SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 04-21-19 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sauroketh (Post 2604596)
How did you manage to turn off the gunfire tracking line

Not sure what do you mean by this?:hmmm:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sauroketh (Post 2604596)
and SLOW THE DECK GUN platform rotation? It's becoming a true nightmare, I can't figure out how this is being coded.

Uboat deck gun? Train speeds are specified in Deck_Gun_GE88mm.sim file. You'll have to use goblin editor to edit the values...

Sauroketh 04-21-19 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2604620)
Not sure what do you mean by this?:hmmm:

Oh, I'm helluva grateful, GOBLIN editor keyword almost solves the puzzle,
what I mean by tracking line be an all-to-rough German translation of Geschossbahn, path of projectile, shell path, it is supposed to be turned on and off in the OPTIONS menu, the one most simpe and accessible settings. But checking/unchecking it does plainly nothing. So, to put it simply, I don't see where I'm aiming. Might as well shoot myself in the head, me.

vdr1981 04-21-19 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sauroketh (Post 2604623)
what I mean by tracking line be an all-to-rough German translation of Geschossbahn, path of projectile, shell path, it is supposed to be turned on and off in the OPTIONS menu, the one most simpe and accessible settings. But checking/unchecking it does plainly nothing. So, to put it simply, I don't see where I'm aiming. Might as well shoot myself in the head, me.

Works well in my game. Are you trying to turn on/off projectile path while in the campaign or for historical missions?

Sauroketh 04-21-19 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2604626)
Works well in my game. Are you trying to turn on/off projectile path while in the campaign or for historical missions?

In the campaign. Didn't try aout the separate missions at all.
Methinks you just barred this setting to get most realism, sir.
Oh I wish I were wrong.

Sauroketh 04-21-19 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2604626)

Well, the "round numbers in the torpedo solution line" act almost just as weird.
Saw them in Memel in G7a TI solution line, never by equiping other torpedoes, Weird enough already. And after leaving thedock not even by G7a TI. Strange, sure strange as sure as the wind sturs the sea.

vdr1981 04-21-19 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sauroketh (Post 2604628)
In the campaign. Didn't try aout the separate missions at all.
Methinks you just barred this setting to get most realism, sir.
Oh I wish I were wrong.

You are forgetting that for the campaign purposes, you can only access game-play settings while in the bunker. Next time you dock and before speaking with your flotilla commander, hit the escape key => Options and edit your settings...:yep:

Sauroketh 04-21-19 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2604632)
You are forgetting that for the campaign purposes, you can only access game-play settings while in the bunker. Next time you dock and before speaking with your flotilla commander, hit the escape key => Options and edit your settings...:yep:

Oh THATS DASISTDANTASTISCH, GREAT, SUPER, THANKS, SEVEN HEAVENS, I'LL TRY THIS OUT IMMEDIATELY, AS SURE AS MY ASS IS DUMB!!!
P.S. Back to my problem with the pretty-petty "round numbers"...

vdr1981 04-21-19 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sauroketh (Post 2604629)
Well, the "round numbers in the torpedo solution line" act almost just as weird.
Saw them in Memel in G7a TI solution line, never by equiping other torpedoes, Weird enough already. And after leaving thedock not even by G7a TI. Strange, sure strange as sure as the wind sturs the sea.

This option is disabled somewhere in the OFEV or maybe even Generic Patcher, can't remember exactly...

vdr1981 04-21-19 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sauroketh (Post 2604633)
Oh THATS DASISTDANTASTISCH, GREAT, SUPER, THANKS, SEVEN HEAVENS, I'LL TRY THIS OUT IMMEDIATELY, AS SURE AS MY ASS IS DUMB!!!

:D:D:up::Kaleun_Salute:

XenonSurf 04-21-19 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sauroketh (Post 2604633)
P.S. Back to my problem with the pretty-petty "round numbers"...

As told by Veko, the gun fire line is disabled in the options, now to stop rotation of the deckgun:

Before you man or use the gun, you must order Battlestations 2, then order WO to man the gun, plus set fire options if you play auto-gun, or go to the gun yourself.
At the end, you must again order Battlestations 2 to revert the 1st order and then give order to WO to secure deck gun. Thats' it, after this exact sequence the gun will be put in the right initial position again. It's all about the Battlestation 2 command.

