SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL] The Wolves of Steel v2.2 - ready for download (Steam v1.2.0 compatible) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=236598)

Mad Mardigan 05-14-22 01:16 PM

Re: Query...

v2.2.24 TWoS, is the latest version... or has that been upgraded to a higher version... :hmmm:

Just want to make sure that I am, grabbing the latest version of TWoS... :shucks:

Thanks.

:Kaleun_Salute:

M. M.

GrenSo 05-15-22 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan (Post 2808646)
v2.2.24 TWoS, is the latest version... or has that been upgraded to a higher version... :hmmm:

Just want to make sure that I am, grabbing the latest version of TWoS... :shucks:

Thanks.

:Kaleun_Salute:

M. M.

Last official version of TWoS is v2.2.24. If a newer one exist, than Vecko doesn't released it.

fastfed 05-21-22 01:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What is up with this error?

Photofactor 12-29-22 10:13 AM

Exterior follow Camera

Hello, I just downloaded the TWoS mod, and I am trying to enable the exterior follow camera. I enabled it by re enabling Cmd 50, and 51 in the Command CFG to try to do so, it works, but it mucks up the rest of the captain views when trying to go back to first person. Here is the line of code I put in, simply just deleted the ; before Key0. Any help here in getting the follow cam to work? I know it's not "realistic", but I always enjoyed watching my sub from afar, while putting back a few brews.

Thanks!

[Cmd50]
Name=Camera_on_next_unit
Contexts=1,15
Key0=0xBE,,","
Page=0x34000000,3714

[Cmd51]
Name=Camera_on_prev_unit
Contexts=1,15
Key0=0xBC,,"."
Page=0x34000000,3714

BTW, I have been a member here since 2005 or so, haven't been around in years, and couldn't remember my user name or password, and don't have the email account "for years now", I created my old account with.

maillemaker 02-22-23 05:33 PM

I have noticed twice now that antisubmarine nets are floating in space.

The first was when I raided Scapa Flow. This is near Bergen.

https://i.imgur.com/rNA05YE.png

Also, how do I adjust the accuracy of the WO range reporting? It is too sloppy right now. I know this was nerfed for realism but I am playing no map updates so I want more accuracy until I get the hang of range estimation myself.

Thanks,

fitzcarraldo 02-22-23 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maillemaker (Post 2854576)
I have noticed twice now that antisubmarine nets are floating in space.

The first was when I raided Scapa Flow. This is near Bergen.

https://i.imgur.com/rNA05YE.png

Also, how do I adjust the accuracy of the WO range reporting? It is too sloppy right now. I know this was nerfed for realism but I am playing no map updates so I want more accuracy until I get the hang of range estimation myself.

Thanks,

Are you using some other mods? I made some raids in Scapa and never see this. Also, now I´m in the Arctic campaign and in Bergen as base, never see this...:hmmm:
Use OFEV for change the WO accuracy.

Regards

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

maillemaker 02-23-23 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2854591)
Are you using some other mods? I made some raids in Scapa and never see this.

Nope, nothing but TWOS 2.2.25.

Quote:

Use OFEV for change the WO accuracy.

What is OFEV? Can you elaborate on how to do it? Thanks!

kapuhy 02-26-23 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maillemaker (Post 2854606)
What is OFEV? Can you elaborate on how to do it? Thanks!

Options File Editor Viever, program for editing game options made by TDW.

You'll find it in data/applications/OptionsFileEditorViewer folder inside your silent hunter 5 folder.

maillemaker 02-26-23 10:27 PM

Thanks, I have it running.

There are many tabs to choose from. Do you know which one the WO Range is under?

I browsed through all of them but nothing jumped out.

DivingDutchman 12-27-23 08:53 AM

Heya folks, got TWoS running with encrypted BdU orders, and the enigma machine is in the game. However, I'm not receiving encrypted orders when starting a new game. It's just the standard SH messages.

As I said I started a new game after installing the addon, anything else I'm missing?

Thanks in advance! :Kaleun_Salute:

captain27 01-07-24 12:30 AM

What a great creation...

I think It was "Eastern British Coastal", I was told to Reposition and continue operation at AN5898. So, I was staying there for 24-48 hours and found lot of contacts. I sent contacts through radio and sent my position too.

Later I receive radio message that, Bdu will send more submarines in my area and told me to keep undetected.

Wow! I felt like I was actually in the war and did the contribution. You see how the game is dynamic, I really impressed with the creation and the team who worked on the "The Wolves of Steel v2.2" did really a good job on that.

If they can create such a dynamic game play, why now a days can't?. It's really sad that not many game industry create games as creation but pure money hunting. I am happy to play your mod. Thank you 1000 times, apart all my sorrowfulness and problems in my life, this gave me a little happy spark.

cheers! Hope you will create mods or games in future.. You know your fans will be ready buy :Kaleun_Applaud: