SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

gap 01-26-20 04:29 PM

@Vecko

When you get time, can you please upload somewhere TWoS versions of sh.sdl, flag.dat and names.cfg?

Cyborg322 01-26-20 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonci87 (Post 2646344)
It is not that. I have the problem as well, I think it is something like smoke artifacts from the effects mod.

No not really it can't be ruled because you have the same issue.Have you tried with another monitor ? Looking at the video provided I can see what looks like a shadow of a crew member fading from the left which looks like ghosting to me it may not be related to a specific monitor and can have a multitude of reason why this occurs and not necessarily a monitor issue. I would of expected more users to experience it if it was that, Easiest way to tell is to try another monitor or connect a laptop to one. Its not impossible it could be artifacting from smoke mod but it needs ruling out in my opinion

Swat 01-26-20 06:53 PM

Thanks for your opinions guys, but I still think it has something to do with smoke effects, possibly I'm using nVidia DSR resolution and also I'm limiting my framerate to a certain value since without any frame cap I find the mouse control absolutely unbereable and all over the place sometimes, plus I do like constant framerate throughout my game time. I have BenQ by the way so Dell theory not gonna work I'm afraid. It's 21:9, however I've been having these issues on a 16:9 panel as well.

And like I said this is very subtle what I captured, but I had situations with black bubbles on the horizon, or one HUGE and very unnaturaly looking black cloud, or rather a stain all across the horizon. When I go to an external camera and start approaching it, it starts fading away so you can never really get close to it. I guess it might be something with smoke effects (has the same color as smoke from the ships) and render distance....

And as I said before I've always had this issue with TWoS mod, very immersion breaking. Will keep my eyes peeled and try to capture further samples of this...

boogieman335 01-27-20 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swat (Post 2646386)
Thanks for your opinions guys, but I still think it has something to do with smoke effects, possibly I'm using nVidia DSR resolution and also I'm limiting my framerate to a certain value since without any frame cap I find the mouse control absolutely unbereable and all over the place sometimes, plus I do like constant framerate throughout my game time. I have BenQ by the way so Dell theory not gonna work I'm afraid. It's 21:9, however I've been having these issues on a 16:9 panel as well.

And like I said this is very subtle what I captured, but I had situations with black bubbles on the horizon, or one HUGE and very unnaturaly looking black cloud, or rather a stain all across the horizon. When I go to an external camera and start approaching it, it starts fading away so you can never really get close to it. I guess it might be something with smoke effects (has the same color as smoke from the ships) and render distance....

And as I said before I've always had this issue with TWoS mod, very immersion breaking. Will keep my eyes peeled and try to capture further samples of this...

I haves seen this in both modded and un-modded versions of the game. I have found it appears less to run the game with video card settings at default settings and only turn the "perfer maximum performance on". I also get much smoother framerates with these settings which run from 80 to 105 or so depending on if I am in port or not. I also use Reshade and my graphics mod which is in the downloads section. My video card is Nvidia 1050ti Here is a link to some screenshots using Reshade ver 4.52 https://imgur.com/gallery/6OZ0aLA

vdr1981 01-27-20 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2646356)
@Vecko

When you get time, can you please upload somewhere TWoS versions of sh.sdl, flag.dat and names.cfg?

Sure...http://www.mediafire.com/file/xjz9r8...Files.rar/file

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swat (Post 2646386)

It's a stock game graphical glitch and from what I know it can not be fixed...:salute:

gap 01-27-20 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2646469)

Files received, thank you! :up:

Tonci87 01-27-20 01:12 PM

I just experienced my first circle running torpedo. :o
THANKFULLY that circle running torpedo was also a dud and did not explode when it slammed into the side of my sub :timeout:

Tonci87 01-27-20 05:43 PM

I have just released a Video showing how to use the Ausdampfverfahren

It helps to hit the target without measuring speed or AOB.
Good for beginners and experienced Kaleuns alike.

Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLTkxym1y9s

fitzcarraldo 01-28-20 08:36 PM

Playing with 2.2.17, I noted the new environment, for my taste, is not so candy as the previous incarnations (until 2.2.16). Of course, it is my taste and for many people the new environment could be very nice. I prefer the water and the dawns/dusks of previous version. The actual could be more realistic, but also it seems a little boring to me.

