SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 02-19-15 10:35 AM

Patch 4 is ready and I think that's gonna be it for the next period...

The Wolves of Steel 1.03 - Patch 4 changelog:

Snapshot changes:
-
Other tweaks:
- Enabled TDW periscopes spray/wakes (UBoot_Sensors.fx)
- Enabled red distress flares, when 100% zone damage (zone.cfg)
- Ark Royal zon file, she will capsize now when destroyed...or be destroyed when capsized... :P. Test mission included.
- New loading background
- As always...waves settings
- Removed distracting tonnage bar. Don't worry, Trevally's Open Horizons II campaign is carefully tuned not to require from player to fulfill all the missions so if you fail some, your career will still continue. So, keep calm, sink ships and enjoy the campaign...
If you can't live without tonnage bar thing from some reason, then enable "IO_StrategicMap_7_5_0_for_TDWv750 Grid Req Fix" after TWoS 1.03-Patch 4.

Added mods:
- SH5_Starshells_patch

Removed mods:
- FXU_0_0_22_No Starshells (.eqp Files)

Installation:
1. Start JSGME found in main SH5 folder and drag content of the archive into available mods area.
2. Enable patch 4 with JSGME after the main TWoS 1.03 megamod, JSGME list should look like this:
The Wolves of Steel 1.03
The Wolves of Steel 1.03 - Patch 4
The Wolves of Steel 1.03 - TDW Real Navigation *(optional mod)
The Wolves of Steel - *x* Resolution Patch *(optional mod)
3. Start TDW's genericpatcher.exe and restore Snapshot found in "SH5/TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_168_0/Snapshot" folder. (not needed if you're TWoS 1.03+Patch 3 user)
4. Continue your campaign. Happy hunting!

* These are install instructions for people whose already using TWoS 1.03+Patch 3. If you're installing TWoS 1.03 for the first time , then install instructions form the TWoS home thread are adequate for you.
* This patch is cumulative which means that it containes changes from all previous patches.
* Enable the patch in the port or at the sea when you don't have any AI units in your rendering area.
* Note for users whose already sailing TWoS 1.03 or TWoS+Patch3: If you're experiencing sudden increase of random CTD's especially when encountering AI units after the patch is enabled, please report issue in TWoS home thread...

Homuth 02-19-15 01:24 PM

Thank you for keeping your mod collection updated :up:

I like it that you aim for a more realistic experience with the new patches :)

Aktungbby 02-19-15 04:47 PM

welcome back!

Homuth! :Kaleun_Salute: After a year's silent run!

Myxale 02-19-15 06:34 PM

Kudos mate. Will try asap.:D

eagleFMJ 02-19-15 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2289172)
Seems fine to me...Navigator needs some time to take celestial fix, 1-2 h...

Oh I see, I had no idea it takes this long, I was watching a Youtube video of this guy using the a real nav mod (TDW real nav?) when he hit the celestial fix button the position is updated instantly

see here https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...XTKl4Qt8#t=800

Thats why I was puzzled lol, I realize the video is like 4 years old but I figured the mod still worked as he showed.

Anyways thanks for the info :)

Sjizzle 02-20-15 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eagleFMJ (Post 2289375)
Oh I see, I had no idea it takes this long, I was watching a Youtube video of this guy using the a real nav mod (TDW real nav?) when he hit the celestial fix button the position is updated instantly

see here https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...XTKl4Qt8#t=800

Thats why I was puzzled lol, I realize the video is like 4 years old but I figured the mod still worked as he showed.

Anyways thanks for the info :)

u can change the time how fast to show the celestial fix on your map from TDW's Option FIle Viewer...

Gaugeforever 02-21-15 02:43 AM

I'm confused, there is no patch 4 in JSGME... I ended up just manually adding the patch contents to the main folder. I'm not sure if I did this correctly or not. I followed the instructions to the T and I see everything in JSGME except that patch 4...

vdr1981 02-21-15 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaugeforever (Post 2289735)
I'm confused, there is no patch 4 in JSGME... I ended up just manually adding the patch contents to the main folder. I'm not sure if I did this correctly or not. I followed the instructions to the T and I see everything in JSGME except that patch 4...

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2165720)
[I]
Step 5:
Start JSGME.exe found in the main SH5 folder. Download The Wolves of Steel 1.03-Patch 4 and drag content of the archive into JSGME available mods area.
Enable contained mods in this order...(JSGME my appear frozen while enabling the megamod, just let it finish it's job / Say 'Yes' to all JSGME warnings)
Code:

The Wolves of Steel 1.03
The Wolves of Steel 1.03 - Patch 4
The Wolves of Steel 1.03 - TDW Real Navigation *
The Wolves of Steel - *x* Resolution Patch * (if needed, default is 16:10)

* - These are optional patches
All about JSGME - Generic Mod Enabler

I've edited step 5 a bit. Is this more understandable now?

vdr1981 02-21-15 08:25 AM

Be careful when meeting those Swordfish bombers...They may appear like slow and easy targets but...:)

East Atlantic, June 1940: Cpt.Shulc's U-52 goes down after encounter with aging Swordfish torpedo bomber...

