SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

History Geek 08-22-15 12:37 PM

Hello mates! :)

I'm completely new to Silent Hunter and just installed the game along with the Wolves of Steel mod and the U-96 (black) skin from Nozaurio.

I followed the instructions and skipped the tutorial mission, saved and reloaded the game in the bunker.

Alas, I don't know one thing about how to play the game itself and I'm not quite sure how the tutorial option in the main menu works.

Is there a mission with a full tutorial included in the mod?

Or do I need to start a new campain and this time NOT skip the tutorial?

I'm thankful for any kind of help! :)

vdr1981 08-22-15 01:54 PM

Nobon, can you please enable this fix with JSGME and try to reproduce Save game bug anyway you can?:hmm2

The Wolves of Steel 1.04 - Save game failed_Fix

Nobon 08-22-15 03:13 PM

Hah, dragged back my lifeless carcass after 52 hours of non-stop SH5 I don't know why, to take a last blink at the forum. It was worth it :D

Enabled the fix after patch 2, since than I tried to reproduce the error either in underwater , below 100, going fast, even 128x did not produce any error.

I tried it with my little cat and mouse situation also, and I was able to happily speed up game to 64x even until the destros got themselves bored, and left.

At least THIS two situations is solved with this fix, but I very much think its propable that you got rid of the failed save, period.

Congratz, I think the captn' who first reported this will be very happy aswell.

:)

What was the actual perpetrator? that zone file sounds curious

+ + +

vdr1981 08-22-15 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobon (Post 2338728)
What was the actual perpetrator? that zone file sounds curious

+ + +

Here...:salute:

The Wolves of Steel 1.04 - Patch 3

fitzcarraldo 08-22-15 08:25 PM

Some solution for the flickering textures in ships? Today a Blenheim flying over Lorient offered me an spectacle of buildings and ships trembling and flickering in an absolute annoying way...

Not resolved with high AA and Anisotropic filtering in Nvidia Inspector.

Thanks for the update!

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

MrMessick 08-23-15 02:29 AM

I just want to say thanks for such a great mod, I have been looking at buying a silent hunter game for a few years now and always talked myself out of it because I mainly dislike Ubisoft. But I decided to give it a try and go straight with WOS and full 100% realism off the bat and got to say it's quite fun. I have yet to sink a ship but am amazed the I can watch the war unfold around me such as the first mission in the campaign. By the time I got set up for a attack run on the taskforce I got to watch the Luftwaffe destroy them first :P. It is little things like that I enjoy.

Thanks to all who put their efforts into these mods.

THEBERBSTER 08-23-15 05:47 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > MrMessick:subsim:
You Will Always Find Someone Here To Help You :sunny:
New To Silent Hunter <> Need Help <> Click On My Thread Link.:salute:
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community :yeah:

Post #24 Shaefer’s Season 2 Let's Play Silent Hunter 5 YouTube Videos:ping:

As a newcomer to TWOS use Shaefer's videos as a tutorial as they will show you how to do a lot of things and save you time.

Nobon 08-23-15 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2338735)

Ah, I see. :D but what was the cause of it?

fitzcarraldo 08-23-15 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobon (Post 2338885)
Ah, I see. :D but what was the cause of it?

In the download page Vecko tell us about the changes.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

littelmaster 08-24-15 03:06 PM

Hello everybody
I give up. I’m searching since 3 days across the forum a solution to my problem.
Basically I have resolution problem. I’m playing in 1366x768 on a laptop.
Distance measure by map tools are not matching map scale (game scale).
Example - If I manually measure and plot a course and i take one way point
I have (let’s say) 3600m according to map scale (lower left corner). Measuring with maps tools I have less - 2150m

I had exactly the same problem with SH4 but I found this mod
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=174874

My actual list mode

The wolves of steel 1.04
The wolves of steel 1.04 patch 3
OH II 2.x New start VIIB
Command keys 1.03 (tune by me)
The wolves of steel – wind & smoke
The wolves of steel – 16x9 resolution patch
Officers skin by Naights

Need a little hand here with this problem please….

vdr1981 08-24-15 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littelmaster (Post 2339243)
Hello everybody
I give up. I’m searching since 3 days across the forum a solution to my problem.
Basically I have resolution problem. I’m playing in 1366x768 on a laptop.
Distance measure by map tools are not matching map scale (game scale).
Example - If I manually measure and plot a course and i take one way point
I have (let’s say) 3600m according to map scale (lower left corner). Measuring with maps tools I have less - 2150m

You are referring to small map scale line in lower left corner of navigation map? Now that you mentioned it I can see that it is totally misaligned but I really never used that thing anyway...:) Actually, I've never heard that anyone use it...:D
On the other hand, map scale line on TAI map is more or less correct..

If you click on small blue triangle button on upper right corner of nav map, you'll get map bearing overlay pretty much the same like those from your mod for SH4 (IF you don't use Real nav)....

RoflCopter4 08-24-15 10:01 PM

I just have a couple of little questions:

1. I just noticed I've been playing without any patches. Oops. I just enabled the most recent one. Is it save game compatible? It mentions that I might need to advance my campaign before it comes into effect, has that been tested or do you say that just in case?

2. Are the medals actually possible to obtain? I've received the Iron Cross first class 7 times now and the other Iron Cross twice but none of the others.

MrMessick 08-25-15 02:29 AM

finally after days of practice and frustration using this mod at full 100% realism plus real navigation. I finally sunk my first ship, sent 2 torpedos. The first hit exactly where I aimed and the second missed somehow but she still went down.

The main area I found I was screwing up on my TDC calculations was the Damn AOB and shooting at the correct Gyro angle once you set the AOB.

littelmaster 08-25-15 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2339262)
You are referring to small map scale line in lower left corner of navigation map? Now that you mentioned it I can see that it is totally misaligned but I really never used that thing anyway...:) Actually, I've never heard that anyone use it...:D
On the other hand, map scale line on TAI map is more or less correct..

If you click on small blue triangle button on upper right corner of nav map, you'll get map bearing overlay pretty much the same like those from your mod for SH4 (IF you don't use Real nav)....

Hello vdr1981
So one point is clear – I will not use the map scale (lower left corner) instead I will use map tools.
The bearing tool is another story. The button on the upper right corner

work correctly the bearing tool appears. The problem is that the bearing is
not scaling! It’s mean that no matter zoom I have on the map the bearing

tools have still the same size J (big size)

I can live without it but I like it and I’m already use to it
Can you tell me witch mod is for this bearing tool? Maybe a little tweak:)

Regards

Aktungbby 08-25-15 05:47 AM

welcome aboard!

MrMessick!:Kaleun_Salute: and HistoryGeek...belatedly :Kaleun_Salute: