SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 02-10-18 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyborg322 (Post 2540910)
HI Vecko

Using Windows 10 not had to do anything other than stuff I'd do with Windows 7

I know but still, this problem is quite frequent for (some) Win10 users...:hmmm:

Scottvdken 02-10-18 11:13 PM

For some reason, when I activate the harbor pilot out of kiel (first mission) he proceeds to drive the submarine right into the wall.....? Any idea why that could be? I first tried it in the bunker, and then after the "incident" tried it after I had just exited the bunker and he proceeded to drive into the first pier....

EDIT: Haha. ignore me.... obviously Kiel is the WRONG port to select for the first mission!

HW3 02-11-18 02:30 AM

Hi Vecko, I use Windows 10 and have not had the problem SnipersHunter is having. It also is not a Windows UAC problem as that only affects the Program Files and Program File x86 files on the C:/ Drive. Since SnipersHunter is using his E:/ Drive, the UAC should be a non issue.

THEBERBSTER 02-11-18 04:13 AM

Hi SH
I just wonder if it is an anti-virus problem or firewall problem.
Since Vecko has used Windows Installer I can download TWOS but cannot install it without turning the a-v off, otherwise I have to wait a couple of hours for AVG to check it out.
Where downloads contain exe's this can be a problem and you might find not all of TWOS gets installed.
For example the HSIE patch in SH3, you can install it but you cannot run it without making the exe an exception as it thinks it is a virus.
Peter

SnipersHunter 02-11-18 10:07 AM

Hello Peter,

I turned off my virus protection at installation and while running the game but i still get the problem.

The installer itself seems to work 100% correctly because it puts all the files in the SH5 folder only the files which get create within the game itself at runnig time seem to have this problem.

Unfortantly I dont know what else I could do now after i tried so much differnt things.

I never had this problem with TWOS before.

Thank you very much.

vdr1981 02-11-18 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnipersHunter (Post 2540972)
Hello Peter,

I turned off my virus protection at installation and while running the game but i still get the problem.

The installer itself seems to work 100% correctly because it puts all the files in the SH5 folder only the files which get create within the game itself at runnig time seem to have this problem.

Unfortantly I dont know what else I could do now after i tried so much differnt things.

I never had this problem with TWOS before.

Thank you very much.

Must be that your install location has some user/owner limitations. How about to reinstall the game to a different location on your HDD, C maybe?:hmmm:

bart 02-11-18 10:25 AM

@SnipersHunter

Do you have a Uplay account with the game bound to it?

I just recently upgraded my PC and now have Windows 10 for the first time. Thought I would try to install SH5 along with the WOS yesterday. I downloaded and installed Uplay to the PC, logged into it and downloaded SH5 from there as it's bound to my account even though I do have the disk version. I didn't use the default location though, switched the install to a second SSD I have. I then ran the WOS installer as per Vecko's instructions on the first post and it works like a charm. I have the initial log-in to Uplay set as administrator and I launch the game from there.

SnipersHunter 02-11-18 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2540973)
Must be that your install location has some user/owner limitations. How about to reinstall the game to different location on your HDD, C maybe?:hmmm:

I doubt it I am the only user. And this user of course has administrative priveleges. I will try to install it to my C: Drive maybe this works.

@bart

Yes the game (DVD version) is linked to UPlay.

Maybe this will work.

vdr1981 02-11-18 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnipersHunter (Post 2540977)
I doubt it I am the only user. And this user of course has administrative priveleges. I will try to install it to my C: Drive maybe this works.

@bart

Yes the game (DVD version) is linked to UPlay.

Maybe this will work.

I searched yesterday win10 forums a bit in order to find out what could cause similar application behavior but I haven't found anything concrete...

There were some talks about folder "ownership" and UAC settings but I couldn't draw any conclusions...:hmmm:

vdr1981 02-11-18 10:40 AM

By the way, here is the preliminary changelog for the ucoming TWoS v2.2.0.
If you have any more ideas , shout them out. :salute:

Quote:

v2.2.0
Re organised main TWoS installer:
- Added to the main installer Sputterfish's automatic steam conversion tool which should finally make TWoS fully compatible with the (v1.2.0) Steam version of the game.
- Added Sputterfish's automatic config file generators for Generic File Patcher and Options File Editor/Viewer. It is not necessary anymore to manually edit any config files during the mod installation.
- Buit in JSGME application will from now contain only optional TWoS mods/add-ons while the main TWoS files will be extracted directly into "data" folder, reducing significantly possibility of user mistake and the duration of mod installation.
- Added set of optional mods and addons to the main TWoS installer, removed some of the less significant (I'll upload them per user request if neceserry).
- Resolution Patches are now named "Aspect Ratio Fix *x*" for better understanding and to keep them on top of the available optional mod list.
- Max time compression is now increased to x1024 due to proven megamod's stability.
- Windowed mod and V-sync options automatically disabled after the mod installation (significantly quicker loading times, enable the options in the in-game options menu if you wish).
- Stock OFEV settings cen be restored by runing "Restore Stock OFEV settings.bat" found in TWoS Documentation
folder.
- Yellow exclamation "new orders/objective" mark replaced with less intrusive black "message log" icon.
- Less intrusive/adjusted in-game rain effects.
- Various "under the hull" campaign layers and other file fixes and improvements.
- Updated pdf install instructions to reflect recent changes.
- Updated TWoS credits page. Latest outstanding TWoS supporter/donor: Andrew Widdicombe - Thank You very much Captain!

XenonSurf 02-11-18 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HW3 (Post 2540934)
Hi Vecko, I use Windows 10 and have not had the problem SnipersHunter is having. It also is not a Windows UAC problem as that only affects the Program Files and Program File x86 files on the C:/ Drive. Since SnipersHunter is using his E:/ Drive, the UAC should be a non issue.

I remember another post with this problem, I asked to check wether the drive (E:\ in this case) was protected. If its' protected, you select all files, go in properties and see if all files and folders are write-protected.
You need then to change this by unticking the protection.

But this may not be the cause here. Something in the install program maybe?

THEBERBSTER 02-11-18 06:05 PM

Hi bart
As you havea dvd and download have you tried a second installation on a different drive?
Run Uplay offline.
Peter

Kumando 02-12-18 09:09 AM

i have an issue im in 39 Baltic Operations mission and im using the enigma machine option, and when i open it to decipher the message the enigma its set to 1943 which makes it impossible to decipher it, any ideas?

Cyborg322 02-12-18 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kumando (Post 2541079)
i have an issue im in 39 Baltic Operations mission and im using the enigma machine option, and when i open it to decipher the message the enigma its set to 1943 which makes it impossible to decipher it, any ideas?

Hi Kumando :Kaleun_Salute:

This point has come up before there are posts by Vdr1981 ( Vecko ) and The Berbster which should be helpful to you

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=229433

Simon

Scottvdken 02-12-18 10:49 AM

I see this was asked way back in 2014, but I can't tell if the answer is positive (seems not), so figured I would ask. Is it possible to add the Mighty Fine Crew with beards mod to this, or will I break something? Looks like WoS only adds the stock faces, correct?