Hope this helps,
:Kaleun_Cheers:

vdr1981 04-21-19 12:19 PM

v2.2.12
- Edited Baltic early war sea traffic lines.
- Fixed problem where Polish merchant ships were occasionally trying to pass trough the Kiel kanal while trying to defect to Great Britain during the invasion of Poland.
- Defecting Polish ships will now be taken from Free Poland roster so they can be attacked without penalties for player even after Poland has been conquered.
- Reworked Operation Weserübung: British and German task forces routs departure dates and group compositions. *Note that near the coast operations can not be simulated due to AI limitations.
- Removed excessive number of both British and German task forces during the invasion of Norway.
- Fixed problem where British task forces will just disappear after their final way point is reached during the Operation Weserübung. Instead, they will patrol the designated area for several days and return to Scapa Flow.
- Edited/added set of radio messages which will instruct the player how to behave during the Operation Weserübung, when to start and stop attacking Norwegian ships...
- *All campaign changes require new campaign start in order to be activated but this is not mandatory if your current playtrough date is well beyond april 1940.
- Polish Grom destroyer 3D model is replaced with more historically accurate British R class, instead of used Tribal.
- Special thanks to the latest outstanding TWoS supporters/donors who are making this expansion to keep going: Michael Meuren, Thomas "excel4004" Pentenrieder and Robert "bstanko6" Stanko.

Download links in my signature...Happy hunting!

:Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Salute:

Riekopo 04-21-19 12:37 PM

I have a question for the mod team. Is the exporter tool that user Jeff-Groves bought with community raised funds going to be used to make this amazing mod even better?

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226836

vdr1981 04-21-19 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riekopo (Post 2604727)
I have a question for the mod team. Is the exporter tool that user Jeff-Groves bought with community raised funds going to be used to make this amazing mod even better?

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226836

I wouldn't know really...Maybe Jeff knows better since if I understood him correctly, he is the only one who can actually use the tool in question...

XenonSurf 04-21-19 01:18 PM

Export tool for what ? I have already described that backing up certain files (sh5.exe and a couple of others) and de-installing TWoS will give you the files you need to re-install game and using these files, this will give you a 1.2.0 game which is fully moddable and the TDW patch already applied.

Well, you still need TWoS for all that... :)
And all this for what? Just to play the 3-circle torpedo firing again, to see Captain Ralph in the initial tutorial, or playing with the mischief tonnage bar?...:hmmm: No thanks!

Tonci87 04-21-19 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2604724)
v2.2.12
- Edited Baltic early war sea traffic lines.
- Fixed problem where Polish merchant ships were occasionally trying to pass trough the Kiel kanal while trying to defect to Great Britain during the invasion of Poland.
- Defecting Polish ships will now be taken from Free Poland roster so they can be attacked without penalties for player even after Poland has been conquered.
- Reworked Operation Weserübung: British and German task forces routs departure dates and group compositions. *Note that near the coast operations can not be simulated due to AI limitations.
- Removed excessive number of both British and German task forces during the invasion of Norway.
- Fixed problem where British task forces will just disappear after their final way point is reached during the Operation Weserübung. Instead, they will patrol the designated area for several days and return to Scapa Flow.
- Edited/added set of radio messages which will instruct the player how to behave during the Operation Weserübung, when to start and stop attacking Norwegian ships...
- *All campaign changes require new campaign start in order to be activated but this is not mandatory if your current playtrough date is well beyond april 1940.
- Polish Grom destroyer 3D model is replaced with more historically accurate British R class, instead of used Tribal.
- Special thanks to the latest outstanding TWoS supporters/donors who are making this expansion to keep going: Michael Meuren, Thomas "excel4004" Pentenrieder and Robert "bstanko6" Stanko.

Download links in my signature...Happy hunting!

:Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Salute:

Impecable timing VDR, I just finished a patrol and made my usual bunker save Oktober 1940 now :D
I´m glad that you reworked OP Weserübung. Great job!