SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

kapuhy 05-31-20 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2673735)
Destroyers can not operate near coast due to AI limitations...

If you can spare some time, please elaborate a bit on what are these limitations? I've seen posts on subsim advising against attacking ports due to AI being unable to operate there, but nothing specific on what actually happens when player engages enemy warship near coast/port - ctd's, groundings, blowing themselves with DC's?

vdr1981 05-31-20 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapuhy (Post 2674300)
If you can spare some time, please elaborate a bit on what are these limitations? I've seen posts on subsim advising against attacking ports due to AI being unable to operate there, but nothing specific on what actually happens when player engages enemy warship near coast/port - ctd's, groundings, blowing themselves with DC's?

Sure...Check this post Kapuhy...https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...23&postcount=2

I manage to solve this problem by moving harbor defenses away from shallow waters and placing them on frequent traffic lines in coastal water (best hunting grounds to say, which is logical after all IMO ). Coastal guns and dense minefields are added for direct harbor protection...

Texas Red 05-31-20 07:52 PM

I've torpedoed a few ships in harbors in SH5 with TWoS and this is usually the result:

https://i.postimg.cc/bwDpW9yc/SH5-Im...9-22-32-44.jpg

This happens and the other ships are sunk by it, and stray ship pieces will hit my sub on occasion, but I escape in one piece luckily.

I'm surprised I even made it out of Coastal Waters without dying in it even once!

kapuhy 06-01-20 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2674305)
Sure...Check this post Kapuhy...https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...23&postcount=2

I manage to solve this problem by moving harbor defenses away from shallow waters and placing them on frequent traffic lines in coastal water (best hunting grounds to say, which is logical after all IMO ). Coastal guns and dense minefields are added for direct harbor protection...

Thanks! So, any small / coastal warships are viable as long as they have realistic reason to operate 20+ kilometers from coast. Got it (I am converting my old Fairmile model to gr2 format right now and it got me worried for their usefulness, but from what research I've made they will still be good for protecting those coastal traffic lines).

gap 06-01-20 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapuhy (Post 2674377)
Thanks! So, any small / coastal warships are viable as long as they have realistic reason to operate 20+ kilometers from coast. Got it (I am converting my old Fairmile model to gr2 format right now and it got me worried for their usefulness, but from what research I've made they will still be good for protecting those coastal traffic lines).

The one thing you should worry about, is probably ship mass. Right now I have no exact figures, but if boat displacement is too small compared to the displacement of the attacked submarine, game AI will prevent the said boat from sailing right on top of her potential target.

This issue is probably related to collision avoidance routines, and it has been reported for the first time with motor torpedo boats. If memory serves, when they spot an enemy submarine they head for her, but before they can reach a convenient position for depth-charging her, they change course and they start sailing in circles.

kapuhy 06-02-20 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2674382)
The one thing you should worry about, is probably ship mass.(...)

Hi, I don't want to discuss it here so as to not derail TWoS thread, but I'm aware of it and will be testing some possible solutions. Worst case, if nothing else works Y-gun still hits the target just fine.

gap 06-02-20 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapuhy (Post 2674591)
Hi, I don't want to discuss it here so as to not derail TWoS thread, but I'm aware of it and will be testing some possible solutions. Worst case, if nothing else works Y-gun still hits the target just fine.

I hope I am not derailing any thread by saying that, if the K-gun controller works as intended, the DC rack controller will work as well :salute:

Texas Red 06-07-20 11:24 AM

Has anyone ever had this issue before?
https://i.postimg.cc/76ByBF4g/SH5-Im...7-11-10-29.jpg

This is the first time I have had this issue. The game never had this happen until today.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

Texas Red 06-08-20 09:44 AM

I fixed it by disabling an incompatible mod. Thanks for the help on the Glitches and Issues thread!

One small question though, can status reports that are requested by the BdU be ignored?

vdr1981 06-08-20 04:47 PM

v2.2.19
- Old SH3 C-3 cargo liner has been replaced with new highly detailed and great looking 3D model, created by Rosomaha!
- Updated files and performances for recently added Kapuhy's Small motor Coaster.
- Slightly increased re-spawn intervals for fishing and others trawlers which can be encountered in coastal waters of various nations. Adjusted fishing areas node positions.
- Added/repositioned allied destroyer patrols to several sea traffic choking points near coastal waters, like Gibraltar, British NW and SW approaches ect.
- Majority of neutral traffic bound to British waters in early war years have been replaced with the appropriate "free nations". This means that from now all darkened ships encountered in British waters, even under the flag of currently neutral nation (like Sweden, Denmark ect) will be valid targets and player won't receive penalty points in case of sinking. Also, use of optional "Neutrals Illuminated Only_Until [Date]" addon for TWoS is highly recommended.
- Few other minor tweaks and fixes.
- Special thanks to the latest outstanding TWoS supporter/donor: Larry Shirley, John Carlson, Victor Nunez Riera, Ulrich Bäumler and Kostyantyn Davydov. Good hunting Captains!

Download links in my signature...

https://i.postimg.cc/CL8RDprG/SH5-Im...0-22-30-48.jpg:Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Salute:

GrenSo 06-09-20 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2676416)
v2.2.19
- Old SH3 C-3 cargo liner has been replaced with new highly detailed and great looking 3D model, created by Rosomaha!
- Updated files and performances for recently added Kapuhy's Small motor Coaster.
- Slightly increased re-spawn intervals for fishing and others trawlers which can be encountered in coastal waters of various nations. Adjusted fishing areas node positions.
- Added/repositioned allied destroyer patrols to several sea traffic choking points near coastal waters, like Gibraltar, British NW and SW approaches ect.
- Majority of neutral traffic bound to British waters in early war years have been replaced with the appropriate "free nations". This means that from now all darkened ships encountered in British waters, even under the flag of currently neutral nation (like Sweden, Denmark ect) will be valid targets and player won't receive penalty points in case of sinking. Also, use of optional "Neutrals Illuminated Only_Until [Date]" addon for TWoS is highly recommended.
- Few other minor tweaks and fixes.
- Special thanks to the latest outstanding TWoS supporter/donor: Larry Shirley, John Carlson, Victor Nunez Riera, Ulrich Bäumler and Kostyantyn Davydov. Good hunting Captains!

Thx for your great work again.
From thursday I can test intensively, because I have a for one week vacation. :Kaleun_Salute:

Demon777 06-09-20 05:06 AM

vdr1981, thanks for the update!!

Am I correct that in this version there will be flags change (free nations sometimes have slightly different flags) for the ships of neutral nations during early-war period, or its just a way to avoid player's penalty for sinking such ships?

Using of "Neutrals Illuminated Only_Until[Date]" addon is highly recommended for correct game behaviour with regard to these changes?

kapuhy 06-09-20 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2676416)
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="3"]v2.2.19(...)

Thanks for new update :up:

BTW, re: illuminated ships - are there any illuminated gr2 ships in game? I wasn't able to find any for reference (I'd like to add this to my ships if possible, most of them even have navigation lamps modeled).

Texas Red 06-09-20 07:50 AM

Will Stormys DBSM work with TWoS 2.2.19?

Thanks for the new update as well! Cannot wait to advance to the next campaign chapter!

fitzcarraldo 06-09-20 07:53 AM

Many thanks for the new update!

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute: