing concludes that my detection methods are correct (they may or may not be), and that I removed remaining bugs from the script (I may or may not have!). :) All things considered though, the detection is a useful indicator which, given a lack of a root cause fix to the SH5/OSI communication pipe, may be the only alternative available now.

DbgView log with filter set to to the process id's of osi.exe and sh5.exe always reveals the reason for the "problem detected" test result.

GT182 02-22-17 01:18 PM

I've installed WOS 1.06 and SH5 won't start. It's saying that the Missionterrain.dll is missing and to reinstall it. Where would I get it from... the WOS super mod or from a copy I have of the SH5 install?

One other question... will the Type IX boats show up ingame at a later campaign date. If not can the IX mod be added in after all of the other mods in WOS 1.6?

skin-nl 02-22-17 02:45 PM

With update 5i and the campaign advance verifier installed, i just need 1 reload. So far so good......thnx guys :up:

More testing coming up in the next few days!!!!

Michael

fitzcarraldo 02-22-17 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldCoder (Post 2468082)
I would look at it as a stamp of trust, that if the script reports "in good order" you know that the test objective it created live at the beginning of the session has been successfully marked complete by the SH5 campaign and that the campaign advance system (possibly even the tonnage bar/tonnage based missions if they were to be tested again for certain missions) would be predictable.

However, if the script reports "problem detected", the test objective either failed to create or failed to be marked complete. Both are possible, given that I've seen the campaign load fail in those ways, and IMO, the behaviour of that campaign session is unpredictable.

This is all assuming that testing concludes that my detection methods are correct (they may or may not be), and that I removed remaining bugs from the script (I may or may not have!). :) All things considered though, the detection is a useful indicator which, given a lack of a root cause fix to the SH5/OSI communication pipe, may be the only alternative available now.

DbgView log with filter set to to the process id's of osi.exe and sh5.exe always reveals the reason for the "problem detected" test result.

Now Iīm testing Coastal Waters to Happy Times, ever with the CW campaign test by Vecko. I save and reload seven times the game in bunker, first display when game loads (not on boat), until I obtained in the bunker a possitive message. The previous six messages were all negatives. This means should we load and save the game until we have a possitive message for have some security - or all the security - for a succesful transfer? In previuos test I had negative messages and the transfers were successful.
Using Update 5i.

Best regards.

OldCoder 02-22-17 07:54 PM

Yes but dbgview logs will tell us if the message is correct each time. Thx.

vdr1981 02-25-17 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GT182 (Post 2468114)
I've installed WOS 1.06 and SH5 won't start. It's saying that the Missionterrain.dll is missing and to reinstall it. Where would I get it from... the WOS super mod or from a copy I have of the SH5 install?

Such issue has never been reported. It's probably something related to your system and/or game installation...

Quote:

One other question... will the Type IX boats show up ingame at a later campaign date. If not can the IX mod be added in after all of the other mods in WOS 1.6?
There is no type IX in SH5. Maybe I'll add AI type IX in future updates...

bandit484 02-25-17 07:01 PM

this time limit you have imposed on us using this mod sucks!!! It takes way too long to go anywhere on the map when we are constantly slowed down to 64 time compression.

vdr1981 02-26-17 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bandit484 (Post 2468736)
this time limit you have imposed on us using this mod sucks!!! It takes way too long to go anywhere on the map when we are constantly slowed down to 64 time compression.

This is not true at all, but anyway...

I am not "imposing" anything. I only use recommended settings as a starting point in the megamod (I had to start from somewhere, right? :hmm2:)

AFAIC, you can use any TC settings you want...

Note that in TWOS, TC settings can also be found in the appropriate section of OFEV too and not only in Main.cfg file...

elder_gutknecht 02-26-17 06:24 AM

New test, update 5i, wind & smoke mod

Load my save game but no campaign transfer mesage pop up, north sea 21/05/40
Bdu campaig message received 28/05/40/ 23:00, cease all combat operations and head for your home base ..., sailing anyway in north sea
Bdu campign message received 01/06/40 12:00, campaign/ flotilla transfer has failed to initialize ... donīt save and continue sailing in the north sea
02/06/40 transfer to HT automatically, now 15/06/40 and in bunker, save and reload, no other message

dgview log
http://www.mediafire.com/file/5p2bsf...6+part+two.LOG

Good hunting

vdr1981 02-26-17 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elder_gutknecht (Post 2468787)
New test, update 5i, wind & smoke mod

Load my save game but no campaign transfer mesage pop up, north sea 21/05/40
Bdu campaig message received 28/05/40/ 23:00, cease all combat operations and head for your home base ..., sailing anyway in north sea
Bdu campign message received 01/06/40 12:00, campaign/ flotilla transfer has failed to initialize ... donīt save and continue sailing in the north sea
02/06/40 transfer to HT automatically, now 15/06/40 and in bunker, save and reload, no other message

dgview log

Good hunting

Thanks ! :salute:

elder_gutknecht 02-26-17 07:05 AM

And my last test

Load saved game 31/05/40, failed and save, load this from menu and failed
load 3 time from menu 31/05/40 and failed
Exit game and reload 31/05/40 failed but HT transfer was right

degubview

Merkursus 02-26-17 07:11 AM

for some reason i have constantly the same weather.. is this a known bug?

vdr1981 02-26-17 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merkursus (Post 2468803)
for some reason i have constantly the same weather.. is this a known bug?

What do you mean by "constantly" ? 7 days or more maybe?

Merkursus 02-26-17 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2468817)
What do you mean by "constantly" ? 7 days or more maybe?

10+ days, Wind is always 2 m/s, sometimes its foggy.
Clouds do change, and so does the Water colour.

vdr1981 02-26-17 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merkursus (Post 2468819)
10+ days, Wind is always 2 m/s, sometimes its foggy.
Clouds do change, and so does the Water colour.

You were operating close to shorelines (~ 100 km or so) for entire period?