SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter Online (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=258)
-   -   The Way I See It (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=196699)

Madox58 07-17-12 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julhelm (Post 1910084)
It got turned down, and always will. Even a one-man indie dev like Third Wire turns this down everytime it is suggested, and for good reason.

What you fail to understand is that the offer CAME from Ubi!
Not the other way around.

Julhelm 07-18-12 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by privateer (Post 1910792)
What you fail to understand is that the offer CAME from Ubi!
Not the other way around.

Really? So why was it turned down by the modders?

Madox58 07-18-12 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julhelm (Post 1910929)

It's all third or fourth hand info so I'm not sure the offer was infact a real offer or just a 'what do Modders think about this idea' kind of thing.
:hmmm:

I don't believe there was ever a follow up on the whole idea probably because the Modders did not jump on it without questions.

Other then that? I have no more information I can reveal under threat of death.
:haha:

I do know that some certain people are watching me on this topic though.
:shifty:

They will be The Men in Black should I vanish at some point.
:o

Just know that not all is as it appears at times.
:|\\

I also like your renders done in Marmoset Tool Bag.
It's a nice handy program at times.
Nice models!

JU_88 07-19-12 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julhelm (Post 1910929)

AFAIK, it was a 'proposal' that came from some of the Ubi devs on the SH5 project (who were on good terms with the Subsim community),
I get the impression that after they approached the individual modders, they then presented their proposal to the legal & management folks, and somewhere along that road, it got shot down.
Got to see it from their point of view I suppose, collaberating with uncontracted, unpaid & unmanaged volenteers, outside of the controlled development enviroment. Thats got to be a legal & logistical minefield for a big fish like Ubisoft, who want to do everything by the book.
It was a nice idea with the best of intentions, but one it seems, that was never actually going to be allowed to happen.
Maybe if SH5 had been produced by someone like Valve (in the late 90's), it might have been different.

TorpX 07-20-12 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herr-Berbunch (Post 1910466)
The best case I expect - people new to subsims to Google it and stumble upon Subsim.com, and then find SH3/4/5 and mods. :yeah:

Agree. :yep:

Satch 09-07-14 10:07 PM

it's that baD

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducimus (Post 1907842)
Oops. Yup, I stand corrected. As modding goes, I wouldn't touch SH5 with a cattleprod on the end of a 12 foot pole.

WPW, Coming from you it must be a really bad piece of work.:-?