Sjizzle 02-21-15 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2289812)
Be careful when meeting those Swordfish bombers...They may appear like slow and easy targets but...:)

East Atlantic, June 1940: Cpt.Shulc's U-52 goes down after encounter with aging Swordfish torpedo bomber...

nice picture vdr1981 :)

finchOU 02-21-15 06:39 PM

Resolution? Help me out!

Haven't upgraded to WOS yet. Still finishing my last career.

I've been browsing through this thread and saw that there are resolution patches. What are these for? I currently run the game at 1920 x 1080 through my big screen TV and the game seems to work fine. What is the deal with Resolution....I'm really don't know much other than higher resolution is better right?

I guess my question is whether I should have been running the game at this setting or is the game fixed to a certain resolution....and the patches allow for different resolution?

Gaugeforever 02-21-15 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2289760)
I've edited step 5 a bit. Is this more understandable now?

Yes thanks. Worked like a charm :)

Sjizzle 02-22-15 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finchOU (Post 2289992)
Haven't upgraded to WOS yet. Still finishing my last career.

I've been browsing through this thread and saw that there are resolution patches. What are these for? I currently run the game at 1920 x 1080 through my big screen TV and the game seems to work fine. What is the deal with Resolution....I'm really don't know much other than higher resolution is better right?

I guess my question is whether I should have been running the game at this setting or is the game fixed to a certain resolution....and the patches allow for different resolution?

the resolution patch is for periscope only. The resolution patch have nothing to do with the game graphics.... for your resolution u must use 16:9 resolution patch.

finchOU 02-22-15 10:51 AM

Thanks Sizzle. :up:

test_m4a1 02-22-15 07:14 PM

Hey guys,

I have just one question :)

Why destroyers can discover submarine while im surfaced by hydrophone? I thought hydrophone works only when im submarged but even if its night and they cant see me, they can discover me by hydrophone (if my engines are on) which efects turning on lights and shooting.

According to what i know, at night submarines could even enter convoys but with this hydrophone spotting on surface its impossibile with engines ON...

Jaromaz 02-23-15 08:12 AM

The startup screen (patch 4) is not appropriate. It's just a modification - not the full game.
IO_StrategicMap should be optional (in my opinion :) ).

adrians69 02-23-15 03:00 PM

Is there a 5:4 patch available for Large Optics at all?

Adrian

vdr1981 02-24-15 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaromaz (Post 2290410)
The startup screen (patch 4) is not appropriate. It's just a modification - not the full game.
IO_StrategicMap should be optional (in my opinion :) ).

If we know that stock SH5 is nothing more than piece of unusable and scrawled code where NOTHING works as it should, then mod compilation like this is more then "complete game"...And trust me, Subsim members mods included in this expansion have much, much more developing hours then SH5 it selves...And all for free...
Just take a look in few threads here, like Trevally's OHII thread or TDW new UI's/ generic patcher, IRAI, and you'll understand what I'm talking about.

Anyway, would something like this be more appropriate? :03:

kevinsue 02-24-15 07:44 PM

G'day Vecko,

I finally deleted my modded version after multiple CTD's on "Western Approaches" and started a new career using TWOS.

I set out on the first mission to Danzig, completed it and then sailed on and arrived at the Keil Bunker without a single glitch or CTD!!!!:yeah:

This is the first time I have actually got to Keil and docked since I installed SH5.

Normally after multiple CTD's and frustration, I change that patrol to completed in the .cfg file and start the next one at Wilhelmshaven.

So...after all this time, I now have a stable version to actually play the game and not spend the majority of my time trying to fix things and being angry and frustrated with it!

As far as the the above post:

Quote:

IO_StrategicMap should be optional (in my opinion ).
You can name it after your Grandmother if you want as far as I'm concerned.

Yourself and all those talented people involved in modding and repairing this flawed program HAVE made it into a new game!!

So Thank You for all the work you have done putting TWOS together and for also being available on the forum to help those people that encounter difficulties or have questions etc.:up:

Best Regards....Kev*

Husksubsky 02-24-15 08:55 PM

I m an avrage middleaged man who enjoyed so much being a daring uboat captain...until time and time again the daring uboat captain was pulled out of action in a split second and was ...again the average man (in underwear) looking at a blue desktop with a square saying thank you for playing silent hunter 5:huh:. Maybe thats how bad a uboat captain feel when he hits a mine. I was in uboatcaptainhell.

Then Wolfes of steel came around. (sorry my inaoppropriate language:smug:)
Fully functional fully modded no CTD s ready to play in a fraction of the time I used from scratch before. (Interesting use of JSGME to ...mod mods btw..I hesitated a bit but ...brilliant)

Thank you!