So, please Vecko, if you can add an optional mod with the previous (until 2.2.16) environment in the next release, Iīll be very grateful and happy.

BTW, the game is highly stable, no problems, 463 savegames/reloads with 2.2.17.

Many thanks and best regards.:Kaleun_Cheers:

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

vdr1981 01-29-20 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2646769)
Playing with 2.2.17, I noted the new environment, for my taste, is not so candy as the previous incarnations (until 2.2.16). Of course, it is my taste and for many people the new environment could be very nice. I prefer the water and the dawns/dusks of previous version. The actual could be more realistic, but also it seems a little boring to me.

So, please Vecko, if you can add an optional mod with the previous (until 2.2.16) environment in the next release, Iīll be very grateful and happy.

BTW, the game is highly stable, no problems, 463 savegames/reloads with 2.2.17.

Many thanks and best regards.:Kaleun_Cheers:

No problems Fitz. I'll have to track down files I've replaced and modified which will take some time, but I'll do it...:yep::salute:

fitzcarraldo 01-29-20 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2646816)
No problems Fitz. I'll have to track down files I've replaced and modified which will take some time, but I'll do it...:yep::salute:

Many thanks! For the next update. No urgency!

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

fitzcarraldo 01-30-20 10:14 AM

Searching home

Iīm having this problem with the "end patrol" function:

WA chapter: departure from Kiel, Type VIIC/41. March 23-1941. Free hunt, no mission requested in bunker.

40.000 tons sunk. 75% hull integrity, obs scope destroyed - 0% - TDC destroyed - 0%.

100% realism except external view and real nav.

On April 15 I received a BDU radio message for a new appointment in St. Nazaire. KSD registered this new base.

With the TDC destroyed, I decided to return to my (I supposed) new base: St. Nazaire.

Arriving at St. Nazaire, entering port, with anchor options, I have only "refit" and "postpone". I donīt have the "end patrol" option (greyed).

OK. Patience...I decided to refit and go to my original departure port, Kiel.

First, I went to Lorient, no option for end patrol.

Arrived in Kiel on April 25, 1941, Kiel, also, donīt have the option for "end patrol". I started to feel me a homeless...Well, I go to Wilhelmshaven trough the Kanal.

In Wilhelshaven now, April 26, 1941. No "end patrol" option...

Decided to go to St. Nazaire, but it seems BDU doesnīt want to receive me.

What is the issue? Could I touch something in the Savegames folder to activate the end patrol option? My original base (Kiel), amd my appointed base (St. Nazaire) donīt want to end my patrol. My boat is damaged. Donīt tell me Iīm dead and became the Fliegende Holländer...

From CareerTrack.UPC:

[CareerTrack 1.CareerStatusSave 382]
ID=ID
Reason=CSS_PatrolStart
NameDisplayable=U-69
CurrentDate=1941-03-20 15:00:00
UniqueID=-6439832042820345715
Title=
Text=
EntryStatus=2
DepartureBaseIDLink=F4Kiel
DepartureFlotillaIDLink=6thFlotilla
ObjectiveTypesAssigned=

[CareerTrack 1.CareerStatusSave 383]
ID=ID
Reason=CSS_BaseChange
NameDisplayable=
CurrentDate=1941-04-15 00:00:00
UniqueID=0
Title=
Text=
EntryStatus=0
BaseIDLink=F4StNazaire

Many thanks and best regards.

Muckenberg 01-30-20 03:00 PM

Greetings Fitz
Did I understand that you were using the VIIC / 41 in 1941?

fitzcarraldo 01-30-20 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muckenberg (Post 2646996)
Greetings Fitz
Did I understand that you were using the VIIC / 41 in 1941?

It is boat with the Turm of a VIIC/41. I selected the Turm when WA starts. Two levels of Kindergarten with two flaks. No snorkel.

https://imgur.com/a/yHtMn9F

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

vdr1981 01-30-20 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2647008)
It is boat with the Turm of a VIIC/41. I selected the Turm when WA starts. Two levels of Kindergarten with two flaks.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

And which port have submarine icon on your nav map? You should go there. There really shouldn't be any problems regarding these stuff...Sometimes save/reload is necessary if docking menu doesn't pop-up, but this is very rare from my experience...